FACT -- Our players are STUPID

aikemirv

Reaction score
You let Jenkins do what he does best and we will have a few illegal contact penalties but he will be fine!

I refuse to believe we have cornered the market on the stupid players.

Wade does not hold them responsible for the stupid stuff. (the mistakes are mine stuff was the wrong approach)That was mistake number 1 with this team because they already like to blame one another.

khiladi

Reaction score
aikemirv;2363184 said:
You let Jenkins do what he does best and we will have a few illegal contact penalties but he will be fine!

Exactly... Most issues with good players in the beginning are in just getting use to the game speed and flow. You can't help a player get through this by baby-ing him. You have to let him play....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2363157 said:
Seriously... Every year it is the same BS... Rookie's step in all the time and play. Seattle had CBs off the street against us two years ago and we flat out sucked against them offensively in the play-offs. The Giants lost their starters last year and went on to win the Super Bowl.

It has more to do with philosophy than rookies... They've been playing soft-zone with Henry and Newman... Hell, Henry hasn't been injured this whole year and he is very rarely in man or pressing...

:fact:

aikemirv;2363184 said:

I refuse to believe we have cornered the market on the stupid players.

Wade does not hold them responsible for the stupid stuff. (the mistakes are mine stuff was the wrong approach)That was mistake number 1 with this team because they already like to blame one another.

:fact:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2363149 said:
There's been rookies who were thrown into the fire early on and made it happen. He has had 6 weeks to sit and learn he should be able to play. Being a rookie isn't an excuse for poor play.

Sitting and learning wont do you much good at the cornerback position.

Its one of the 2 or 3 hardest positions to step into as a Rookie.

Experience is the only thing that will help this guy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2363262 said:
Sitting and learning wont do you much good at the cornerback position.

Its one of the 2 or 3 hardest positions to step into as a Rookie.

Experience is the only thing that will help this guy.

Those are a lot of excuses. I'm not saying their shouldn't be any growing pains however compared to some rookies at his position he has had a nice ride. He can't even come in and step up.....It's inexcusable.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
An example of the stupidity of the coaching staff and of the team....

Patrick Crayton STILL holding the ball like a grapefruit in traffic......it's a joke! Is the guy allergic to genuine leather???

Why doesn't Wade just tell him to sit down until he decides to start tucking the ball away????

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2363293 said:
An example of the stupidity of the coaching staff and of the team....

Patrick Crayton STILL holding the ball like a grapefruit in traffic......it's a joke! Is the guy allergic to genuine leather???

Why doesn't Wade just tell him to sit down until he decides to start tucking the ball away????

Thats on Wade not crayton. Wade should sit down and take a seat not Crayton.....

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2363301 said:
Thats on Wade not crayton. Wade should sit down and take a set not Crayton.....

I agree...but someone needs to do something to change his awful habit. There is so much stupidity going on it's ridiculous.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2363315 said:
I agree...but someone needs to do something to change his awful habit. There is so much stupidity going on it's ridiculous.

But mistakes are on wade. So if a player is fundamental flawed its Wades fault don't blame the player blame Wade.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2363128 said:
Jenkins is a 1st round pick no need to baby him.

But he is a rook, no need for people to think hes gonna learn all the nuances of being a shut down corner after 7 games either. IMO the rooks can skate on this issue for now, this year at least.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2363414 said:
But he is a rook, no need for people to think hes gonna learn all the nuances of being a shut down corner after 7 games either. IMO the rooks can skate on this issue for now, this year at least.

I disagree. There is no skating because he is a rookie. I know he wasn't going to be a shut down corner but he could/should be doing a lot better.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2363417 said:
I disagree. There is no skating because he is a rookie. I know he wasn't going to be a shut down corner but he could/should be doing a lot better.

Disagree all you want but Ill give the 2 rook CB's the benefit of the doubt for now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2363414 said:

Its just common sense that a rookie Corner, QB, and WR are going to struggle most of the time.

If he doesn't get that than fine.

I remember Champ Baileys 1st game.. Aikman to Ismail.. BALLGAME

You don't want a Rookie Corner on the field unless you have to. Regardless of what round you get him in.

But playing time will only make him better but he is still going to make you scratch your head a lot.

Hes still shown flashes and IMO made the best play out of any of our DB's this year when he batted that pass down against Philly.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Romo - Wouldn't call him this if he would just learn how to protect the ball.
I'll take Romo and his to's because I know he'll give us a chance to win @ the end of the game!

Witten - Great player that can not figured out what an illegal formation is. Has been getting these penalties for years.
The penalty he got against the Rams was bs! He was set and wasn't moving forward. Not to mention he's the best in the business!

Adams - No Comment needed.
He's looked bad the past couple of weeks, but there aren't too many LTs I'd take instead of Flo. I bet Romo appreciates him (most of the time ;) )!

Gurode - No Comment needed.
Ehh...He needs to step it up, but I wouldn't "dump" him.

James - Not sure if he's dumb or just not really that good. Most likely a bit of both.
I'm not impressed by him either. I'm sure we could find another ILB to equal or surpass his production.

The entire secondary minus Newman. - How many times have we seen them confused as to where they are supposed to be lined up this year? Even worst is they insane amount of times they blow their coverage year in year out.

Henry is playing like he's replaceable and the SS spot is as iffy as it's been since Woody retired but I'd keep our young CBs and Hammer and tell Camps and Phillips to trust them to play more aggressively before I trash them completely.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Romo adds to the stupidity by telling the bucs he won't play on Sunday.

links18

Reaction score
Rampage;2366464 said:
Romo adds to the stupidity by telling the bucs he won't play on Sunday.

It doesn't matter, because you don't need to game plan for BJ very much.....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2366584 said:
It doesn't matter, because you don't need to game plan for BJ very much.....
but they would for Tony. now they know he's not playing.