Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott (47-yard run) 20.66 mph top speed

jrumann59

Reaction score
You know I expect some fans to not understand angles, but I thought you were better than that.
From the replay it looks like Chinn was moving fast so either Zeke slowed down or is slower overall, Chinn was a 4.45 guy in the combine Zeke is 4.47. I do not think those times are accurate now.

Reactions: BAT

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
From the replay it looks like Chinn was moving fast so either Zeke slowed down or is slower overall, Chinn was a 4.45 guy in the combine Zeke is 4.47. I do not think those times are accurate now.

Exactly. It’s the same as when people were referencing Witten’s supposed 40 time in like Year 8 of his career.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice comparison to RB with most yards in NFL history.

Most TDs too.

If only Emmitt was a speed back.

He could have been something.
Yeah, he left a lot of meat on the bone...lol

Reactions: BAT

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The defender had the right angle to run him down. That was not a matter of who was faster.

Chinn got off his block and was in full sprint while Zeke was fighting off 42. You can see here in this picture that Zeke is gearing down to evade the tackler and Chinn and #29 are in pursuit..

Notice Zeke is near the hash marks ..

Then here when #42 gets to him he is moving sideways.. meanwhile Chinn continues sprinting upfield.

Now here you can see Zeke has finally completely shed the tackler and turns upfield.. But by this time Chinn has run 10 yards towards the endzone while Zeke has been trying to avoid the tackle. Chinn is MUCH closer to full speed at this point than Zeke is.

You can see here where Chinn is already ahead of Zeke as they are about to cross the 35 yard line.

They basically remain in that relationship for the next 25 yards until Chinn pushes him out of bounds. One thing I didn't notice before was that Zeke clearly slows down towards the end of the run in anticipation of the hit. I think if he just keeps his head down and moves away from the sideline he probably breaks the tackle and scores. Either way, the run was not long enough for Zeke to reach full speed no matter what people try to tell you. But kudos to Chinn.. great hustle play by him. Like I keep saying, you don't get coast to coast runs without wide receivers blocking.. Notice no wide receivers out there blocking on this play and the DB chases it down.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Chinn got off his block and was in full sprint while Zeke was fighting off 42. You can see here in this picture that Zeke is gearing down to evade the tackler and Chinn and #29 are in pursuit..

Notice Zeke is near the hash marks ..

Then here when #42 gets to him he is moving sideways.. meanwhile Chinn continues sprinting upfield.

Now here you can see Zeke has finally completely shed the tackler and turns upfield.. But by this time Chinn has run 10 yards towards the endzone while Zeke has been trying to avoid the tackle. Chinn is MUCH closer to full speed at this point than Zeke is.

You can see here where Chinn is already ahead of Zeke as they are about to cross the 35 yard line.

They basically remain in that relationship for the next 25 yards until Chinn pushes him out of bounds. One thing I didn't notice before was that Zeke clearly slows down towards the end of the run in anticipation of the hit. I think if he just keeps his head down and moves away from the sideline he probably breaks the tackle and scores. Either way, the run was not long enough for Zeke to reach full speed no matter what people try to tell you. But kudos to Chinn.. great hustle play by him. Like I keep saying, you don't get coast to coast runs without wide receivers blocking.. Notice no wide receivers out there blocking on this play and the DB chases it down.

All this blathering and your point is undermined with actual video, loool. That’s Chinn getting blocked to a dead stop, turning around and still chasing the play down.

Props to Zeke for finally getting in shape and looking much quicker/faster than at anytime in the past few years. That said, you guys can’t leave well enough alone.

There is not a chance Pollard gets ran down and caught on that same play.