Face it... We failed

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Will your tune change if we resign McClain? Which by all accounts is not talking to anyone else and we have spoken with.

Right now I see we lost one starter (Murray).
Durant - can't rely on - missed 12 games last year and we still finished 13-5 with a 4th round rookie LB manning spots all over the field.
Carter - started 9. Pissed Rod off. That's all I need to hear.
Parnell back up
Harris - ST player only
Moore - back up
Melton - back up. Rod's guy, and Rod favored Crawford/T McClain over him.

I agree, we've lost depth, but depth that we can replace. FA is not done, the draft is not here. We are still favorites to win the NFC East and compete with Seattle and Green Bay.

I'm a marathon guy and the race if far from over. For you sprinters, I guess the race is over.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You mean the Super Bowl teams have been decided?!?!?! :eek:
The Eagles vs. the Dolphins.
Where can I purchase my tickets? :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
Will your tune change if we resign McClain? Which by all accounts is not talking to anyone else and we have spoken with.

Right now I see we lost one starter (Murray).
Durant - can't rely on - missed 12 games last year and we still finished 13-5 with a 4th round rookie LB manning spots all over the field.
Carter - started 9. Pissed Rod off. That's all I need to hear.
Parnell back up
Harris - ST player only
Moore - back up
Melton - back up. Rod's guy, and Rod favored Crawford/T McClain over him.

I agree, we've lost depth, but depth that we can replace. FA is not done, the draft is not here. We are still favorites to win the NFC East and compete with Seattle and Green Bay.

I'm a marathon guy and the race if far from over. For you sprinters, I guess the race is over.

Carter pissed Rod off, but by the end of the year was on the field a lot, and played like a beast. If the piss off was that bad, than how did he essentially earn his spot back?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Carter pissed Rod off, but by the end of the year was on the field a lot, and played like a beast. If the piss off was that bad, than how did he essentially earn his spot back?

Gotta put someone out there, because in the end it's about the team winning games. He had no one else and was not going to find someone to help the team win. In the off-season he has time.

I'm a Tar Heel boy, but Carter has the same problem as most of my Tar Heel guys. Lots of talent/potential, but a .10 cent brain. That doesn't go far with Rod.

khiladi

Reaction score
Gotta put someone out there, because in the end it's about the team winning games. He had no one else and was not going to find someone to help the team win. In the off-season he has time.

I'm a Tar Heel boy, but Carter has the same problem as most of my Tar Heel guys. Lots of talent/potential, but a .10 cent brain. That doesn't go far with Rod.

While I agree that Carter's 'brain' is an issue sometimes, one cannot deny he came on at the end of the year and pretty much cemented his playing time over guys that replaced him during that stint he was having his issue. He was really good at the end of the year.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
While I agree that Carter's 'brain' is an issue sometimes, one cannot deny he came on at the end of the year and pretty much cemented his playing time over guys that replaced him during that stint he was having his issue. He was really good at the end of the year.

That he did and I would like nothing better than for him to be a Cowboy, so him not back, just tells me they see he met his ceiling and was not worth the price. Time will tell if they were right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lets see, Michael Johnson , that big free agent signing by TB , got cut.

Now one the most touted Free Agent signing last year by any team, Mike Wallace, just got basically given away for almost free just to get rid of that stupid contract.

And that is the norm with the results of the blind spending frenzy of the first days of free agency.
It happens every single year and usually the very worst franchises participate the most.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I'll take a team full of hungry rookies over a team full of rich free agents any day.

Garret

Reaction score
http://i1287.***BLOCKED***/albums/a622/Garret1985/th_6f9879198eb78869dd88b467a0228cc5_zps4b2641f3.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Is this when we are supposed to be getting all those bargains? It's been 3 weeks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All I need is even an unconfirmed rumor that Rod is not pleased and I am done with that player.

Nuff said.

Go Cowboys.