Ezekiel Elliott: "I wasn't brought here to be average"

cowboyz

Reaction score
true dallas got dominated on the line. or more specifically, vernon dominated witten and any other TEs, who looked lost and who to block. collins got dominated by vernon and harrison. he also missed linebackers. hard to see the other side of the line without a better view

waiting for the coaches film to see alfred's runs. but elliott didn't make something out of nothing. which should happen for an elite rb. although i've been against the rb at #4 from the start.

didn't seem like they had many outside runs. lots of off tackle and inside zones. which i would've expected given the giants DTs.

the one good thing, was the short yardage runs. elliott seemed to find the holes for those. i don't think he ever got stopped

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
What were people expecting, the kid to rush for over 200 yards in his the first NFL game?

Yes people around here were expecting him to 1. Keep Romo Healthy 2. Improve the defense
3. Open up the passing Game. 4. Make Garrett into a better coach. 5. Offensive rookie of the year. 6. Cure Cancer 7. End World hunger.

kevm3

Reaction score
elliott is right. a #4 pick spent at the RB position isn't what you expect average from. I'll chalk this game up to rust and playing a tough Giants defense. We saw some of his potential against Seattle, so hopefully that's the Elliott we see going forward.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Zeke it will come. He's not in football shape IMO, that hamstring issue slowed his progress.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Elliot lacked explosiveness yesterday. I'll chalk it up to GarrettTop's play calling and their attempts to run him off tackle it seemed like every time he touched it. Slow developing plays and the line got beat at the point of attack most of the night. Looking for a big improvement this week from the OL & Elliot....

kevm3

Reaction score
Gurley got shut down tonight too. Tough defenses can make offenses look pedestrian. See Peyton Manning in the superbowl against seattle.