Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I'll do whatever it takes to help this team

kskboys

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I’ll do whatever it takes to help this team
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

The Cowboys used the fourth overall pick on Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, a year after trying something of a running back by committee with Darren McFadden and Joseph Randle. McFadden served as the bridge between DeMarco Murray and Elliott, rushing for 1,089 yards in 2015.

Now, Elliott is that guy after spending most of his previous time in Dallas as THE guy.

He will share carries with Rico Dowdle, Royce Freeman and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...is-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Well then get in extreme shape and cut that hideous hair off.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if he will do anything to help the team, why not tell jerry to make dowdle the starter, and he will be the bkup???
He has too big a ego to do that, and what he said was all fluff.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well then get in extreme shape and cut that hideous hair off.
get in extreme shape.......too much work he likes to party!
cut that hideous hair off...........jerry likes the hair !
does he still have those booger nose rings ?? ugh

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I want to say this , any decent RB can be good if he has a good run blocking line , and if run plays are called at the right
times.
Even a good RB will struggle if the OL cant block good for him, bad schemes etc , and if play calling is not done right. Also play design.
Make it look like a sure passing play and run it, stuff like that helps alot.

kskboys

Reaction score
get in extreme shape.......too much work he likes to party!
cut that hideous hair off...........jerry likes the hair !
does he still have those booger nose rings ?? ugh
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Gives him a pig nose.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

The Cowboys used the fourth overall pick on Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, a year after trying something of a running back by committee with Darren McFadden and Joseph Randle. McFadden served as the bridge between DeMarco Murray and Elliott, rushing for 1,089 yards in 2015.

Now, Elliott is that guy after spending most of his previous time in Dallas as THE guy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...is-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Of course, he'll do anything asked of him.

That's a far cry when he had leverage and cooled his heels in Mexico for millions we could not afford.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With great blocking, Zeke can have a regenerative season. I'm looking forward to the game in Pittsburgh where he returns to the scene of one of his greatest game ending runs in his career. :popcorn:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

when we were dependend on him he sounded much diffrent from cabo.

Now when nobody wants him anymore he tries to let everybody think he is a team guy first.

Well whoever believes your crap Zeke.

kskboys

Reaction score
With great blocking, Zeke can have a regenerative season. I'm looking forward to the game in Pittsburgh where he returns to the scene of one of his greatest game ending runs in his career. :popcorn:

W/ great blocking Carrot Top could have a great season. Any RB can make yards that are blocked for them. Why pay a RB if that's what you're depending on?

Loso86

Reaction score
The only one who spreads hate is you with that comment.

Haters always try to twist things around to distract from their own bad Habits.
That's probably the stupidest comment I've seen in a while lol but sure!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This statement is why I will always be a Zeke guy. Team first guy. Even when we all know he should have been Rookie of the Year in 2016 AND offensive player of the year in the NFC. Never said a word as his guy got all the love.

My type of locker room guy. Welcome back, Zeke.
Zeke is a good team guy but lets not forget, his holdout would not be considered a "Team" thing to do..not saying he shouldn't have done it just saying that was not "For the team" at all...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Zeke is a good team guy but lets not forget, his holdout would not be considered a "Team" thing to do..not saying he shouldn't have done it just saying that was not "For the team" at all...
Maybe he is back to teach CD and Micah a thing or two.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Cowboys forced Zeke's hand with that holdout thing. They were loading up his workload but doing so on a rookie paycheck. They should have stepped up and extended his contract way before it came to the point where he held out. As it was Zeke and his agent could clearly see the Cowboys had Zeke on the DeMarco Murray plan.. Run him into the ground and cut him loose before paying him his worth, citing declining production as their reasoning. Loyalty is a two way street. Zeke was out there putting his body on the line for the "team" while the team was scheming up the quickest way to get rid of him the nanosecond he lost a step. Even though I know in capped league guys getting top dollar affects other parts of the team I really don't care. If a guy performs at the top of the NFL at his position he deserves to be paid like it. I know us fans all want guys to play for pennies on the dollar so WE can brag about winning championships.. but none of us will need double knee placement in our 40's because of the toll the game takes on our bodies. The one thing I will say is that I don't think guys need to hold out to get Jerry to pay them. Jerry enjoys the dance of negotiation but he's always going to pay a guy what the market says he is worth in the end. I don't holding out really impacts it all that much. Diggs never held out and he got paid. Ditto for Tyron.. Dak never held out and he got every penny that was coming to him. And is about to again.