Ezekiel Elliott Wants Dallas to Draft Him: "I Want to Play Behind that Great O-Line"

MikeT22

Reaction score
If our top QB is gone and we don't love either of the other two at #4 I'd prefer trading down. In that case Elliot would be one of by top targets. I have seen more mocks have him creeping into the 8-10 range. A trade with SF would make sense going down to #7. I wouldn't want to move out of the top 10. Many have Elliot going to the Giants at 10. Even if he isn't the target of a move down, we risk dropping into the next tier of players going below 10.

#4 seems high for Elliot, but if it came down to him or Ramsey I'd go Elliot in a heartbeat. Some mocks have even had us taking Treadwell at 4, but I'd take Elliot over him.

jnday

Reaction score
Elliott is as good as anyone on that list and would solve RB for 5years, including 2016.

I hate to judge players like this, but who was the last RB from the BigTen Conference that had a decent NFL career? Every year there is a RB or two from the Big Ten that gets hyped up, but they never produce in the NFL. I don't know much about the kid, but I do know that the typical BigTen RBs production does not translate well to the pro level. Why is this kid any different?

jnday

Reaction score
I think that they could fall to the second. There are way too many good DL in this draft, and teams always need DL.

A wise old scout mentioned on the radio to be careful with running backs from Alabama, Wisconsin and Ohio State. They have no patience in waiting for the crease to develop, because their OL is usually so much better than their opposition, no matter where they run the hole is usually very large.

I just watched some Ohio State game footage and I noticed that I could run through those holes and get 100 yards a game. It is hard to judge a RB when he doesn't even see a defender until he is ten yards past the LOS.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just watched some Ohio State game footage and I noticed that I could run through those holes and get 100 yards a game. It is hard to judge a RB when he doesn't even see a defender until he is ten yards past the LOS.

Im not sold on his talent.

I'd take Elliot in the 2nd but i'll pass on him in the first.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hate to judge players like this, but who was the last RB from the BigTen Conference that had a decent NFL career? Every year there is a RB or two from the Big Ten that gets hyped up, but they never produce in the NFL. I don't know much about the kid, but I do know that the typical BigTen RBs production does not translate well to the pro level. Why is this kid any different?

His combination of speed, size and vision. He does everything and was a track champion as well.

Three down back that stars from Day One.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Because he hikes his jersey up into a half shirt style.

Do your homework.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
His combination of speed, size and vision. He does everything and was a track champion as well.

Three down back that stars from Day One.

And ran over many Alabama defensive players that will later start in the NFL.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I hate how the running back position has been so de-valued, but that's just life.

I have said it here plenty of times, there are not five better football players in this draft than Ezekial Elliott.

I draft him and fix the running game and at the same time fix the defense, too.

Plus have the play fake mean something again to buy Romo an extra couple of seconds to see the field.

There is no position that needs fixing more than RB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
EE isn't some 'can't miss' prospect. He's not even as good as Gurley.

We just watched every team in the Conference championships all have some of the best defenses in the league, outside of the Pats who actually usually play pretty good defense.

We're either going QB or defense. We have a handful of guys who'd even start on any of those defenses and people want a RB when I'm not even sure any playoff team had a 1,000 yard rusher.

Maybe if EE was AD, but he's not. He won't even be BPA, and the ROI on him over an Alex Collins is probably negligible. Good grief.

And none of those four teams had a back like Ezekiel Elliott.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And he got 200 yards against Michigan State, Alabama and Oregon. :omg:

He's an Emmitt Smith kind of guy.

We moved up in the draft to take him and it completely changed our offense.

We have to stop kidding ourselves that defense is going to win championships for us.

Never has and never will.

We are and always have been about offense and scoring 25+pts per game.

We just need a defense that only plays 25 minutes a game and we win.

I don't understand why some don't understand the math.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's an Emmitt Smith kind of guy.

We moved up in the draft to take him and it completely changed our offense.

We have to stop kidding ourselves that defense is going to win championships for us.

Never has and never will.

We are and always have been about offense and scoring 25+pts per game.

We just need a defense that only plays 25 minutes a game and we win.

I don't understand why some don't understand the math.

We have 17m in Romo, 14m in Dez, 12m in TSmith, 7.5m in Witten and 5m in Free plus #1s in TFred, Marin and Collins*.

Add an Elliott and one more WR with speed and that is top unit.

Throw a couple picks and a few mid level FAs at the D and it's on.