Ezekiel Elliott - An Overlooked Statistic...

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The number of people who bought the OP sight unseen is a great gauge for confirmation bias. The wishful thinking hype train in this thread is nauseating. Zeke now runs on water and is flawless.

Prima facia I knew it was nonsense because the talking heads would not have missed something that obvious but he had 2 fumbles last year and two the year before that.

So the first post is wrong, but 4 fumbles in two seasons is not bad

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trent admits he got fat and lazy.
Ezekiel isn't fat nor lazy.

"Got" being the key word in your phrase.

I'm making no claims other than how closely their stats resemble one another's.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So the first post is wrong, but 4 fumbles in two seasons is not bad

I never said it was. He is a good player whose best quality is his quickness. I like him like I liked Gordon last year and I liked Gordon a lot.

What I am talking about is the wishful thinking and confirmation bias going on.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm telling you right now if we don't draft Elliot we're going to see him go shortly after and we'll regret it for a long time.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
vfvBS_medium.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'm telling you right now if we don't draft Elliot we're going to see him go shortly after and we'll regret it for a long time.

Perhaps rue for a short time. There will be more talented RBs in the 2017 draft. Barring injury, there should be at least FOUR backs chosen in the first alone.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Why? Who else besides the QB touches the ball 25+ times a game? Oh yeah, the RB.

First off Zeke isn't going to touch the ball 25 times a game go look at McFadden's average touches a game or Murry's. Next its ridiculous to pay a guy 22 mil in guaranteed money at RB when you can get a guy like McFadden for 400,000 guaranteed. Zeke will not go at 4. It's not going to happen.

Techsass

Reaction score
Taking a RB @ #4 goes against everything the Jones' have been preaching since they let Murray go. On the radio today Jerry turned right around and gave his own version of the "except when he's such an impact player" argument that we're reading here when asked about Zeke. He swears they are very much in the RB market.

Maybe it's just stoking the trade flames, or an inside joke amongst the war room boys - he does have a sense of humor. Or maybe he meant exactly what he said.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
First off Zeke isn't going to touch the ball 25 times a game go look at McFadden's average touches a game or Murry's. Next its ridiculous to pay a guy 22 mil in guaranteed money at RB when you can get a guy like McFadden for 400,000 guaranteed. Zeke will not go at 4. It's not going to happen.

Your right. Enjoy your 3-13 seasons. Maybe next year when we draft in the top 5 again we could add another d-lineman. How many playoff games has JJ Watt gotten Houston in?

Romotil45

Reaction score
Your right. Enjoy your 3-13 seasons. Maybe next year when we draft in the top 5 again we could add another d-lineman. How many playoff games has JJ Watt gotten Houston in?

I love Zeke as a player, I would love to have him on the team if we were at 10 and he was BPA that's with me but taking him at 4 is a major reach and nonsense IMO. I don't have a pet cat in this draft I do think the pass rush needs to improve and taking your best pass rush threat at 4 if you can't trade back is a responsible pick. If that's Bosa fine if the pick is Ramsey fine.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I love Zeke as a player, I would love to have him on the team if we were at 10 and he was BPA that's with me but taking him at 4 is a major reach and nonsense IMO. I don't have a pet cat in this draft I do think the pass rush needs to improve and taking your best pass rush threat at 4 if you can't trade back is a responsible pick. If that's Bosa fine if the pick is Ramsey fine.

Why is taking him at 4 too early if he is ranked on our board in the top 4. Why does everyone assume he isn't ranked high and like there is this fantasy draft slot area between pick 7-15 that he needs to be drafted. If he is the highest ranked on your board and he is there at 4 you take him.