Face it... We failed

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good form dictates OP ateast come by and give us a 'my bad' after this rant was proven unnecessary, right?

That is usually all it takes. An honest "my bad" goes a long way around here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hardy wasn't enough?

All I heard was: "patience, sit out the first two, three weeks of Free Agency and then we get the bargains"

We got Hardy, which is great but no bargain and we got Hayden.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

DFWJC

Reaction score
All I heard was: "patience, sit out the first two, three weeks of Free Agency and then we get the bargains"

We got Hardy, which is great but no bargain and we got Hayden.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
I hear you,but....
Who exactly did you expect to get that we didn't get?

Seems to that the absolute by far top target for us was Hardy.
We got him at a rate that is next to free if he doesn't produce and then still below market if he does.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We are not getting Hardy. We are not resigning McClain. We are not signing a starting caliber CB. We are not signing AP.

To me, the offseason is a failure. The warts of our defense were covered up by Murray and keeping time of possession. That is gone now. Maybe we'll get a good rookie RB, but it's not the same.

We are now signing guys like Jed Collins and Jasper Brinkley. JAGS to fill holes. While our competitors, even the Commanders, are signing starter caliber defenders.

We have a 2 year window and Jerry is acting like he's got 10...

Hardy = check!
Adrian = check yourself!
McClain = seriously negotiating right now.
Starting corner = in the draft?

This thread has issues....

Lol

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
This thread wasn't worth leaving open the first two pages....Goodbye and please don't post trash.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We are not getting Hardy. We are not resigning McClain. We are not signing a starting caliber CB. We are not signing AP.

To me, the offseason is a failure. The warts of our defense were covered up by Murray and keeping time of possession. That is gone now. Maybe we'll get a good rookie RB, but it's not the same.

We are now signing guys like Jed Collins and Jasper Brinkley. JAGS to fill holes. While our competitors, even the Commanders, are signing starter caliber defenders.

We have a 2 year window and Jerry is acting like he's got 10...

Let’s see 1. Wrong, 2 Wrong, draft is still ahead of the Cowboys so CB is still very possible and 4th your right AP is not coming to Dallas.

Reaction score
Let’s see 1. Wrong, 2 Wrong, draft is still ahead of the Cowboys so CB is still very possible and 4th your right AP is not coming to Dallas.

Fair enough. I'll eat a little crow. Although the Hardy signing is not what I had in mind; it is a one-year rental. Losing Murray and not getting AP still hurts, even if we get a RB in the first 2 rounds. And I still think we should have signed a starting caliber CB early and cut Carr on June 1. I do not like the idea of replacing Carr with a rookie. Even rookies taken at the top of the draft rarely come in and start and play well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'll eat a little crow. Although the Hardy signing is not what I had in mind; it is a one-year rental. Losing Murray and not getting AP still hurts, even if we get a RB in the first 2 rounds. And I still think we should have signed a starting caliber CB early and cut Carr on June 1. I do not like the idea of replacing Carr with a rookie. Even rookies taken at the top of the draft rarely come in and start and play well.

It is a one year based on not knowing what is about to come down from the league office which is why no one else bothered to take him. AP is a 30 year old back this team does not need to go backwards there is young talent out there this is not a 1 year run. As for CB I agree it needs to be addressed but hell the draft is part of the overall process I would say the biggest part of the process. Rookie CB do start in the NFL. Dallas was not going to solve all issue with high priced FA

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hardy = check!
Adrian = check yourself!
McClain = seriously negotiating right now.

This thread has issues....

Updated!!

Hardy = CHECK!
Adrian = check yourself!
McClain = CHECK!

Lolol