Ezekiel Elliott - An Overlooked Statistic...

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No complaints if we draft him. I just hope he's the type of back that knows how to avoid big hits to keep himself healthy for years. Like a Lesean McCoy this year being the exception.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
All those pining over Zeke better never have been those who hammered Jerry on liking shiny objects at the detriment to the Cowboys.

I don't think Zeke is "flash". Just a really good running back. The debate is the value of that. He's not a one year wonder. He's not a physical freak. He is a guy with the performance on the field to make him appear to be one of the safer picks in the draft. I really don't see that as going for the flash...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Here's another one: he's 20 years old and will turn 21 before the season starts. In comparison to the other top prospects (age shown is age at season start):

Henry - 22
Booker - 24
Dixon - 22
Procise - 22
Perkins - 21
Williams - 22

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke is "flash". Just a really good running back. The debate is the value of that. He's not a one year wonder. He's not a physical freak. He is a guy with the performance on the field to make him appear to be one of the safer picks in the draft. I really don't see that as going for the flash...

Going after a rb at 4 is flash.

A guy who will score. Sell jerseys day 1. Be a fantasy football favorite is flash.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Going after a rb at 4 is flash.

A guy who will score. Sell jerseys day 1. Be a fantasy football favorite is flash.

In the last 20 years, the Cowboys have used about 2/3 of their first round picks on defense and when they did go offense, it has not been on flash players except twice - Dez and Felix. I think Jerry gets a bogus rap on the flash players thing.

We draft defensive players 2 to 1 over offensive players in the first round yet we've seldom had top defenses.

I'm ready for another top offensive skill player myself instead of settling for later round ones with lower ceilings. Since QB is pretty much off the table at 4 give me Zeke.

Hardline

Reaction score
All those pining over Zeke better never have been those who hammered Jerry on liking shiny objects at the detriment to the Cowboys.

Actually we Zeke supporters think the total opposite. We just see an elite superstar running back and know he is basically ours for the taking. You can either belive us now or you will believe us later.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's not just flash. Going for a RB at 4 and paying 26 plus mil guaranteed is lunacy.

Unless you trade down you have to pay someone that money. I'd rather spend it on the top rb that I'm confident in than reach for a player lower on my board who I feel could be a bust. Pick according to your board, and forget all the other bs.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I think if we were really interested in a stud RB, we would have at least had a conversation with Lamar miller when he was a free agent. 24 years old, and would have been a huge upgrade behind our line. But we never did. And this was before the Rams or Cleveland moved up for qb too. Zeke is a pipe dream. It will be all defense outside of a backup qb and later round RB this draft.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think if we were really interested in a stud RB, we would have at least had a conversation with Lamar miller when he was a free agent. 24 years old, and would have been a huge upgrade behind our line. But we never did. And this was before the Rams or Cleveland moved up for qb too. Zeke is a pipe dream. It will be all defense outside of a backup qb and later round RB this draft.

Who says we didn't talk to miller? Several reports say we did.