FEATURED FA agent thread

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Structure wise yeah.

He still makes 20m a year.

John Johnson and Jason Verett are going to make less combined annually than Cooper does.

I'd way rather roll with Lamb and Gallup and those two on defense than Cooper alone.

I'm sure those who have clearly invested in a 19 jersey won't agree.

I get what you were trying to do, but Verrett is awful, and oft-injured.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You'd rather roll with it until we are like the Pre-Titan's game Cowboys (before the Amari trade) where we completely sucked on offense. Anyone that thinks the offense works the same without Cooper and that Lamp/Gallup would have the same success without Cooper is a complete and utter non-football knowing buffoon.
Yeah, about the same as anyone who thinks we are going to find four defensive starters in the draft.

Three stud WR and zero defense tells me you probably think you get a point for a catch in the NFL.

Having Lamb and this version of Gallup is hardly comparable to Allen Hurns as a WR1 but go ahead and try to support your ridiculous narrative.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I get what you were trying to do, but Verrett is awful, and oft-injured.
He was injured a quite a bit before last season, but is far from awful.

If you're against "oft-injured" types you're going to be as disappointed as I am before long with who this team actually signs.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah, about the same as anyone who thinks we are going to find four defensive starters in the draft.

Three stud WR and zero defense tells me you probably think you get a point for a catch in the NFL.

Having Lamb and this version of Gallup is hardly comparable to Allen Hurns as a WR1 but go ahead and try to support your ridiculous narrative.

I agree with you actually but I don't think it is a ridiculous narrative to state that Cooper didn't change the narrative of the team and dynamic of the team. Fact is, the FO does not care about the Defense. They want the Offense and Shiny things to win all games. It sucks, but Cooper has been one in an otherwise long string of NOT GOOD ones that was actually good. Now let's talk about Zeke...Jaylon and some of the other people where their money would be better invested. Cooper is the only one at least semi or more than earning their money/cost. Ridiculous is a lot of other things....

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with you actually but I don't think it is a ridiculous narrative to state that Cooper didn't change the narrative of the team and dynamic of the team. Fact is, the FO does not care about the Defense. They want the Offense and Shiny things to win all games. It sucks, but Cooper has been one in an otherwise long string of NOT GOOD ones that was actually good. Now let's talk about Zeke...Jaylon and some of the other people where their money would be better invested. Cooper is the only one at least semi or more than earning their money/cost. Ridiculous is a lot of other things....
Cooper saved 2018 almost on his own.

The trade was worth it.

That said, he is now a luxury.

He is a very very good player, and our best WR, but he still underperforms 20m a year, especially given how bad the defense is.

I truly wonder if they would have brought him back last year if the draft was before FA.

Point is simple.....the WR position is solid 1-5, but the defense can't stop anyone, and the cap dollars are far too allocated in favor of offense.

That can't not be a factor.

fivetwos

Reaction score
While I agree......I don't think this team was ever viewing pass rusher. They should be. This team right now knows its biggest holes and they are going to bargain shop to fix them. Sadly, its what it is or what it seems to be anyway.
Well weed is cool w the league now, so while it gets our RDE on the field, it keeps our stud RB from being motivated to be as great as he can be.

Give and take I suppose.

May have been an ok idea to get Anae a few more defensive snaps in a 6-10 season, but I digress.

Maybe Jamar Chase will fall to 10 and we can all chant "fiftyburger."

Sorry. Having a bad day lol.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I cannot understand not signing LaDoosh. Seriously pisses me off. Guy has been perfect. HE should have got a lifetime contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well weed is cool w the league now, so while it gets our RDE on the field, it keeps our stud RB from being motivated to be as great as he can be.

Give and take I suppose.

May have been an ok idea to get Anae a few more defensive snaps in a 6-10 season, but I digress.

Maybe Jamar Chase will fall to 10 and we can all chant "fiftyburger."

Sorry. Having a bad day lol.
Man I don't know if I should give this coaching staff the benefit of the doubt or Anae. Reggie Robinson and Anae not being able to get on the field of one of the worst defenses I've seen in my life is alarming.

stiletto

Reaction score
Cooper saved 2018 almost on his own.

The trade was worth it.

That said, he is now a luxury.

He is a very very good player, and our best WR, but he still underperforms 20m a year, especially given how bad the defense is.

I truly wonder if they would have brought him back last year if the draft was before FA.

Point is simple.....the WR position is solid 1-5, but the defense can't stop anyone, and the cap dollars are far too allocated in favor of offense.

That can't not be a factor.

I think we actually agree more than you think. The WR corp is the only GOOD thing the team has for the most part IMO. I don't want to break it up if we dont have to because it wins games... But alas, it may need to be eventually but I am on the side of letting someone like Gallup go instead of Cooper. Let someone vacuum in for Gallup as opposed to trying to fill a route running/coverage inducing nightmare like Cooper.

817Gill

Reaction score
Damn were the looking at corner? I always thought the Cowboys at #10 would have their shot at the best defensive player in the draft. Never questioned it but you never know.....
Yeah CB is one of their biggest needs arguably. Plenty of mocks had them taking Farley or Surtain. They released Bouye and they have a lot of iffy young guys behind him. They’re also basically all set on offense outside of Lock but I don’t see a QB there they like.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think we actually agree more than you think. The WR corp is the only GOOD thing the team has for the most part IMO. I don't want to break it up if we dont have to because it wins games... But alas, it may need to be eventually but I am on the side of letting someone like Gallup go instead of Cooper. Let someone vacuum in for Gallup as opposed to trying to fill a route running/coverage inducing nightmare like Cooper.
Thanks for being cool about it.

Man.....I came into today expecting nothing and still somehow ended up all fired up.

I didn't expect much better players than we have to come off the board so cheaply.

My bad.