Ezekiel Elliott: Evaluators Question If Cowboys RB More Of A 2nd-Tier Guy

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With only 7 runs of 20 plus yards in 2 seasons, YES.

No excuse "he didn't have Dak".

No excuse "Dallas can't make the playoffs unless Zeke rushes for 1,000 plus".

No excuse "he didn't have a good offensive line".

"Elliott rushed for a career-low 979 yards and six touchdowns (tied for his career low) in 2020, posting a long run of just 31 yards.

"Backup Tony Pollard was in many respects the more effective running back last season, especially when it came to big bursts out of the backfield.

He had four carries of 20-plus yards in 2020 last season in 101 carries versus three for Elliott in 244 carries."

https://syndication-bleacherreport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10006862-ezekiel-elliott-rumors-evaluators-question-if-cowboys-rb-more-of-a-2nd-tier-guy.amp.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16253178433147&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com
He had the virus. Give me a break. It affected his season all year. Hopefully he has got all that out of his system.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There is something abnormal going on in this thread. You guys are discussing real facts that point out some limitations in the performance of a Cowboy star. And no one has called you haters or trolls with an agenda. Is there a cloaking device on this thread ?

:laugh:

Good one!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Disagree and I will leave it at that. Nothing else can be said. We will just disagree on this. Neither one of us will be able to convince each other the other way. :laugh:

Feel free to pull up any Pollard highlights on Youtube.com. Do it for 2020 and then 2019. Pollard is breaking tackles all over the place and doing up the middle, bouncing outside, vision, speed, quickness, toughness, catching passes. Every way imaginable.

Pollard does more with less. He has earned the right to get a bigger share. And he is getting it. If you look at the percentage of carries he is getting a higher percentage every year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He had the virus. Give me a break. It affected his season all year. Hopefully he has got all that out of his system.
the virus , a dinged leg, no OL, NO qb threat, no defense, playing from behind most of the game and pass happy OC...

right that the same as what henry had the last two seasons..smh

these were ESMITH avg per year from 96-2004 also add his 3.9 from his rookie year..and that on a HOF team around him in run era

hmm if that zeke he would be hated on for being fat and slow lol washed up and overpaid..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the virus , a dinged leg, no OL, NO qb threat, no defense, playing from behind most of the game and pass happy OC...

these were ESMITH avg per year from 96-2004 also add his 3.9 from his rookie year..and that on a HOF team around him in run era

hmm if that zeke he would be hated on for being fat and slow lol washed up and overpaid..

From 96 on? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Silly

Reaction score
This is the problem with the Cowboys in general. Too many guys are getting paid more than they produce.

For some reason in Dallas, the athletes are paid based on the results of their one breakout season. The front office really has hurt the team with this strategy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Zeke actually had a lower YPC the first 5 games of the year with Dak and the great passing attack was in place. Same time he had his fumbling problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For some reason in Dallas, the athletes are paid based on the results of their one breakout season. The front office really has hurt the team with this strategy.

I would love to see the owners lock the players out until they agreed to sign contracts that paid them according to production.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Emmitt Smith YPC 1990-1995

1990: 3.9 YPC
1991: 4.3 YPC
1992: 4.6 YPC
1993: 5.3 YPC
1994: 4.0 YPC
1995: 4.7 YPC

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeke is getting paid to be elite.
Nothing else is acceptable.
Nothing short of leagues leading rusher is acceptable.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I would love to see the owners lock the players out until they agreed to sign contracts that paid them according to production.
I would love to see the fans "lock out" the owners until they agree to lower the prices for tickets and concessions according to production.

Creeper

Reaction score
Take it even further: look at what the Jaguars running back James Robinson did compared to Zeke:

2020 stats

Zeke 15 Games 244 Carries 979 Yards 4.0 YPC 6 TD's 52 Catches 338 Yards 6.5 YPC 2 TD's 6 Fumbles (5 lost)

Robinson 14 Games 240 Carries 1,070 Yards 4.5 YPC 7 TD's 49 Catches 344 Yards 7.0 YPC 3 TD's 1 Fumble (0 lost)

2021 Salary Cap Hit

Zeke $13.7M ($36.9M dead money remaining)

Robinson $781K

So you have a guy set to make damn near $13M LESS in 2021 who is a better running back than Zeke based stats. Yet another dumb move by Jerry that costs this team salary cap space and progress.

I get the point, although Zeke was cheap once too. It was the new contract that messed it all up. But maybe the real issue id drafting RBs so high in the first place. I just don't think they are that hard to find. Give me 5 good offensive linemen and a 4th round draft pick and I will give you a solid running game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

"Elliott rushed for a career-low 979 yards and six touchdowns (tied for his career low) in 2020, posting a long run of just 31 yards.

"Backup Tony Pollard was in many respects the more effective running back last season, especially when it came to big bursts out of the backfield.

He had four carries of 20-plus yards in 2020 last season in 101 carries versus three for Elliott in 244 carries."

https://syndication-bleacherreport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10006862-ezekiel-elliott-rumors-evaluators-question-if-cowboys-rb-more-of-a-2nd-tier-guy.amp.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16253178433147&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com
Emmitt Smith didn’t have any speed. He turned awright.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
True. Remember Miles Austin? Had one great season. Was paid an astronomical amount the following season. Then never recovered.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
True. Remember Miles Austin? Had one great season. Was paid an astronomical amount the following season. Then never recovered.

Well, if it weren't for that one pesky hamstring injury which kept him out for a couple years worth of games :) I have no idea how many games he missed with a hammy but it seemed like a lot.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

No excuses? There are always reasons something doesn't happen. If you want to call them "excuses" is up to you. The O line being down is a legitimate reason Zeke didn't break the 1000 yard barrier last season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
At lease you finally figured out how historically good they are. :thumbup:

I didn't agree to or figure anything out. I was merely parroting (mocking) the nonsense you stated.

Any rings on his finger?

And in this day and age of the NFL historical passing records mean what, exactly?

He hasn't done anything historical as of yet that I know of, so I'm not sure why his fan club keeps bringing that up. Seems to me you would want to brag about bigger accomplishments rather than personal stat padding that doesn't do anything for the team.