Ezekiel Elliott made a key block on Gallup's long catch

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We as fans tend to focus on the ball when it comes to great plays of a game, but there are so many lesser known plays that are just as important, if not more so, when great plays happen.

For example, the long catch that Gallup made toward the end of the game to setup a touchdown was made possible by a block from Ezekiel Elliott helping out Brandon Knight.

As usual, I have no agenda when it comes to players, but I do think it is important for us as fans to recognize that all players, including star players and even suspect players, can and do play more roles on the team than we realize or sometimes recognize.

Elliott may have a great or bad day running, but a key block here and there can be just as important, if not more so in some cases.

robjay04

Reaction score
In 2017 when we played Atlanta and Claiborne or whoever had that ridiculous game...I believe it had more to do with Zeke being suspended than missing Tyron.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We as fans tend to focus on the ball when it comes to great plays of a game, but there are so many lesser known plays that are just as important, if not more so, when great plays happen.

For example, the long catch that Gallup made toward the end of the game to setup a touchdown was made possible by a block from Ezekiel Elliott helping out Brandon Knight.

As usual, I have no agenda when it comes to players, but I do think it is important for us as fans to recognize that all players, including star players and even suspect players, can and do play more roles on the team than we realize or sometimes recognize.

Elliott may have a great or bad day running, but a key block here and there can be just as important, if not more so in some cases.

Smart play to come back for the assist.

Flamma

Reaction score

Had he not recognized that I think Dak gets hit in mid pass. He stood in there against Donald a few times too against the Rams.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great find to point this out. This is why I, as others point out Zeke is still the top RB in the NFL for what he brings on the field every play.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

This kind of stuff is why I come to this board. I didn't notice it in real-time but very cool to see. I meant to give a shout out to @MarcusRock for the Schultz fumble clip. Great job guys and it gives me a better understanding of the game.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Great awareness and recognition, but simple block

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yeah, he probably saved that play, and it wasn't even a block that looked like it would be needed at first. But he recognized what was about to happen and responded in excellent fashion.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he probably saved that play, and it wasn't even a block that looked like it would be needed at first. But he recognized what was about to happen and responded in excellent fashion.
Indeed. The fact he started the play on the other side of the quarterback makes the quick recognition and implementation of his block even more impressive.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Indeed. The fact he started the play on the other side of the quarterback makes the quick recognition and implementation of his block even more impressive.
There was no recognition the pass protection call was made for him to help out the left side. Notice they keep schultz in to block on the opposite side to help block the LDE

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
As a blocker he is awesome. About the best you can ask for. He got blown up by the monster that is AD but who doesn't? Still slowed him down.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was no recognition the pass protection call was made for him to help out the left side. Notice they keep schultz in to block on the opposite side to help block the LDE

Yep...looked like it was designed to help the middle. He saw it and instantly went over to seal off the blind side, which we have been having trouble with. Great play.