Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott narrows his team options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
I could see the Broncos maybe showing interest. his landing spot will be dependent on the draft obviously at this point so we’ll see when things pick back up after the draft.

Big_D

Reaction score
As soon as they get the green light from the league Zeke will be signed.

It must be driving them nuts to have to wait like this.

I don’t care when he gets signed. Just pointing out the fact that the league doesn’t seem interested until after they see how their RB rooms change in a few weeks. Every free agent on the market today is sitting in that same boat. 99% anyway. Maybe you’ll see a straggler signing here and there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You taught me, bro. Teams would have been all over that mega takent Zeke but they had to honor the FA lull.

Keep educating me on the game.
SO now you insult Big D too? Wow you got nerve.
Yes....fa slows down right before the draft. Has nothing to do with zeke.
Wanna bet accounts he plays again in the nfl?
Come on tough guy. Do it.

Still mad about lack of likes?....jeeze dude. Not that big a deal. You'll live.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get your point, but at year 8 Emmitt still produced 5 straight seasons of 1000 or more yards. Elliott can no longer produce at the same or near same level he once was.
A 1000 yard season is no real big feat any longer with the number of games they play.

817Gill

Reaction score
I don’t care when he gets signed. Just pointing out the fact that the league doesn’t seem interested until after they see how their RB rooms change in a few weeks. Every free agent on the market today is sitting in that same boat. 99% anyway. Maybe you’ll see a straggler signing here and there.
He’s acting obtuse at this point. It’s not hard to understand that there’s a contingency of vets at certain positions that get picked up post draft once teams see their draft haul. There are multiple productive vets out there right now that won’t get picked up until after the draft.

FA is pretty similar annually. Tampering period opens and the biggest guys get deals. Week 1-2 the remaining highly touted guys get signed along with hole fillers. After about the 3rd week, there’s a lull until after the draft when folks have a concrete idea of what holes they have left and who they have going to camp.

Not hard to understand lol, vet running back post draft makes much more sense than signing a stop gap guy before knowing what RB falls to you.

I think his point is that if Zeke is so good, he wouldn’t be a part of this post draft FA pool. I just don’t think anyone is arguing he’s that good lol, we’re simply saying he will play again. So not sure why he keeps acting like people believe he’s a top back still.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 1000 yard season is no real big feat any longer with the number of games they play.
I think it is. With qbs getting 4 and 5 thousand yards.....teams may not be running as much. How many rbs are consistently getting 25 carries a game these days?
I think 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons.....might still be relevent.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s acting obtuse at this point. It’s not hard to understand that there’s a contingency of vets at certain positions that get picked up post draft once teams see their draft haul. There are multiple productive vets out there right now that won’t get picked up until after the draft.

FA is pretty similar annually. Tampering period opens and the biggest guys get deals. Week 1-2 the remaining highly touted guys get signed along with hole fillers. After about the 3rd week, there’s a lull until after the draft when folks have a concrete idea of what holes they have left and who they have going to camp.

Not hard to understand lol, vet running back post draft makes much more sense than signing a stop gap guy before knowing what RB falls to you.

I think his point is that if Zeke is so good, he wouldn’t be a part of this post draft FA pool. I just don’t think anyone is arguing he’s that good lol, we’re simply saying he will play again. So not sure why he keeps acting like people believe he’s a top back still.
You hit it spot on. Risen is trying to argue the current talent of zeke....instead of the way nfl teams make ready for the draft and then complete the roster.
Doing a poor, desperate job of it. Teams clearly passed on zeke as elite level must have. I never said he was.

I do think hes still good enough to contribute to a team once their dust settles.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think it is. With qbs getting 4 and t thousand yards.....teams may not be running as much. How many rbs are consistently getting 25 carries a game these days?
I think 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons.....might still be relevent.
They will always be relevant. No matter how much we try to devalue it, 100 yard games and 1,000 yard seasons are HOF resume builders and dictate all-pro teams. Those are still benchmark statistical numbers.

Yes, you can go player by player and dive into the context to see if the 100/1,000 were hollow or should be taken with a grain of salt, but at face value they’ll always be a thing.

Plus, with how pass happy the league is, why wouldn’t WR 1,000 seasons be devalued? We’re so focused on devaluing the RB 1k season and it makes no sense. Both are still flashing red numbers that get you paid or get you accolades.

817Gill

Reaction score
You hit it spot on. Risen is trying to argue the current talent of zeke....instead of the way nfl teams make ready for the draft and then complete the roster.
Doing a poor, desperate job of it. Teams clearly passed on zeke as elite level must have. I never said he was.

I do think hes still good enough to contribute to a tream once their dust settles.
Thing is, that could have been agreed upon so much earlier in the interaction if sarcasm and satire weren’t the go-to communication tools.

Could’ve simply explain and y’all would’ve been like “oh yeah I don’t think he’s elite anymore, I just think he’s in the pool of guys who’ll get picked up post draft and can contribute to a team.”

Forums lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SO now you insult Big D too? Wow you got nerve.
Yes....fa slows down right before the draft. Has nothing to do with zeke.
Wanna bet accounts he plays again in the nfl?
Come on tough guy. Do it.

Still mad about lack of likes?....jeeze dude. Not that big a deal. You'll live.
Who said he wouldn't play again in the NFL?

I said it speaks volumes he's still available. You said it didn't because there's some nonsensical fantasy lull in free agency every team must honor.

See, Steve, if he had any talent he'd have been gobbled up by now.

I'm sure he'll play somewhere. Under a contract that recognizes that he's now just a roster filler.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great point.

.....if we all pretend many RBs haven't already been signed in free agency.

You actually may be better off using Steve's made up league enforced free agency lull theory.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said he wouldn't play again in the NFL?

I said it speaks volumes he's still available. You said it didn't because there's some nonsensical fantasy lull in free agency every team must honor.

See, Steve, if he had any talent he'd have been gobbled up by now.

I'm sure he'll play somewhere. Under a contract that recognizes that he's now just a roster filler.
It's really all I have ever said. Plus with the draft eminent....there's no reason to rush to sign him now.

You got hung up on this "lull" thing. But of course there is one. There's no urgency now. We will see.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great point.

You actually may be better off using Steve's made up league enforced free agency lull theory.
Never said it was "league enforced". You went out of your mind about it..made up some BS and believed it.

Go back and look....I never said the league made it happen by force. Check the definition I showed you.

Big_D

Reaction score
Great point.

LOL I don't even know what you're arguing? He sucks, never to be seen from again? It was time to move on and how things unfold at this point forward really doesn't mean a whole lot. You're the one measuring him to the rest of the RB field. He's still out there and he's not signed because teams are choosing to wait when the draft is 3 weeks away. He'll be in some teams camp. who and when is obviously of great importance to you!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Okay....you did.

Not by truth but lies.

:lmao: back at ya.
Sure. All lies. That’s why this story exists when he was motivated in the offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-is-shredded-quicker-and-has-a-lot-to-prove/

Now compared to his rookie year:

https://sportsnaut.com/report-ezekiel-elliott-reported-camp-overweight/

Don’t worry. I don’t expect a Zeke lover to be objective. You have been trying to dismiss facts his entire career with lame excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.