FEATURED FA agent thread

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Giants let Tomlinson walk, but paying a two down player 11 million is a steep price. Heard the Vikings actually will be playing him at the 3, which makes little sense. I think we can get Malcom Brown at half that price and get similar production.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Maybe Trysten Hill is that guy.
He isnt. Hill was a wasted draft pick and should have left the building when Rod did. The fact that Thornhill was there and we took hill bothers me to this day. Then to hear about him sleeping during meetings really just ended my hopes for him.

Regarding FA. I think fans forget that we tried to give Sammy Watkins 15 million a year. He chose the Chiefs. And thank GOD we dodged that bullet.

Sydla

Reaction score
He isnt. Hill was a wasted draft pick and should have left the building when Rod did. The fact that Thornhill was there and we took hill bothers me to this day. Then to hear about him sleeping during meetings really just ended my hopes for him.

Regarding FA. I think fans forget that we tried to give Sammy Watkins 15 million a year. He chose the Chiefs. And thank GOD we dodged that bullet.

The reality is this franchise, for whatever reason, just isn't very good at using FA to improve the team. Whether it's because Stephen has convinced Jerry going cheap is smarter or that McClay and the personnel guys just blow at league scouting, the franchise just doesn't seem to know what its doing.

Couple that with an inability to hire quality coaches and what you get is a team that has spent 25 years looking more like the Jets and Browns over that period than the Patriots, Steelers, even Eagles.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The reality is this franchise, for whatever reason, just isn't very good at using FA to improve the team. Whether it's because Stephen has convinced Jerry going cheap is smarter or that McClay and the personnel guys just blow at league scouting, the franchise just doesn't seem to know what its doing.

Couple that with an inability to hire quality coaches and what you get is a team that has spent 25 years looking more like the Jets and Browns over that period than the Patriots, Steelers, even Eagles.
Oh I agree. I dont think we utilize FA properly at all. If we could have come out with Tomlinson and a CB or S. We could have drafted much looser.

And this isnt because of Dak's deal. This is what they have been doing for years. Its getting old.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In their mind they probably think signing a couple of middling DTs that total what it would cost for a real DT is a wise investment.
Yeah I know and that’s what I hate about their approach. They believe in turning 50 million into 10 starters.....

John813

Reaction score
At least we don't face Tomlinson twice a year now. Do the rookie contracts come from the $18 million dollars?

Yes, rookie contracts will take away from our current cap space. However, since we have over 51 players currently signed when we sign our rookies in June-ish there will only be a net increase of: rookie cap hit-$780k min as when we sign them we knock out the 51st player out of the cap space equation.

starfan1

Reaction score
Oh I agree. I dont think we utilize FA properly at all. If we could have come out with Tomlinson and a CB or S. We could have drafted much looser.

And this isnt because of Dak's deal. This is what they have been doing for years. Its getting old.

but you can bet your *** that will be the talking point in here

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s not surprising you understand a losing philosophy.
Talk to me at the end of the year. If you're still around since you've given up and are hopeless. Why are you even here? I've asked several of you haters that question and you all can't answer it. But we all know why. You'll just never admit it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Well, you don't know that and neither do I. I do know he was playing very well before his injury so there's a chance.

Sydla

Reaction score
Talk to me at the end of the year. If you're still around since you've given up and are hopeless. Why are you even here? I've asked several of you haters that question and you all can't answer it. But we all know why. You'll just never admit it.

LOL.

Every year you say the same thing to people on this board, "Talk to me after this year" and when the year is actually done, it's the same disappointing results. If this team goes 9-7, bows out in the first round again, you'll be right back here in 2022 saying everyone is dumb for questioning the Cowboys and talk to you after the 2022 season.

You are the type of fan Jerry wants and needs.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can hear it now from Stephen, “we signed the #1 FA out there”.........

Meanwhile the middle of our defense from front to back is garbage.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, you don't know that and neither do I. I do know he was playing very well before his injury so there's a chance.

I would say he was playing better than his rookie year. He showed improvement. He want playing “well” relative to other DT’s in the league.

Hopefully he can come back from the injury and still improve. It’s kind of a shame because an ACL tear in his second year, during the time of his career that should be most formative to improving, can be devastating.

Hopefully his knee is back to 100% by the start of the season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have a 3 year sample size, his college coaches and our own reporters that came out and said he was immature, loafs in practice and was reprimanded by being benched for like the first 5 games of his time here. Rod pounded the table for him and we drafted him. And he hasnt shown me anything. Can he turn that around this season? Absolutely. Will he? Thats up to him. All I am saying is we shouldnt be putting our eggs in that basket when we had a shot at a known commodity in Tomlinson. We havent been able to stop the run consistently for years. You would think the FO would know that.

John813

Reaction score
I can hear it now from Stephen, “we signed the #1 FA out there”.........

Meanwhile the middle of our defense from front to back is garbage.

Who needs defense when you got an offense that can put up 40 points(hypothetically)!

Still early and not expecting much out of FA anytime soon.

Aven8

Reaction score
Who needs defense when you got an offense that can put up 40 points(hypothetically)!

Still early and not expecting much out of FA anytime soon.

Our offense was on record pace last year too and the defense was on a historical one. I have a bad feeling these clowns blamed it all on Nolan. The talent had nothing to do with it......smh.

Aven8

Reaction score
We currently have a roster of about 30-32 players so they need to get started on this rather quickly I would gather.