Ezekiel Elliott made a key block on Gallup's long catch

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Zeke is the best blocking RB in the league and it’s not close. Both he and Dak have chances at MVP type seasons.

When I said Zeke could be an MVP candidate in the off-season, made laughed at the notion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not crapping on Zeke. He's just asking how the poster knows he's the "best" blocking RB in the league, since there are no metrics by which to measure that.
Because we're fans?

We made a thread to celebrate a very good play...of course it's crapping on it.

Why not just joing along...why take the low road tactic of crapping on a positive thread.

"ooohhh...how do you MEASURE that....you dontl; KNOOOWOOOO!' HOW DARE YOU!"

come on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dude has had an issue with me from day one, which I don’t mind. I kind of like knowing I get under his skin.

LOL...giving yourself way too much credit there. You are an easy mark to yourself...lol.

Can't just say "yes...great play he's a great blocker"...you HAVE to object to the "metrics". THAT'S what you get out of this posting? What a hero.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Smart play to come back for the assist.

LOL...giving yourself way too much credit there. You are an easy mark to yourself...lol.

Can't just say "yes...great play he's a great blocker"...you HAVE to object to the "metrics". THAT'S what you get out of this posting? What a hero.
Say again?

Do you pay attention to the entire thread at all?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because we're fans?

Why not just joing along...why take the low road tactic of crapping on a positive thread.

come on.
Not everyone expresses their fandom the same way. Some people don't just rah rah everything a player does. That's how you end up with overpriced players. Some people find it embarrassing that other fans exaggerate players' accomplishments and skills, because they prefer to live with a more realistic outlook. You turned it into a much bigger deal than it otherwise would have been. You could have just rolled your eyes and gone on to the next post.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Because we're fans?

come on.
So what you are saying is you don’t want Zeke treated like you treat Dak? Interesting. Very interesting.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not everyone expresses their fandom the same way. Some people don't just rah rah everything a player does. That's how you end up with overpriced players. Some people find it embarrassing that other fans exaggerate players' accomplishments and skills, because they prefer to live with a more realistic outlook. You turned it into a much bigger deal than it otherwise would have been. You could have just rolled your eyes and gone on to the next post.

So when we "rah rah players HERE...that means they get "overpriced"? Come on.

You think calling zeke "the best" is THAT "embarrassing"? Wow.....hmmm. Well okay then.

Funny how you admonish ME for my comment but didn't do the same to aviano. He could have easily done the same.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What postings? You don't even know what you are talking about. A big swing and a miss. Nice try...
Lol. Ok, if you want to do this we can. Let’s start here. You essentially claimed I just can’t give Zeke credit. I did give him credit. I quoted myself in a reply to you to show you.

Can you admit you were wrong in that accusation?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Ok, if you want to do this we can. Let’s start here. You essentially claimed I just can’t give Zeke credit. I did give him credit. I quoted myself in a reply to you to show you.

Can you admit you were wrong in that accusation?

You are all over the map.

Okay....gave him credit. There...feel better? Then you went off on a fan. That's what I replied to. I NEVER said you didn't give zeke any credit. But here we are...arguing THAT..instead of you showing me whatever comments about Dak you are talking about.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So when we "rah rah players HERE...that means they get "overpriced"? Come on.

You think calling zeke "the best" is THAT "embarrassing"? Wow.....hmmm. Well okay then.

Funny how you admonish ME for my comment but didn't do the same to aviano. He could have easily done the same.
I'm saying that when people overvalue players, simply for being Cowboys, those players often get paid according to hype, rather than actual effectiveness. (Jaylon springs to mind.) And before you try to twist that into something I didn't say, I'm referring to not just the overhype by fans, but by the FO as well.

And I didn't say I think calling Zeke the best is embarrassing. I said "some people" find it embarrassing that other fans exaggerate......

Finally, I didn't "admonish" you. I simply explained that he wasn't "crapping on Zeke".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could just forget it. Stupid internet communications. Just ain't gonna work here.

Feel free to correct people on best blocking RB in NFL.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm saying that when people overvalue players, simply for being Cowboys, those players often get paid according to hype, rather than actual effectiveness. (Jaylon springs to mind.) And before you try to twist that into something I didn't say, I'm referring to not just the overhype by fans, but by the FO as well.

And I didn't say I think calling Zeke the best is embarrassing. I said "some people" find it embarrassing that other fans exaggerate......

Finally, I didn't "admonish" you. I simply explained that he wasn't "crapping on Zeke".

But you did admonish me. You advised that I should have just rolled eyes and moved on.

But ....Okay...we just see it differently and that's okay. I have a problem with "fan police"...obviously. :oops:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Nice block by Zeke on that play. I thought he got beat on Safety Neal blitzing in the 1st quarter which led to Dak getting his hand hit.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You are all over the map.

Okay....gave him credit. There...feel better? Then you went off on a fan. That's what I replied to. I NEVER said you didn't give zeke any credit. But here we are...arguing THAT..instead of you showing me whatever comments about Dak you are talking about.
Ok, thank you.

Now in one of your responses to RWB you were talking about us being fans and not crapping on a play.

I didn’t crap on the play. Someone made a comment about Zeke being the best blocker “by far” and asked I where they get that from. I explain what I am able to find shows Ingram was rated the best last year. Another poster repsonded to my post talking about not needing metrics and cited a couple good blocks. I responded to that essentially showing where he has also made a mistake and it seems people are just giving Zeke the title of the best because they are pulling it out of their butt. That’s where you came in.

Now that was paraphrasing but I think it sums up what occurred.

Apparently you take issue with that sequence of postings but feel we should just be positive in here because we are fans, but you don’t do the same thing for Dak. You have no problem taking a positive thread and trying to undermine the positivity of something related to Dak. An example of that is Dak’s leadership abilities in which you and I have had several conversations about. Hence my statement of you not liking Zeke being treated like you treat Dak. You don’t just act like a fan and keep things positive with Dak, and I don’t expect you to but seems a little hypocritical to me.

Understand now?