Ezekiel Elliott Appreciation Thread **merged**

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I agree, on that point I have no problem. That's you position, and while I disagree I respect it. But you attacking any poster that compares Ramsey to Zeke is getting a little ridiculous, especially when you really reach for arguments like he's leading solely because of his carry numbers. Zeke has averaged over five yards a carry the last two games, which is insanely hard to do at this carry level.

Look at @erod's original post. It invited scrutiny. You're not going to try and tout Zeke and call others silly for not wanting him and not expect a response. In this case the argument that Zeke is leading the league in rushing after 4 weeks and in his first year somehow justifies the pick is ridiculous. Ridiculous. Especially when we all think Zeke would do great in this offense behind this line.

The argument is...and always will be opportunity cost and longevity.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Look at @erod's original post. It invited scrutiny. You're not going to try and tout Zeke and call others silly for not wanting him and not expect a response. In this case the argument that Zeke is leading the league in rushing after 4 weeks and in his first year somehow justifies the pick is ridiculous. Ridiculous. Especially when we all think Zeke would do great in this offense behind this line.

Dude, no one wants to hear your anti-Zeke drivel. Isn't there a thread somewhere in the NFL Zone where you can express your undying love for Jalen Ramsey?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Yeah. Ramsey looked great getting torched by Dorsett today. There was no defender that was there at 4 that was going to help this team get Romo a ring more than elliott. As proved by the stats on every player in the top 10 up to this point.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

Yeah, Zeke leading the league in rushing isn't indicative of draft value at all...

What criteria would you use? Rhetorical question, because Zeke could win OROY, lead the league in rushing, and you'd still be upset.

superonyx

Reaction score
Look at @erod's original post.

Well this has always been the way you want the arguement to be because this is how you determine value. The problem with this argument is it's taking player evaluation out of the equation and it's a shallow one dimensional arguement. You say opportunity and lengevity...if you have other players evaluated as solid pro prospects and you have another player as perennial all pro prospect then you give that some weight. Otherwise you will miss out on a perennial all pro for having a guy who may be just good for a longer period of time.

If you have a guy rated as a franchise level player you draft him with few exceptions. Zeke must have been evaluated to be this...and so far they were right.

QT

Reaction score
Dude, no one wants to hear your anti-Zeke drivel. Isn't there a thread somewhere in the NFL Zone where you can express your undying love for Jalen Ramsey?

I gave up with Simba during the pre-draft. I was critical of Ramsey and he wasn't having it. He's a big Ramsey fan.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Well this has always been the way you want the arguement to be because this is how you determine value. The problem with this argument is it's taking player evaluation out of the equation and it's a shallow one dimensional arguement. You say opportunity and lengevity...if you have other players evaluated as solid pro prospects and you have another player as perennial all pro prospect then you give that some weight. Otherwise you will miss out on a perennial all pro for having a guy who may be just good for a longer period of time.

If you have a guy rated as a franchise level player you draft him with few exceptions. Zeke must have been evaluated to be this...and so far they were right.
Put another way, he is all in on this.......he is drawing dead and can't find the grace to admit defeat

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I was definitely worried week one and ready to roll with Morris and sub Elliot in but the team made an excellent choice

KB1122

Reaction score
FTR: I think he's a good player, probably a very good player and clearly a plus to the offense. He had 3 really good 25ish yard runs in the second half. It just that on those runs, I think Tony Dorsett would have been handing the ball to the referee. Zeke is the highest draft pick we've had in 25 years. The expectations should be really, really high. And it worries me somewhat that I haven't seen the home run ability - yet.

robjay04

Reaction score
FTR: I think he's a good player, probably a very good player and clearly a plus to the offense. He had 3 really good 25ish yard runs in the second half. It just that on those runs, I think Tony Dorsett would have been handing the ball to the referee. Zeke is the highest draft pick we've had in 25 years. The expectations should be really, really high. And it worries me somewhat that I haven't seen the home run ability - yet.

Nothing to worry about, it's four games and...

Emmitt Smith is the all time rushing leader and he didn't have home run ability. Zeke does everything you need a running back to do in order to win football games and I don't think there is a correlation between running backs with home run hitting potential and super bowl victories.

superonyx

Reaction score
Tony Dorsett played during an era where LBers were not running 4.4 40's.
Breakaway back's don't exist the way they used to...they all get broken by the size and speed of the defenders. Zeke is plenty fast. But more important he has balance, vision, and power to combine with his speed.

kevm3

Reaction score
"Homeruns" are more for highlight reels than anything. Zeke is contributing to a winning formula, much like Murray was. Randle might have been more of a home-run hitter than Murray, but that didn't matter much when he was getting stuffed several times and losing yards and we'd have 3rd and longs or he couldn't convert on 3rd and short. I'll take a consistent forward marcher over a dancing rb who hits home runs here and there but also loses yards consistently due to dancing or not having enough power.

Gaede

Reaction score

Look at how much better he's running in game 4 vs. game 1. We need to remember that he's a rookie too. He's got to adjust to speed of the game too.

He's putting up multiple 10+ runs a game. He's just getting slowed down by the safeties, it seems. Soon as he really 'gets it' and sets those safeties up a little better, those 15 yards runs will become 40/50 yd runs