Fake Cowboys fans

kskboys

Reaction score
Who are you to judge? I have been a Dallas fan for over 45 years. Dak has never been a great QB in college and with the exception of his rookie year, he has not been a good QB in the pros. Time will tell and you will cry when you see the future of the subpar QB.
You should have read the whole thread!!!!

I was simply throwing a ridiculous idea back in the OP's face.

kskboys

Reaction score
No fake fans are fans of teams only when the sun is shinning. Real fans are fans of teams regardless ....rain or shine. Real fans show up and support when team is going thru rough times. Diehards they call them. Hard to kill.

That's a real fan.

You can hate Jason Garrett as HC but love the star.

You can hate Jerry Jones as GM but love the star.

If your love for the Star is altered because of someone the franchise hired your fanship was easy to kill. Not diehard.
Well said.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DEz didnt mesh well with Dak(everyones numbers were down) , gets cut and now the cowboys fans hate him. I guess if Dak gets too one day, those same people defending him will hate him.
They all look like blind robots who only see a jersey. You dont watch what the players actually do. As long as they have a star, you like them. I love this team and have for almost 30 years, but I watch and love the players we've had. If those players leave the team, id still love them for their greatness.
I don’t think there is a “Cowboys fan” problem. Thankfully, there are more than one flavor of fan opinion than vanilla. Some love Dak, some can’t wait to see him gone, and some degrees in between.

What I think is a problem is this: Some fans thinking their opinion is right, and anyone who doesn’t share that opinion is an idiot. That’s the problem, not fans having occasionally different opinions. On most issues discussed here, “being right” is a silly thing to get caught up in. At least IMO, LOL.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t think there is a “Cowboys fan” problem. Thankfully, there are more than one flavor of fan opinion than vanilla. Some love Dak, some can’t wait to see him gone, and some degrees in between.

What I think is a problem is this: Some fans thinking their opinion is right, and anyone who doesn’t share that opinion is an idiot. That’s the problem, not fans having occasionally different opinions. On most issues discussed here, “being right” is a silly thing to get caught up in. At least IMO, LOL.
Yup. I'm always sad if a player turns out to be less than stellar. I thought the Esco pick was the dumbest pick we've ever made, but at the same time I was hoping I was wrong. Same w/ Mo and Chaz Green. I wanted desperately to be wrong on those.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. I'm always sad if a player turns out to be less than stellar. I thought the Esco pick was the dumbest pick we've ever made, but at the same time I was hoping I was wrong. Same w/ Mo and Chaz Green. I wanted desperately to be wrong on those.
Yeah, I learned a long time ago, my first allegiance was to the Star, not any individual player. I want all Cowboys players to be good. Some will and some won’t. Some stay, most go pretty quickly. As long as they’re here, they are worthy of my support. Once gone, I may respect that guy, but I rarely miss them.

Thirty years ago before FA, you could get attached to players more easily because players didn’t move much in those days. Those days are long gone. It’s one of several reasons I don’t ever buy a jersey.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I hear ya......I actually like it when posters from other teams come in to talk football, but they could atleast support their own team and not come in hiding behind the team that they're trolling that is as weak of a fan there is IMO.

I guess some people are worried they will get banned ? Or maybe they cant handle the flack they get for being an outside teams fan. The ban is BS because as long as your respectful and not a troll you are fine . The flack thing is BS too ... most boards I go on there are maybe a handful that cant handle me being a Eagles fan and get pissy. I like the ones that try to bait me so I get the ban hammer

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I guess some people are worried they will get banned ? Or maybe they cant handle the flack they get for being an outside teams fan. The ban is BS because as long as your respectful and not a troll you are fine . The flack thing is BS too ... most boards I go on there are maybe a handful that cant handle me being a Eagles fan and get pissy. I like the ones that try to bait me so I get the ban hammer
Naa, you'll be good here, the mods and admin are pretty lenient unless it gets totally out of hand and actually contribute in the threads......you seem like you just like talking football.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I just look at it tho way. Dez was an elite receiver for years: he made the all pro team. In 15 he got hurt. In 16 he got hurt, but in the last month of the year, he was dominant. Not looking st numbers, just watching him play. He killed the packers, Steelers and eagles. He played good against the Vikings. 80 yards, but dak barely completed any passes: the next year dez and EVERY receivers numbers went down. Dez took the blame.

His contract made him the natural target/scapegoat, being one of the highest paid players on the team, with down results. I have to admit, his behavior in the Seattle game probably had a lot to do with why he's not here today.

However, with the kind of game Linehan was calling that day, I wasn't as shocked/disgusted as most people by it, and calling for his head. But, I do understand that there are a lot of people within the organization, and fans that wanted him to be held accountable for that, regardless of circumstances. But hey, I'm a guy that's been accused of being too lenient on my kids in the past..etc.etc....So maybe, it was the right move?

Last edited:

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Well said.
I was a fan for almost 30 years. I was there when Quincy Carter took over and the salary cap was terrible because we were paying retired players. I saw Troy Hambrick start a whole season and still supported this team while living in PHILLY.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I never wanted the Cowboys to draft Dez because of is immaturity. He grew on me with what I was told was his passion for the game. But over time I realized he was just being a cry baby about not getting the ball. All the great WRs want the ball, and Dez was a great WR, but he’s not anymore and his antics obviously upset the team. You can just watch the body language of the other players when Dez was going off on the sidelines last year and you knew there were issues with it for others and it was causing chemistry issues with Dak. I hope he does well where ever he goes but I’m glad the cancer has been removed.
Again, EVERY receiver's numbers were down in 2017. Was that Dez's fault too? WAs it DEz's fault when Dak threw a pass over Zekes head and it was intercepted?

kskboys

Reaction score
I was a fan for almost 30 years. I was there when Quincy Carter took over and the salary cap was terrible because we were paying retired players. I saw Troy Hambrick start a whole season and still supported this team while living in PHILLY.
That's nice dear.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't dislike Dez at all. I do think he allows his emotions to get the better of him at times and loses focus. I wish him the best unless he ends up with an NFC East foe then of course he becomes the enemy lol. As for the current group I hope to see Dak spread the ball around and not feel as he has to force balls to 1 WR, I think last season Dak felt he had to get Dez involved to keep Dez focused and in doing so was forcing balls he did not need to force.

GMO415

Reaction score
Pearson and Irvin seemed happy to move on to the next 88.... hahaha

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
DEz didnt mesh well with Dak(everyones numbers were down) , gets cut and now the cowboys fans hate him. I guess if Dak gets too one day, those same people defending him will hate him.
They all look like blind robots who only see a jersey. You dont watch what the players actually do. As long as they have a star, you like them. I love this team and have for almost 30 years, but I watch and love the players we've had. If those players leave the team, id still love them for their greatness.

internet-troll-20110516-102141.jpg

Xelda

Reaction score
With that avatar, I knew you weren't going to be easy to run off. As long as you drink the complementary coffee and stay away from the donuts, we'll be ok.

TooTall22

Reaction score
I'm a fan, but not a delusional fan. Just because someone plays for the Cowboys doesn't mean I like them. Of course I was happy when Dez would make a big play, but I was never a fan of his. Played with, and coached many with the same sideline demeanor. I have no patience for that. My favorite player of all time? Jason Witten followed closely by Randy White and Demarcus Ware. Not difficult to see the difference between those 3 and Dez.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I love great players that have played for the Cowboys. But when they no longer play for the boys, who cares. I will always appreciate and respect what they did but I don't know them, we aren't hanging out, so if they aren't helping my team win games, they are useless. I loved Troy, ES and 88, Have much respect for what they did while on the boys. But if they all vanished tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Same with Romo, and the same will be for Witten. I don't consider Dez a great player, so I really don't care about hearing, seeing or watching him ever again.