FEATURED FA agent thread

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Admittedly, a few years ago I was a sucker myself thinking that each year would be different............... they'd recognize their issues and hit FA smartly and not just sift through the bargain bin a week into FA. Eventually I realized that if you keep hitting me in the face with a cast iron pan, it's gonna hurt.

At this point, the safe assumption here is watch the bigger names and even a good chunk of the mid-tier guys that can help go to other teams and start paying attention to FA for the Cowboys around next Wednesday. Despite the clear and utter failure of their strategy in FA, they will continue to do it they way they do it because that's how Jerry rolls.

Nothing will change S Jones said as much, bargain bin yet again.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Funny thing is....Cowboys waiting to talk to free agents during the legal tampering period....while the rest of the league have been talking to free agents for months.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Care to explain that seeing as how the Giants released him making him a free agent thereby allowing Baltimore to sign him?

"The 31-year-old offensive lineman was released by the Giants last week, allowing him to sign before the open of free agency, which begins Wednesday, March 17 at 4 p.m. ET. The NFL's negotiating window for free agents opens Monday at noon ET."
My bust and stand corrected.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-100-best-available-nfl-free-agents-remaining-2021-nfl-free-agency

The 100 best available NFL free agents remaining in 2021

NFL Free Agency is officially here and all of our questions about who will land where will finally be answered. PFF has provided you with our top free agent rankings in the weeks leading up to free agency, and we will continue to do so throughout the coming days by updating the list after every single signing is made.

With the help of our free agency database containing advanced analysis and data that you can get access to, we present to you the best players still available on the open market:

1. WR KENNY GOLLADAY
There may be no better endorsement of a top receiver than the difference it makes to his quarterback when he is on the field. Matthew Stafford is a different player when Golladay is on the field, and the wideout clearly has confidence in his ability to go up and get the football in tough spots. He battled injuries this season, but Golladay’s 628 yards on deep (20-plus yard) passes ranked second in the league in 2019.

Golladay has the size and athleticism required to be a big target on the outside, along with that contested-catch prowess, but he also possesses enough nuance in his route running to function well in any system. The NFC North has featured some great receivers in recent seasons, and Golladay is up there with the best of them.

Contract Analysis: We don’t think the rumors of him to the Giants through trade were by accident; Golladay’s representation was probably trying to help him land on a team more interested in giving him the long-term contract he deserves.

Prediction: Four years, $85 million ($21.25M APY): $57.5 million total guaranteed, $37.5 million fully guaranteed.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
LOL......few are saying move him to safety.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rsue-patrick-peterson-purely-as-a-cornerback/
Multiple playoff teams will pursue Patrick Peterson, purely as a cornerback
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2021, 11:33 AM EDT

While still a 'name', Peterson's allowed Comp % and subsequent stats have been declining the past few seasons:

2018: INT's 2 Comp % 58.3% YDS Allowed 417 YDS per Target 7.0 TD's Allowed 4 Pass Rate Allowed 88.0

2019: INT's 2 Comp % 65.8% YDS Allowed 621 YDS per Target 8.5 TD's Allowed 4 Pass Rate Allowed 99.2

2020: INT's 3 Comp % 67.1% YDS Allowed 662 YDS per Target 8.4 TD's Allowed 5 Pass Rate Allowed 98.2

I am no expert but stats say he has lost a step or three when it comes to being relied upon as a full time starting CB.