Twitter: FA cuts next week could be a massacre

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Mar 3, 2021.

1. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    7,043 Likes Received
    Eagles, NO, Rams are all going to have unload players and/or make drastic contract adjustments. I think I heard NO is like 65 million OVER the cap.

2. charron

charron Well-Known Member

7,312 Messages
    7,622 Likes Received

There are plenty of teams with our level or more of salary cap space. Only about 8 or so that must dump a bunch of salary. Stephen has shown he won't even make a phone call to some free agents if he thinks their asking price may be high. He is not an all in type in regards to roster management. He is very low risk high rewards type when it comes to free agents. If more quality guys make it to the 3rd wave of free agency he might make a few deals. I hope we capitalize of some talent that becomes available.

3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,014 Likes Received
    I don't know who is available but this feels like an opportunity to finally solve our safety situation for relatively cheap.

We can use our premium picks for more valuable positions like Offensive Tackle and Corner and sign a veteran safety.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  4. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,092 Messages
    19,086 Likes Received
    I'm guessing we see contracts with minimal hits for 2021 and much larger hits in subsequent years. I don't imagine many players will sit.

5. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,092 Messages
    19,086 Likes Received
    Which is my biggest motivation for seeing Daks situation resolved sooner than later. There will be opportunities. Let's hope they take advantage.

6. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

6,272 Messages
    7,700 Likes Received
    I feel sorry for all the teams that Signed QB’s to escalating contracts counting on the cap going up. No I don’t.

dogberry and Typhus like this.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,352 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    What teams are you referencing that have our cap level or more? Because just like the Cowboys...every other team has free agents as well they have to re-sign.

8. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    7,043 Likes Received
    They should...low ceiling Free Agency for sure. Bad year to hit the market for players because of teams with Cap issues and the lower cap number. Justin Simmons, Marcus Maye, tons of good safety upgrades on the market.

9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

10,520 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    Saints are shopping DTs Malcom Brown and Jets cut Henry Anderson.

Scotman likes this.
  10. jujoboys

jujoboys Well-Known Member

671 Messages
    1,076 Likes Received
    The Eagles have already cut Desean Jackson. They renegotiated the contracts of Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson where they can cut them right before the new league year begins. They will probably try to trade Zach Ertz. If not he will be cut. I think Derek Barnett may be a potential cut. Marquise Goodwin will definitely be cut. Avonte Maddox may get the axe. I could see them restructure candidates being F Cox, B Graham, L Johnson, D Slay, J Hargrave, and B Brooks.

11. charron

charron Well-Known Member

7,312 Messages
    7,622 Likes Received
    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

But there are 11 teams that must make some cuts to get under the cap instead of only 8 i originally said. But there are still 11 other teams with more cap space than we have. Not factoring the normal amount of movement we see teams do.

rocyaice likes this.
  12. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,648 Messages
    11,769 Likes Received
    jj watt was NOT bargain another stupid owner pauign about twice as much as players actually worth because he has a historical NAME,,so teams will still outbid Jones because they don't go after high risk high paid FAS..dont be fooled watt already set a bad precedent..

13. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,995 Messages
    22,085 Likes Received
    Troll. :espn::espn::espn::espn:

14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,648 Messages
    11,769 Likes Received
    thats 95% not happening would be total shock..

15. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,757 Messages
    68,179 Likes Received
    That’s your response to a report that is coming from basically all sorts of insiders and media types?

It doesn’t take much brains to realize with a lower cap, teams are going to be making surprising moves to create cap space.

PAPPYDOG, ninja and TINGS21 like this.
  16. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    The entire time he is under the tag whether he signs it or not.

17. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,995 Messages
    22,085 Likes Received
    Yes, that’s my response to talking heads. In case you don’t know, all they care about is clicks from the likes of your type. That’s all. There’s a sliver of truth in some of what they say, but only a sliver and very rarely. Anyone who believes them hook, line and sinker like you are in the words of Bill Parcells, “you’ve been sucked”.

18. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Honestly if the cuts are this big Dallas COULD try to go bold by trading Dak and 2 1s to Seattle (that would be the cost) to get Wilson, then use the money saved (Wilson’s cap his next year is small) to go all in in FA and try to go for something big.

19. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    16,931 Likes Received
    Who do you think is getting cut? That could help our safety position? Honestly

ChuckA1 likes this.
  20. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

12,744 Messages
    21,975 Likes Received
    It's on........