Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott (47-yard run) 20.66 mph top speed

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It was the 1994 season when Barry got ran down on 85 and 84-yard runs.

Thanks.. I was fuzzy on the specifics but I knew he had a couple of huge runs where he got chased down that year. And Barry was hella fast and waaaay faster than Emmitt.. but as I keep repeating though people don't wanna hear it.. NFL DBs are fast as hell.. If you don't block them they WILL catch pretty much any running back who ever lived. Sure guys break tackles and take it to the house at times but just outsprinting DBs to the house is EXTREMELY rare.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Thanks.. I was fuzzy on the specifics but I knew he had a couple of huge runs where he got chased down that year. And Barry was hella fast and waaaay faster than Emmitt.. but as I keep repeating though people don't wanna hear it.. NFL DBs are fast as hell.. If you don't block them they WILL catch pretty much any running back who ever lived. Sure guys break tackles and take it to the house at times but just outsprinting DBs to the house is EXTREMELY rare.

All facts!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You, at home, can measure how fast a runner covers a distance (5,10,15 yards or whatever) and calculate the speed yourself if you think it's wrong. Just pick the point where you think the runner has reached his top speed. That'll be enough to get very close.

With the tech they have, they're accurate to the 100th of a second.
I dont buy it, if that is true, ewok is the fastest player in the league?
how fast does tyrek run?
I thought humans topped out at 22mph

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I dont buy it, if that is true, ewok is the fastest player in the league?
how fast does tyrek run?
I thought humans topped out at 22mph

Dude if I'm not mistaken Bob Hayes was clocked at like 28 mph at his peak during his world record run. I don't know if the top guys have run faster since then but I vividly remember reading the Guinness Book or World Records as a kid and being amazed that a human being could run that fast!!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
OT, but my least favorite introduction of a stat are these "x over expected" or "catch probability".

Catch probability seems so ridiculous.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FWIW this would have equaled the 4th fastest play of anyone in the 2021 NFL playoffs.

Player Team Top speed (mph) Play event
Mecole Hardman Chiefs 21.52 50-yard rush
Tyreek Hill Chiefs 20.76 71-yard reception
Andre Roberts Bills 20.76 26-yard kickoff return
Deonte Harris Saints 20.66 54-yard punt return
Lamar Jackson Ravens 20.64 33-yard rush
Scotty Miller Buccaneers 20.64 39-yard receiving TD
Mecole Hardman Chiefs 20.54 42-yard reception
Lamar Jackson Ravens 20.52 48-yard rushing TD
Darious Williams Rams 20.41 42-yard interception return TD
Taron Johnson Bills 20.39 101-yard interception return TD

Maybe this is semantics but DK clocked 22.64 on the play where he chased down Budda Baker. Seahawks made the playoffs.

lockster

Reaction score
Cant be. I heard here he was done and doesnt have that speed anymore.
He doesn't, the wind was pushing him. Bobby Hayes ran 27 m.p.h. put that into perspective. 20 mph is not fast for a professional athlete. You seen how easily he got run down.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
pretty impressive that he can run that fast with that massive pumpkin head. good job.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Maybe this is semantics but DK clocked 22.64 on the play where he chased down Budda Baker. Seahawks made the playoffs.
This was IN the playoffs. Not all plays made by anyone who later made the playoffs.
It was just adding context to the speed which was actually quite fast.

I'm sure Tyreek Hill has 20 single play speeds above anything Zeke could produce. But the thought Zeke is now an aging husk would be very incorrect.
He is dragging DTs 3 yards on one play and then hitting 20MPH on other plays.

RaZon

Reaction score
Zeke is not a speed running back, even as a rookie. Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Raheem Mostert are speed RB's.

While in HS Zeke ran a 10.95 100m, compare that to the 10.4 Reggie Bush ran, the 10.4 Napolean Kaufman ran.

Zeke cannot out run cornerbacks, while guys like Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker could.

Yes the Cowboys do have the fastest football player in history in Bullet Bob Hayes, his 10.06 world record is the fastest time ever ran by any NFLer. Now before somebody, what about the 10.00 by Trindon Holliday, that wasn't ran on dirt, yep, huge difference.

Curtis Dickey a 10.10 cat out of Texas A&M was world ranked, played for the Colts he is still the fastest NFL RB ever.

World Champion Christian Coleman who run a 9.77 and a 4.12 the fastest football player in history, but....just HS football.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke is not a speed running back, even as a rookie. Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Raheem Mostert are speed RB's.

While in HS Zeke ran a 10.95 100m, compare that to the 10.4 Reggie Bush ran, the 10.4 Napolean Kaufman ran.

Zeke cannot out run cornerbacks, while guys like Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker could.

Yes the Cowboys do have the fastest football player in history in Bullet Bob Hayes, his 10.06 world record is the fastest time ever ran by any NFLer. Now before somebody, what about the 10.00 by Trindon Holliday, that wasn't ran on dirt, yep, huge difference.

Curtis Dickey a 10.10 cat out of Texas A&M was world ranked, played for the Colts he is still the fastest NFL RB ever.

World Champion Christian Coleman who run a 9.77 and a 4.12 the fastest football player in history, but....just HS football.

Had he ever made an active roster Jeff Demps would have replaced Bullet as the fastest player in NFL history.. alas he never got off anybody's practice squad. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that anybody was ever going to outrun Bob Hayes head to head. He was just one of those guys who always had enough of a gear to outrun whoever he was up against. 10.06 on that cinder track boggles the mind. I ran on that surface in college.. and was never able to break 11.5 on it. Both Harvard and Yale had that crap! I later ran 10.58 on the "real' track surface. That tells me Bullet had at least another half second of speed in him on modern tracks... If Hayes had been born about 10 years later people might still be chasing his records..

RaZon

Reaction score
Had he ever made an active roster Jeff Demps would have replaced Bullet as the fastest player in NFL history.. alas he never got off anybody's practice squad. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that anybody was ever going to outrun Bob Hayes head to head. He was just one of those guys who always had enough of a gear to outrun whoever he was up against. 10.06 on that cinder track boggles the mind. I ran on that surface in college.. and was never able to break 11.5 on it. Both Harvard and Yale had that crap! I later ran 10.58 on the "real' track surface. That tells me Bullet had at least another half second of speed in him on modern tracks... If Hayes had been born about 10 years later people might still be chasing his records..

Actually Trindon Holliday is the fastest NFLer time wise with his 10.00, Demps was a 10.01, Raider Jacoby Ford also ran a 10.01. But.....a 10.06 on dirt is superior to a 10.00 on modern tracks.

The fastest college football ever time wise was a Tennessee WR named Leonard Scott, he had a 9.91 PR.

Christian Coleman a 9.77 cat the fastest human to ever play football. just HS.

Bob Hayes was only 22 when he won that Tokyo 100m, even back then he is running 9.85 in 68 at Mexico City, On these tracks today, 9.7's.

RaZon

Reaction score
Yeah, the whole 'Zeke is slower' take is silly. He wasn't just a football player at OSU, he was a track star as well. I love Tony - I had Memphis Tiger season tickets for almost 25 years. Not that it matters, but he didn't even start at RB for Memphis. He's fast....just like Zeke is.

He didn't run track at Ohio State.