News: Ezekiel Elliott may have a Grade 2 (partially torn) MCL sprain (conflicting reports)

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No a sprain is not a tear. Ligaments get hyperextended and stretched the wrong way all the time without being torn. A sprain is a level of trauma the the ligament and the surrounding tissue. A sprain CAN include a tear, but not they are not necessarily one in the same.
No, it literally tears. Ligaments don't stretch. It depends on the degree of sprain, but there are microtears in the connective tissue; and the amount of laxity, pain and imaging determines the grade of sprain.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No they did not ,they used the word torn. Go look at it
I already did. I posted a thread as soon as I heard Big Mac say Zeke was not practicing today due to a sprained knee.

You may have been reading something from 2021 when Zeke played with a partially torn PCL.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Please don’t air it out Moore. If he calls a unbalanced game then Dak haters will love it. They will play 7 defenders. Lol.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where did you get this news???
Thank you for your service by the way. In the military overseas back in the 60s all you could get was the Cowboys. Piped in on Sunday. How could I not love the star, And what it represented Roger Staubach. Been a cowboy fan since I still believe in Mr. cowboy, Bob Lilly, Jason Witten, it’s all about the camaraderie in the locker room. The game starts before the game starts

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Per Rotowire... posted 2 hours ago, nothing referring to MCL tear.
Elliott will work to the side with the rehab group and officially be listed as 'DNP' on Wednesday's practice report after he was forced to briefly exit Sunday's win over the Lions with a right knee injury. His activity level in Thursday and Friday will need to be monitored, as that could be the largest determining factor in Elliot's status for the Cowboys' matchup against the Bears in Week 8. Tony Pollard would stand to handle a larger workload if Elliott ends up limited or has to miss some time.

A Grade 2 sprain involves partial tearing, by definition. Grade 1 does not, while Grade 3 is a complete tear.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I already did. I posted a thread as soon as I heard Big Mac say Zeke was not practicing today due to a sprained knee.

You may have been reading something from 2021 when Zeke played with a partially torn PCL.
Actually no it was up to date to the minute news.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Either way, we have reached the very predictable point (6-7 games) where he hurts himself to the point where he can play, but isn’t close to 100%.

He will insist on playing and Jerry has his back, and it’ll hurt the team.

Weve all seen this more than once.
Yes Dr Jones will say he is fit to play.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Correct....he gets two weeks off (miss 1 game) and then the bye....can hopefully get by Chicago without him but it's best to get him 100%. Dude is tough as nails guys...he insisted on staying in the game after it happened and still performed admirably IMO. Sucks but he can come back fresh and damn effective in 2-3 weeks.
Totally agree. Probably not the worst thing for him to get a couple of weeks off mid-season. I think this team can get by "Da Bears" without him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes it is. It’s just the extent of the tearing . Ask Dr. google

Sorry bud but a ligament can absolutely be sprained without being torn. As one who has sprained his ankles about a million times I can attest to it. I have also sprained my knee a few times as well as having partially torn an MCL once and PCL once. I know the difference and have talked doctors and PTs about the injuries and what they each entail. Obviously none of us knows the extent of Zeke's injury except him, the team and the doctors, and to be honest I don't expect them to give anybody the straight poop on it at any point in time anyway.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry bud but a ligament can absolutely be sprained without being torn. As one who has sprained his ankles about a million times I can attest to it. I have also sprained my knee a few times as well as having partially torn an MCL once and PCL once. I know the difference and have talked doctors and PTs about the injuries and what they each entail. Obviously none of us knows the extent of Zeke's injury except him, the team and the doctors, and to be honest I don't expect them to give anybody the straight poop on it at any point in time anyway.
Yes stage one, but he is stage two . I’m not trying to be dramatic here I can only report what I read. I’m not the one that created the word torn. The article did

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Let me settle this for all of you that want it settled...
Grade 2: A grade 2 MCL tear is a moderate tear in which your MCL is partially torn — usually the superficial part of your MCL. Your knee will likely be loose when it's moved by hand, and you'll probably have intense pain and tenderness along the inner side of your knee.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/heal...xt=Grade 2: A grade 2,inner side of your knee.
If Elliott plays with this and rushes for another 1K season...STHU! and enjoy a football warrior.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually thought he got hit above the knee but his leg twisted

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the-office.gif

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hes a beast but everything revolves around the big uglies and has for years
I believe the short Passing game revolves around him. He’s like a fullback and pass protection . Tony Pollard can’t do it. I don’t know why people want him to replace Elliot. We need both of them