News: Ezekiel Elliott may have a Grade 2 (partially torn) MCL sprain (conflicting reports)

manster4ever

Reaction score
yep. Grade 2 sprain is a far cry from torn MCL. I can breathe again...

Correct....he gets two weeks off (miss 1 game) and then the bye....can hopefully get by Chicago without him but it's best to get him 100%. Dude is tough as nails guys...he insisted on staying in the game after it happened and still performed admirably IMO. Sucks but he can come back fresh and damn effective in 2-3 weeks.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Take a week off Zeke. You've been effective and productive this season. We need him healthy for the playoff run. Who cares about being "soft" be smart.
its absolutely the smart thing to do, give the man a few weeks rest for the greater good or we could do like last season and beat him to death

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
According to his MRI report, it is a Grade 2 "sprain" (per McCarthy). If he had any type of tear, an MRI would definitely show it. Now, again, this is according to McCarthy, so who knows if this is the complete MRI report.

Unfortunately, my extensive internet research (Dr. Google) says a grade 2 sprain means it is partially torn.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You could’ve Kept the heading torn MCL. Because A sprain is a form of tearing. Not to be dramatic. But that’s for each individual to take it as they will. I wasn’t the one that chose to use the word tear.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A sprain is a ligament tear...he'll either miss a few weeks or play with a brace. It might be smart to sit him out this week and give Pollard a chance to start going into the BYE.

No a sprain is not a tear. Ligaments get hyperextended and stretched the wrong way all the time without being torn. A sprain is a level of trauma the the ligament and the surrounding tissue. A sprain CAN include a tear, but not they are not necessarily one in the same.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love how the heading keeps changing. It was OK to leave it the way I did it. But I get it. A little more elegant. Thank you

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Just to reinforce for those who don't know: A tear is a sprain, but a sprain does not necessarily mean it's a tear.

It is not a contradiction to call a tear a sprain.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Rest him the next two weeks. Easy decision. Let’s just hope Moore doesn’t get pass happy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You could’ve Kept the heading torn MCL. Because A sprain is a form of tearing. Not to be dramatic. But that’s for each individual to take it as they will. I wasn’t the one that chose to use the word tear.

Fixed it. I've learned more about the 3 levels of knee sprains in the last 10 minutes than I knew my entire life up until then.

Don't like learning it this way, though.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Play him anyways. I want my money on the field. 12 carrys minimum.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No a sprain is not a tear. Ligaments get hyperextended and stretched the wrong way all the time without being torn. A sprain is a level of trauma the the ligament and the surrounding tissue. A sprain CAN include a tear, but not they are not necessarily one in the same.
Yes it is. It’s just the extent of the tearing . Ask Dr. google

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Nothing on ESPN or official Cowboys site. Only thing I’ve seen is that instead of active practice, he will rehab the knee to get ready for Sunday’s game.
It was reported on espn alittle while ago.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fixed it. I've learned more about the 3 levels of knee sprains in the last 10 minutes than I knew my entire life up until then.

Don't like learning it this way, though.
Thank you my cowboy brother, family. I just wanted to beat , The other guy to it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Per Rotowire... posted 2 hours ago, nothing referring to MCL tear.
Elliott will work to the side with the rehab group and officially be listed as 'DNP' on Wednesday's practice report after he was forced to briefly exit Sunday's win over the Lions with a right knee injury. His activity level in Thursday and Friday will need to be monitored, as that could be the largest determining factor in Elliot's status for the Cowboys' matchup against the Bears in Week 8. Tony Pollard would stand to handle a larger workload if Elliott ends up limited or has to miss some time.