Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott will definitely be on 2022 roster

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol...the whole team is a mess.
yup a complete and total mess and tripped into 12-5..that odd lol ridiculous statements on the daily around here ..this pace acta as if weve had 3 straight 5-11 season.. lmao..thats a mess check out the truly messy teams and we aren't close to on the list in fact we made top 12 this seaosn.3rd seed is a mess regardless of the record IDC to hear the responses again about play against certain teams. You are what your record says you are isnt that the old adage.12-5 then is mess in your book , burn your book.

we lost the bigger games of the season because of players mental miscues very close losses BTW all but one.we are better than fans are trying to claim, that's a fact, having 14 penalties and many mistakes against a team like the 9ers and only lost by 6, that was mess if game, but this teams not mess.same thing again the raiders 3 in ot, didn't play well lost by 6 to AZ? too me that shows how good we can be not how much of mess we are..have to clean up mistakes.

the players not the Jonses the coaches not the Jonses had the talent and they blew it but in no way is this mess. sure mistakes need to be corrected, we must get better and really last season was MM first with full roster and chance and 12-5 isnt a bad start. Between he and Quinn, i hope they can make the next step.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. You literally called people idiots and now want to whine about insults?

The offensive problems are multiple. But Elliott is one of them. Especially given his cap implications.
I did.....but IMHO "up the butt" is escalating it, don;t you think?

It's fine if you think cap is a problem. But since we have him for one more year...can't we set that aside and talk about what we think is a fix (fixes) to get this offense where it should be?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
If you prefer he be cut then you don't like him...very simple

It's okay!.... but we have to have some HONEST conversations here.

You like him HOW...but demand he be gone?

You sure you can do what zeke does with any rookie draft? Come on dude.....with this o-line and ZERO passing threat and a confused OC and a HC on the host seat and a roasted owner....... but just any ol rookie pick does everything zeke does.

You people....zeke haters.... are nuts.

I said what I said, I didn't stutter and meant everything I said. I think its adorable when people like you get into your personal feelings about players.

I don't get all in my feelings about a players. I just beleive his production can be replicated by someone else from the draft and/or FA.

Stop with the 'Hater' term because someone disagrees with your assessment of a player. As I previously said I like Zeke.

My statement was about economics, no matter how much you love Zeke, he is currently overpaid for his production.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said what I said, I didn't stutter and meant everything I said. I think its adorable when people like you get into your personal feelings about players.

I don't get all in my feelings about a players. I just beleive his production can be replicated by someone else from the draft and/or FA.

Stop with the 'Hater' term because someone disagrees with your assessment of a player. As I previously said I like Zeke.

My statement was about economics, no matter how much you love Zeke, he is currently overpaid for his production.
Oh a lecture about my emotional state towards zeke....how cute!

So you think zeke is "overpaid for his production". A very simplified, low IQ take.

The real issue is...why? Because hes fat and washed up, right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I get the fact that Zeke contract is bigger than the production. However to cut him now and take the cap hit and save 0 on the cap is foolish. The guy still ranked 7th in rushing and 5th in TD. If Dallas wants to cut him then you do so on 2023.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Oh a lecture about my emotional state towards zeke....how cute!

So you think zeke is "overpaid for his production". A very simplified, low IQ take.

The real issue is...why? Because hes fat and washed up, right?

Your emotional state is all over this thread. As far as Zeke, as I just stated, 12.5 million dollars for an RB is too much money for 1K yards and 10 TD.

So if it had to come down to Dlaw, Cooper, or Zeke, I would rather lose Zeke. It's not that complicated.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your emotional state is all over this thread. As far as Zeke, as I just stated, 12.5 million dollars for an RB is too much money for 1K yards and 10 TD.

So if it had to come down to Dlaw, Cooper, or Zeke, I would rather lose Zeke. It's not that complicated.

Problem is you save money on the cap with Cooper and DLaw, you save nothing on the cap by releasing Zeke this year. Next year you have a cap saving of 10 mill vs 0 this season.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Problem is you save money on the cap with Cooper and DLaw, you save nothing on the cap by releasing Zeke this year. Next year you have a cap saving of 10 mill vs 0 this season.

I understand, I know financially they can not release Zeke this year, I responding to a post from another poster.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are still missing my point....you are too interested in condescending insults.... so just never mind.

Proof

Reaction score
You only see the simpleton emotional fan that thinks he knows everything view.

On the inside they see the work , influence, commitment, doctors injury reports, workout and rehab charts, offensive line problems, play calling effectiveness and a myriad other metrics. And yes of course the contract is a factor.
We could just as easy have a joseph randle on our hands and dak back on ir because of it.

But some people think they know everything and in the kool kids klub tearing zeke up.

do you think you need inside information to make common sense declarations? do you think the jonesboys with all their insight are competent managers?

Proof

Reaction score
Ooh....a playground insult. Thats the route you want this to go?

didn't you coin the juvenile "kool kids klub" or whatever nonsense, then proceed to call everyone who disagrees with you low iq, weirdos, and ask a guy if he was a girl? lol.
do you know what self awareness is my guy?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
didn't you coin the juvenile "kool kids klub" or whatever nonsense, then proceed to call everyone who disagrees with you low iq, weirdos, and ask a guy if he was a girl? lol.
do you know what self awareness is my guy?
I did. Again I think "up the butt" is a bit of an escalation. Lil bit crude.

I will try to find a better, more polite way to express the self-satisfaction people get by claiming zeke's fat/demise.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
do you think you need inside information to make common sense declarations? do you think the jonesboys with all their insight are competent managers?

BINGO! You did it. You proved a point I have been trying to make.

So are the jonesboys "competent managers"?

But with zeke they are? Proving his production waste is all his fault!

Look, if they are going to be incompetently managing...it would seem it carries all the way to zeke too. This is just one reason I make the claim zeke isn't washed up. From playing him hurt to running stupid plays over and over.

I do think executives get WAY more data and information than we do. I DO think the contract is a consideration.

I DON'T think this organization is competent all the way up and down. If we are going to incompetently manage Zeke, from touches all the way up to contracts...yep...he's waste. We certainly could pay someone much less to abuse and incompetently manage.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not sure why some are arguing. It was a no brainer due to the cap that Elliott was staying. He'll be gone in 2023. He can go feed himself elsewhere!

I doubt he'll hold out on his next employer. :rolleyes:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

No but you make all the people who hate him really happy.. And after all, isn't that the whole goal of the organization? To make people who carry around irrational hatred for its players happy? Frankly to me the Cowboys' problem is they need MORE good players, not less. Getting rid of good players just because people don't like their salary is a stupid way to run a football team. Stockpile as many great players as you can.. pair them with good coaches then let the chips fall where they may.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
People caught up in Zeke's salary should ask themselves this question. How many games would the Cowboys have won if he allowed Dak to get decapitated 2-3 times a game and was put out for the season like he was last year or like Romo was when Gronkowski whiffed on that blitzer in 2010 or when Randall did in 2015. Close your eyes and remember fondly how great those teams looked without their QB. For a refresher in 2010 they went 5-7 without Romo.. in 2015 it was 1-10. Then in 2020 it was 4-7 without Dak. I really think people should factor those numbers into the equation when they're diminishing the value of a guy willing to step in front of an oncoming freight train to save his QB from harm. Of course there are those geniuses that want to see the team without Dak anyway.. but who has time for that level of moronitude?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No but you make all the people who hate him really happy.. And after all, isn't that the whole goal of the organization? To make people who carry around irrational hatred for its players happy? Frankly to me the Cowboys' problem is they need MORE good players, not less. Getting I rid of good players just because people don't like their salary is a stupid way to run a football team. Stockpile as many great players as you can.. pair them with good coaches then let the chips fall where they may.

No to me it is cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm not thrilled with his contract but I find the reasons they hate him makes no sense. The man has done as the organization has asked and never complains about it, He has played through injuries even when maybe the coaches should have sat him. I agree that in 2023 Cowboys will need to make a choice to create more cap space but as of now I have no issue with Zeke being on this team. I see that it irks people when he does his feed me routine, I'm sorry to me that is not a reason to hate on a guy that is just down right petty

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why some are arguing. It was a no brainer due to the cap that Elliott was staying. He'll be gone in 2023. He can go feed himself elsewhere!

I doubt he'll hold out on his next employer. :rolleyes:
For me its not about staying or going. Its about identifying...er....disappointing.... performances.

Zeke is here one more year at least. Harping on is indeed silliness.

Sydla

Reaction score
I did.....but IMHO "up the butt" is escalating it, don;t you think?

It's fine if you think cap is a problem. But since we have him for one more year...can't we set that aside and talk about what we think is a fix (fixes) to get this offense where it should be?

One fix is limit Elliott and get Pollard more involved. That doesn't mean make Pollard the main back. People are advocating we should feed the ball even more to Elliott. That's not a solution.