Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

visionary

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?

no faith

was thinking about this

what will tell me early in the game if the team is ready to play?

it will be the early returns on our run game
Our OL is supposed to be our strength and we play well when the run game is clocking
Their DL is their strength

If we can come out and establish the run early and our OL is dominating their DL, then they’re ready

otherwise, it will be a long day

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

No faith, but they did turn it around last year.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lets say, I use to commit probably 80% of my emotion into this team. Now probably 20%. Faith my ***, if yer house is burning better get that hose out and wait for reinforcement.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Garrett still the coach? No faith ....going on a decade straight

phildadon86

Reaction score

I have faith in this team to win in spite of Garrett. Only way that happens is if Moore calls Jerry and says let me do my work and get this guy outta my ear. On top of that. I dont know if I want to win or not. I kind of want to lose at this point to get this guy out of here finally. I am salivating at the thought of Lincoln Riley coaching this team, especially this offense. So I dont realy know what I am to answer your question

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I think the wheels are about to come off. By season's end this preseason SB contending team could very well be at or under .500 combined last three seasons.

shabazz

Reaction score
We go 8-8, miss the playoffs, sign Dakota to a 35Mil a year contract and wander in the wilderness for the next 5 years

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score

I think the Eagles game will be the tell. Practically, speaking both teams have to have this one. The team that wins will be in a good position despite the inconsistency of their play this season. The team that loses will find it difficult to recover, I think.

Surely appears the NFC East could be taken by a team that wins 9 games, maybe 10. I don't think the division will yield a Wild Card. On paper, the Cowboys have a difficult schedule, but as we've seen, paper isn't worth much.

Frankly, I wouldn't surprised if the Cowboys win a close won, lose a close one or get beaten badly. The only outcome that would surprise me -- an easy Dallas win.

Sydla

Reaction score
no faith

was thinking about this

what will tell me early in the game if the team is ready to play?

it will be the early returns on our run game
Our OL is supposed to be our strength and we play well when the run game is clocking
Their DL is their strength

If we can come out and establish the run early and our OL is dominating their DL, then they’re ready

otherwise, it will be a long day

Are you really expecting an OL that might not have Smith or Collins to come out and dominate their DL?

I am not trying to make that as an excuse here, because excuses are weak at this point. But I am also not going to ignore reality here. I think if this team is going to win on Sunday, it's going to be on the backs of Prescott rebounding after three so-so weeks. The way to beat Philly is through the air, not on the ground. If we try to run it 35 times up the gut at these guys with this OL, there is zero chance we win IMO.

They are going to have to pass in order to make Elliott effective, IMO. Now if we had Collins and Smith and everyone was healthy? We are talking a different thing here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I have faith....with our backs to the wall....stuck in a hole of our own digging.....and with all the noise coming from outside......we get up......we saddle up.......and we
:thumbup:KICK THEIR FEATHERED ***:thumbup:

JBS

Reaction score
Faith in what? Winning on Sunday? Who cares?

Winning the division? Who cares?

Winning 1 playoff game? Who cares?

I have all the confidence in the world and a lengthy track record of history to back me up that this team cannot accomplish the goals just about every single person on this board set out to achieve prior to the season starting....and that was an appearance in the nfccg at a minimum..

Yeah, that isn't happening...I'm very confident that it isn't happening..

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
short term = no clue, they pulled themselves out of a hole last season, but the defense was playing lights out. this season both sides of the ball are trash, so probably lean towards implosion

long term = super duper bearish. this franchise has not sniffed even the NFC Champ game in decades

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don’t think the season can be saved. We needed to come out of the “easy” part of the schedule (first 8 games) 6-2 or 5-3. Instead it’ll probably be 4-4 and end the game on a 3-5 or 2-6 slide. Not bad enough to get a top tier draft pick but not good enough to make the playoffs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I will have faith unless we lose this game. Then I will watch and wait and they would have to suck me back in with about 7 wins straight.