FEATURED FA agent thread

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL.

Every year you say the same thing to people on this board, "Talk to me after this year" and when the year is actually done, it's the same disappointing results. If this team goes 9-7, bows out in the first round again, you'll be right back here in 2022 saying everyone is dumb for questioning the Cowboys and talk to you after the 2022 season.

You are the type of fan Jerry wants and needs.
And I’ll keep saying it every year. And you, like all the other haters that have given up, won’t answer my question of why you are here if you have no hope?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have a 3 year sample size, his college coaches and our own reporters that came out and said he was immature, loafs in practice and was reprimanded by being benched for like the first 5 games of his time here. Rod pounded the table for him and we drafted him. And he hasnt shown me anything. Can he turn that around this season? Absolutely. Will he? Thats up to him. All I am saying is we shouldnt be putting our eggs in that basket when we had a shot at a known commodity in Tomlinson. We havent been able to stop the run consistently for years. You would think the FO would know that.
Those things can be fixed with the right coaching like a kick in the butt.

Sydla

Reaction score
And I’ll keep saying it every year. And you, like all the other haters that have given up, won’t answer my question of why you are here if you have no hope?

It's not that we don't have hope. But I'd prefer to actually field a legitimately talented team that has a real shot to win the SB instead of what you subscribe to which is "man, I hope they get lucky."

Gaede

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the Jones boys likely believe it’s not the DTs or Ss that are a problem. It was Nolan.

Bring in a new DC and he’ll spit shine the talent that Jerry and Stephen have acquired over the years.

Honestly, as sad at it is, that is exactly what they're thinking.

Probably why we get a new DC every two years.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It's not that we don't have hope. But I'd prefer to actually field a legitimately talented team that has a real shot to win the SB instead of what you subscribe to which is "man, I hope they get lucky."
I havent't decided what I prefer to hear more how untalented the current the current roster is or how they overpaid for middling free agents. Besides a few, FA yesterday was the typical overspend for steady starters. Even the "good" onces for most part were overpaid. A lot of money was thrown around yesterday by NE who is trying to rebuild through FA without a QB.

Carson

Reaction score
I havent't decided what I prefer to hear more how untalented the current the current roster is or how they overpaid for middling free agents. Besides a few, FA yesterday was the typical overspend for steady starters. Even the "good" onces for most part were overpaid. A lot of money was thrown around yesterday by NE who is trying to rebuild through FA without a QB.
Ehhh I would’ve taken the John Johnson deal or the Dalvin Tomlinson deal and never looked back

Sydla

Reaction score
Ehhh I would’ve taken the John Johnson deal or the Dalvin Tomlinson deal and never looked back

Yep.

But it's easier to just assume everyone gets severely overpaid in FA to make oneself feel better about the fact that Jerry sits on his hands for a week thinking this team is good enough to just be supplemented through the draft.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yep.

But it's easier to just assume everyone gets severely overpaid in FA to make oneself feel better about the fact that Jerry sits on his hands for a week thinking this team is good enough to just be supplemented through the draft.

It's not like there is a very recent model for how a responsible deep dive in FA can get you a Superbowl...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I thought there was supposed to be a flood of league wide cuts.

What happened to that??

DRella

Reaction score
I honestly dont care how they fix it whether its through FA or trade or draft.

The Cowboy need to solidify the middle of the defense all the way through. DT, MLB, S. If they do this their defense will resemble one that is at least competent against the run.

Replacing players in their starting mix that is better then LVE (MLB), Woods/Crawford (DT), and Woods (S) would instantly make this team better. Im not saying to rid ourselves of LVE, Woods (DT) as they are still worthy of a spot on the defense. But we need an injection of new talent with run stopping strengths.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Shelton is an interesting name and I think some here had interest last year. Was OK in Detroit but pretty good playing in NE.

Shelton is someone I can see them looking at. High motor guy that would be a great player on first and second down.

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought there was supposed to be a flood of league wide cuts.

What happened to that??

They are a lot more likely to come. As noted above, Detroit just cut a productive DT for them and their backup to make room. Teams won't cut all the players they need to by tomorrow. Teams that are under the cap will likely cut guys well into next week as they see the market, etc.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is clear and plain evidence that the overrating of their own players has not stopped and will not anytime soon.

Those two haven't a clue and I'm not at all sure why we think it's going to magically change.

They are stubborn and set in their ways.

Coming off the worst defense in team history and its still the same old...."we like our guys."

Really? What exactly is to like about them?

I guess Jerry hanging around the locker room and making pals is a big part of that.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I have long given up on spending for the big name free agents. The draft is always the main tool to build a successful team. But you have to supplement it with player acquisitions in FA. And they don’t have to be the big money players. But if you don’t add at least a couple players then you put yourself in a bad position to draft BPA.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have long given up on spending for the big name free agents. The draft is always the main tool to build a successful team. But you have to supplement it with player acquisitions in FA. And they don’t have to be the big money players. But if you don’t add at least a couple players then you put yourself in a bad position to draft BPA.
So....you mean....do the thing that hasn't worked in the past yet again?