Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott (47-yard run) 20.66 mph top speed

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Chinn is just moving in a different gear.

I bet if he had the angle Larry Allen could run Zeke down at this point.
Yeah...Coming from the guy that predicted Chuba Hubbard would have 2 scores and 120 yards. He had no scores and like??? 57 yards?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Can't count how many times we watched #22 get caught from behind. Never bothered me a bit. Glad there wasn't a message board back then. Somebody would've complained after we hung 52 on the Bills or that we didn't shut out the Dolphins.

Yeah people are funny.. NFL DBs are fast as hell.. Always have been.. I will keep repeating until yall hear me.. if the wide receivers don't block downfield every defense in the NFL has at least one 4.3 guy who will chase your RB down. Some defenses have two or three of them. People fantasize about this guy or that guy "always" taking it to the house... aside from a very short list of guys it just doesn't happen. Peterson in his heyday.. OJ, Dorsett.. Herschel.. Bo, of course, Dickerson.. Barry ..though in reality Barry got run down almost as often as Emmitt.. he just took longer.. He might go 70 yards and get run down while Emmitt was usually tracked down by the time he got to 40. I forget what year it was but I vaguely remember there were back to back weeks when Barry had 90+ yard runs and didn't score on either of them.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Yeah people are funny.. NFL DBs are fast as hell.. Always have been.. I will keep repeating until yall hear me.. if the wide receivers don't block downfield every defense in the NFL has at least one 4.3 guy who will chase your RB down. Some defenses have two or three of them. People fantasize about this guy or that guy "always" taking it to the house... aside from a very short list of guys it just doesn't happen. Peterson in his heyday.. OJ, Dorsett.. Herschel.. Bo, of course, Dickerson.. Barry ..though in reality Barry got run down almost as often as Emmitt.. he just took longer.. He might go 70 yards and get run down while Emmitt was usually tracked down by the time he got to 40. I forget what year it was but I vaguely remember there were back to back weeks when Barry had 90+ yard runs and didn't score on either of them.

Not only are DBs fast, but unless a RB bursts through middie without getting touched, the DB usually hits top speed faster than the RB, who's behind blockers, cutting back, etc. Then the DB gets an angle and is able to make a play. The safety had the angle on Zeke long before Zeke hit 20mph, which is WAY fast.

Somebody complained that they thought Zeke 'slowed down' to avoid a more violent collusion. I want to see that guy get rolling 20mph (in a car, cuz he ain't doing it with his legs) and just dive into the ground WITHOUT another 200# man, also going 20mph, slamming into him.

I know it's an NBA tag, but these guys are good.

P.S. I did see Antonio Brown say 'no thanks' to stepping in front of a 300# dude last night. Probably a good decision, though you'd think he'd chip him a little. It wasn't a blind side block, but maybe AB thought it was. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.....lol.

Thomas82

Reaction score

It was the 1994 season when Barry got ran down on 85 and 84-yard runs.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
They both were close to breaking one, several times yesterday. I commented in the game day thread. Either Zeke or Tony may break one soon, maybe both.
Bother were running well, and this is a great thing.
If it is a great thing then why it seems like some so called fans seems upset?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If this is true then safety Jeremy Chinn must be an Olympic level sprinter.
I dont believe the 20 mph thing, I saw another game where a young rookie speedster ran a missed fg back for a td and he was clocked at 19 mph.
So now they say elliot is faster than rookie speedsters??

I wonder about how accurate these mph things are what are they doing hitting them with radar beams, lasers and some hand held computer tells them the speed?
I dont think it is very accurate.

That said, ewok is faster this year than the last 2, but he isnt as fast as he was in his rookie year.
And basically he went through a hole, and nobody was there, so yeah he went on a long run. About time he did a long run.
It is obvious E got in better shape this past offseason, so yes he is a better rb now.
I think pollard in that same situation takes it for td, at 25 mph !

JBond

Reaction score

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I thought a was overweight and slow? Hasn't he lost his burst? Go Cowboys

JBond

Reaction score
This is you happy?o_O
I am very pleased Zeke got back into shape and is playing well. Calling out other posters for being disappointed with a player what was clearly declining is silly.

Again, very happy Zeke is doing all the right things and had a couple really good games. He is crazy athletic and I am excited he has re-dedicated himself to being an excellent pro.

Scotman

Reaction score
Emmitt was faster than people remember his first few years in the league.
I remember reading a quote from his mom once. Some reporter asked her about her son's supposedly slow speed. She said something to the effect that she had been watching him since peewee football and didn't see him getting caught from behind. LOL

I think he ran something like a 4.52 at his pro day. Plenty fast. I think because he wasn't that big, people thought he should be the fastest guy on the field.

I'm a huge Emmitt Smith fan. One thing I feel like EVERY back should try and emulate that he did was avoiding solid blows. Emmitt was always sliding off the tackles...glancing hits. He had a genuine knack for not getting blown up on every play. I think it's a big part of the reason he lasted so long.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember reading a quote from his mom once. Some reporter asked her about her son's supposedly slow speed. She said something to the effect that she had been watching him since peewee football and didn't see him getting caught from behind. LOL

I think he ran something like a 4.52 at his pro day. Plenty fast. I think because he wasn't that big, people thought he should be the fastest guy on the field.

I'm a huge Emmitt Smith fan. One thing I feel like EVERY back should try and emulate that he did was avoiding solid blows. Emmitt was always sliding off the tackles...glancing hits. He had a genuine knack for not getting blown up on every play. I think it's a big part of the reason he lasted so long.

He had an innate ability to break tackles.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I dont believe the 20 mph thing, I saw another game where a young rookie speedster ran a missed fg back for a td and he was clocked at 19 mph.
So now they say elliot is faster than rookie speedsters??

I wonder about how accurate these mph things are what are they doing hitting them with radar beams, lasers and some hand held computer tells them the speed?
I dont think it is very accurate.

That said, ewok is faster this year than the last 2, but he isnt as fast as he was in his rookie year.
And basically he went through a hole, and nobody was there, so yeah he went on a long run. About time he did a long run.
It is obvious E got in better shape this past offseason, so yes he is a better rb now.
I think pollard in that same situation takes it for td, at 25 mph !

You, at home, can measure how fast a runner covers a distance (5,10,15 yards or whatever) and calculate the speed yourself if you think it's wrong. Just pick the point where you think the runner has reached his top speed. That'll be enough to get very close.

With the tech they have, they're accurate to the 100th of a second.