FEATURED FA agent thread

davey999

Reaction score
I hate to sound like Micky but who have we missed out on free agency that would have put us over the top. We have one of the most talented offensive teams in the NFL and still plenty of draft picks and free agents to fill out our defensive roster.
Tomlinson and Perryman would have helped immensely. Then you get secondary help in the draft

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
D-Law is the only defender we have that can both pressure the QB and stuff the run on the DL. I dont know why we would be in any rush to rid ourselves of him. We should be wanting to build around him not releasing him.

Dont get it, we either want to improve our D which should include DLaw. If not, then I dont get what all the belly aching is about when it comes to our D.

Keep looking at the poor return on investment the team gets from Lawrence’s deal. It will eventually come to you.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
D-Law is the only defender we have that can both pressure the QB and stuff the run on the DL. I dont know why we would be in any rush to rid ourselves of him. We should be wanting to build around him not releasing him.

Dont get it, we either want to improve our D which should include DLaw. If not, then I dont get what all the belly aching is about when it comes to our D.

Me personally, while I think he is a good player, he's not worth the contract. I look at him as another Clowney. Good not Great. 20 mil a year for 5 to 6 sacks and good run defense isn't worth it in my opinion..

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I dont get why I keep reading we only have a 3 year window with Prescott. Its a 4 year contract and we will resign him if he plays well. The 3 year window claim is dumb and untrue.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I dont get why I keep reading we only have a 3 year window with Prescott. Its a 4 year contract and we will resign him if he plays well. The 3 year window claim is dumb and untrue.

The reason is that the first 3 years he has a better cap number and we have an out in year 4 with only $26MM in dead cap.

If he has not won a championship by year 7, we need to move on.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate to sound like Micky but who have we missed out on free agency that would have put us over the top. We have one of the most talented offensive teams in the NFL and still plenty of draft picks and free agents to fill out our defensive roster.

Well for starters, I was hoping they'd do more than just "fill out the defensive roster". I was hoping they'd try to really improve at least one clear hole on defense prior the draft. They decided, again, to not go that route. Instead we'll bargain shop in a week and then hope the draft lands us a windfall.

But ask yourself this question. For the last 5-6 years the Cowboys have largely had good offenses and suspect defenses. They have had clear holes at S and DT. And for the last 5-6 years, they've done the same thing they are doing this year - ignore a player that might have a big impact because he's too expensive, sift through the slop next week for some low cost warm bodies and then hope the draft is chock full of big wins for them.

How has that worked out for the team? What has that "plan" won them?

Sydla

Reaction score
Tomlinson for 11 million and Perryman is not beating out Jaylon or LVE. We need to stop overrating other teams players.

Tomlinson would have been a big upgrade at DT. And Perryman can play MLB which as has been shown is a position that LVE and Smith have struggled at.

You keep pushing the same lame excuses the Cowboys push each year about FA and in the end, what they do doesn't really work out.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I see your point. I am a believer the team wins titles not individual players. Dan Marino and Dan Fouts (and others) didn't win titles and played longer than 7 years with their teams. I just think the 3 year thing is silly, there are many variables in a championship equation.

Majic

Reaction score
Well for starters, I was hoping they'd do more than just "fill out the defensive roster". I was hoping they'd try to really improve at least one clear hole on defense prior the draft. They decided, again, to not go that route. Instead we'll bargain shop in a week and then hope the draft lands us a windfall.

But ask yourself this question. For the last 5-6 years the Cowboys have largely had good offenses and suspect defenses. They have had clear holes at S and DT. And for the last 5-6 years, they've done the same thing they are doing this year - ignore a player that might have a big impact because he's too expensive, sift through the slop next week for some low cost warm bodies and then hope the draft is chock full of big wins for them.

It's similar to their strategy in the 2009 draft after the disastrous Roy Williams trade. They kept trading down adding more picks and going for quantity over quality. A few years later no player was left from that draft. They just don't learn.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

IMG0833.jpg