Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

Noclaf

Reaction score
I absolutely think this team is about to fall apart, I have no faith at all

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?
I truly believe that w/o some major changes, this team is what it's record says it is, a .500 team.

The D has been exposed. W/o changes, they'll keep getting gashed, often at the worst times.

efh313

Reaction score
I have faith that a Garrett run team will fail to do the logical thing.

So let’s examine:
Logically: A healthier Eagles team will dominate an injury ridden, on their heels Cowboys, making it obvious to everyone i slicing JJ that change will happen, probably post season but WILL happen.

Therefore: Cowboys will eek out a close win or maybe even dominate in an uncharacteristic way giving Garrett the breathing room he needs and the fan base cringes going into a bye week.

And perhaps the worst part is that I really don’t know which outcome I’d prefer but I believe I’m leaning towards the loss... which makes me kinda sad.

:(

Blake

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbyIWisqz5n2FEiYf6klbMJ42hzMUevawTaRX6ZSqm6aK05Hdk

Well you beat me to it. That band marks the transition phase of hair metal to grunge. They had elements of both.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly believe that w/o some major changes, this team is what it's record says it is, a .500 team.

The D has been exposed. W/o changes, they'll keep getting gashed, often at the worst times.

I don't even see them as a true .500 team at this point.

The three wins they did get were against the worst teams in the league.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well you beat me to it. That band marks the transition phase of hair metal to grunge. They had elements of both.
Mike Patton was one of my favorite artists.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Players can get it together by getting healthy, physically peaking, or just polish up their game. Coaches on the other hand don't suddenly go from a poor Xs and Os guy to a master tactician. I'm definitely feeling bearish.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But hey, they didn't sweep all the bad teams, they lost to the 0-4 Jets, so keep your chin up.

kskboys

Reaction score

There are more patsies who aren't good/smart enough to exploit our weak DFront. (SEA, last year in playoffs, for example).

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don’t know. This is as bad as I’ve felt as a fan. On par with the Dez catch.

I’m numb.

DaveRowe

Reaction score
I have no faith in the Jones, Garrett or the Prima Donnas that play for Dallas. I do have faith in the Dallas Cowboy fans.

dckid

Reaction score

No faith at all.

This team has not been relevant for over two decades so just stop pretending and fooling yourselves. Yes I will give you Jerry has a formula for being ~.500 we are no longer in the Dave Campo era where 5 wins seemed like an accomplishment.
Jerry is happy if we go 7-9 to 9-7 that means we will be tantalizing enough to be talked about every week. Reporters will ask him about firing coaches, his face will be plastered on Fox NFL Sunday and two Sunday night games. Their week 17 game will get flexed because they will be fighting for a playoff spot.
Winning does not mean anything to Jerry. Judge a person by their actions not by what they say.
What has Jerry done to make you believe he cares about winning as his top priority? The Cowboys could do zero marketing, zero promotion and still make more money than almost any team in the league. The Star & reputation was built because
of
Playing in 8 of the first 30 Super Bowls.
21 consecuitive .500 and above seasons 1965-1985
Staubach, Dorsett, Doomsday, Landry ... to JJ, Triplets, memorable games..
Ice bowl, Steeler SB's, 5 SB appearances in the 70's, the Catch, Herschel, Jerry buying the team, Jimmy Johnson turning the league on its ear, coming back to prominence in the 90's.

What have we done since all of the above?
Losing to Arizona in 1998
Losing to Seattle, Giants, Vikings, Packers twice?

The Cowboys have not been to a championship game since the 1995 season. Let that sink in for a minute. We are an organization of mediocrity

Shane612

Reaction score
They've been mediocre so long that it's firmly embedded in their DNA.
To fix it, they need:
New GM...a REAL GM.
New headcoach...a REAL HEADCOACH
New players....get rid of all current players, and start over, like an expansion team.

ICP

Reaction score
Well they did do it last year but it took a first round pick and a soft schedule. I don't think they give up another first rounder and the schedule definately isn't soft so......

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have 37.6% faith the team will turn it around and make the playoffs. I have 0% faith the team can make a deep playoff run.

dckid

Reaction score

Copied this from another thread, but I feel it is relevant. We are going nowhere really fast.

Even if we are 100% healthy, we cannot beat
NO - Payton playing chess, Garrett cannot even count to 10
GB- Rodgers.. come on??
Seattle- We did it last year, so maybe we have a chance.
SF-their Dline and Running would destroy us.
Minnesota- Get real. No way
Chicago- Khalil Mack kill us
Carolina- No way.

Yes I can see us winning against one of these teams, but no way we beat three of these and then play in the SB

So what are we doing here? I would immediately fire JG, let Richard run the team. See if he can light a fire under them. There is no point throwing good money after bad.
We have some good talent, but we never addressed our Dline. Once teams get tape on you.. (Rams division game) you have to actually stop the run.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I’m in the no faith camp. I’m usually guilty of being too optimistic in overcoming the shortcomings of a Jason Garrett squad. I just don’t feel like a silver lining is coming this year.

The schedule is getting tougher than the Jets soon. Even if we were to pull a win out against Philly. I can see us losing to the Giants right after and certainly New England. Then we’d be back at sub .500 too.

The defensive line is way under performing based on what we were lead to believe was vastly improved both performance and depth wise. The linebackers that were the best tandem in the NFL last year look like a pair of Bobby Carpenters now. We lost our one defensive tackle that offered consistency and that’s not saying much. Our secondary is getting hit with injuries and Heath is still playing single high safety. If that isn’t enough, Cooper our lone weapon on offense is banged up.

By the time the “process” of getting us to execute happens we will be 2 or 3 games below .500 and it won’t matter anyhow. We’ll just be ruining out draft position spot by then.

The coaching staff has way over stayed it’s welcome. Rod’s ruined enough drafts with his “can’t miss” picks to set the defense back 3 years to right his wrongs with Taco and Hill. We go too cheap in free agency to help offset and prefer to save up out cap space to pay 40M for our 25M QB. At the rate we are going this offseason Hill may be given a Aaron Donald contract because of potential to execute.

It’s becoming a waste of breath but even though safety wouldn’t matter as much with our putrid pass rush, we still need an upgrade. A legit upgrade. Not a George Iloka type one, a bona fide leader. That can tackle because someone has to when a running back busts through out dl and lbs

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
That the 'Boys went on a tear last year in the 2nd half has no bearing on what will happen this year.
Like others on here this looks to me like an 8-8 team at best, maybe worse. The defense has been a huge disappointment & the offense doesn't even show up until after halftime.
If this isn't enough for JJ to fire Garrett we can look forward to 5 or more years of the same.