News: Ezekiel Elliott may have a Grade 2 (partially torn) MCL sprain (conflicting reports)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
are-you-sure-about-that-the-rock.gif
I only can put what I read. Maybe it’s not a credible source I don’t know Texas newspapers

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, here's my hunch. They might sit him.

With Bye following, he gets almost 2 1/2 week rest.

Probably Pollard and backup Vs Bears.

..................then maybe not. Just use him for blocking situations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The levels of tear are as follows:

• Grade 1 tear: a small number of fibres are torn resulting in some pain but the joint will function relatively normally.
  • Grade 2 tear: a large number of fibres are torn and the knee joint will lose a lot of functionality.
  • Grade 3 tear: the ACL ligament is completely torn and the knee becomes unstable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The levels of tear are as follows:

• Grade 1 tear: a small number of fibres are torn resulting in some pain but the joint will function relatively normally.
  • Grade 2 tear: a large number of fibres are torn and the knee joint will lose a lot of functionality.
  • Grade 3 tear: the ACL ligament is completely torn and the knee becomes unstable
Thank you.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Either way, we have reached the very predictable point (6-7 games) where he hurts himself to the point where he can play, but isn’t close to 100%.

He will insist on playing and Jerry has his back, and it’ll hurt the team.

Weve all seen this more than once.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well that’s a whole different subject no one said he couldn’t play. He played last year
Whirlwin :
Bad typo on my part.
Recalling what happened to Elliott in the last game + plus him being held out of practice(s) this week..he should be inactive for the game Sunday v. the Bears IMO.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to his MRI report, it is a Grade 2 "sprain" (per McCarthy). If he had any type of tear, an MRI would definitely show it. Now, again, this is according to McCarthy, so who knows if this is the complete MRI report.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to his MRI report, it is a Grade 2 "sprain" (per McCarthy). If he had any type of tear, an MRI would definitely show it. Now, again, this is according to McCarthy, so who knows if this is the complete MRI report.
As someone just posted, a sprain is considered a tear to some point n The Fort Worth paper should’ve made that known