muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Other things Failcons fans think:
Steve Bartkowski is a god
They actually had a rivalry with the 49ers in the 80's and 90's
They actually had a rivalry with the Saints since then
Matty Ice is better than Romo
Their pride and joy of the franchise is still Deion Sanders(Should be Nobis)
Roddy White is still awesome
Peaches are the favorite fruit of the magnited states of the U.S. Americas
When is William Andrews going into the HOF? ***!
Souljah Girl threatening old ladies is "just how it is"
Tony Gonzalez will remember himself as a Failcon
They won a Super Bowl at sometime. Must have, Deion got it for them.
MC Hammer greatest rapper of all time! We will fight Hayword CA for his kingdom!

Last edited by a moderator:

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
The problem with that stupid logic is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time in Dan Marino never won a championship. In other sports like basketball guys like Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, etc never won titles either and were still considered all time greats in their respective sports.

Football is the ultimate team sport even moreso than basketball. A quarterback can't just win it by himself so why should he be judged on whether he won a title or not? There's so many things that come into play. Stability within the coaching staff. Having the right offensive coordinator to utilize said QB's skillset. Reliable recievers who can run the proper routes, get separation, and make clutch catches when you need it most. I mean how many times has a receiver ran the wrong route and screwed Romo over and every one killed him when in reality the turnover was the recievers fault? I've lost count. The offensive line. Pass protection and being able to open up holes for backs and thus take pressure of the QB. When has Romo ever had a consistent offensive line prior to last year? Early in his career they were okay, but got old awfully quick. The 2009 playoff game against Minnesota that showed itself and yet Dallas neglected to improved the OL until they started with the drafting of Tyron Smith in 2010. You can't allow your QB to get hit and hit and be surprised when he has a lot of turnovers and with that said Romo was never amongst the top in interceptions with the exception of 2012 and 2007.

What about defense? As they say defense wins championships. People used to put Eli over Romo and what did he have over Romo? A defense. They had argurably the best defensive line in football both Super Bowl runs. As we all know that's where games are won. In the trenches and the Giants were almost always superior. The Cowboys had an all time great in DeMarcus Ware for years, but he often was worn out in the fourth quarter of games because we never had a consistent secondary pass rusher and certainly not a rotation of pass rushers to get Ware some rest and save him for the end of games. You see that with Seattle and the Cowboys appear to finally have that once Hardy and Gregory return. Look at last year. Romo was damn near perfect against Green Bay and the defense couldn't get any pressure on a hobbled Aaron Rodgers and that's why they lost, but yet somehow Romo still gets the blame.

I agree with everything you said.

It's just that the vast majority of people do not and feel as if championships are an individual accomplishment when it comes to QBs. Whether it's fair or not to judge a QB based on rings, the reality is that most people use that as a measuring stick for QBs.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their only weapon on offense (allbeit a pretty good one) is Julio and their defense gave up 24 points to the Eagles. It could be another ugly low scoring affair.

Tevin Coleman is a weapon. We are lucky he is out a few weeks. He's dangerous and was playing very well before he busted up his ribs.

Slashar00

Reaction score
Comparison of their careers ...

Matt Ryan's best year: 99.1 rating, 4719 yards, 32tds, 14ints, 7.7avg

Tony Romo's worst year: 90.5 rating, 4903 yards, 28tds, 19ints, 7.6avg

Even Romo's worst year is comparable to Ryan's best. If Romo woke up one day with Matt Ryan's stats, he'd jump off a cliff and kill himself.

With that said, I think Ryan is a good QB. He's only 30 and will continue to play like a struggling Tony Romo for many years to come.

windjc

Reaction score
Comparison of their careers ...

Matt Ryan's best year: 99.1 rating, 4719 yards, 32tds, 14ints, 7.7avg

Tony Romo's worst year: 90.5 rating, 4903 yards, 28tds, 19ints, 7.6avg

Even Romo's worst year is comparable to Ryan's best. If Romo woke up one day with Matt Ryan's stats, he'd jump off a cliff and kill himself.

With that said, I think Ryan is a good QB. He's only 30 and will continue to play like a struggling Tony Romo for many years to come.

LOL

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Deion Sanders and Bret Favre were originally Falcons that they let get away. I don't worship in the house of Falcons. Is their trophy case any better than philly's? Why would I care what Falcon fans believe? They like Ryan , they can keep him and we keep Romo and harmony persists in the world.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ryan is better than Romo. Lmao, and gosselin is a straight up idiot.
Here is a post from that thread,
" True or false,

Jerry Jones would trade Tony Romo plus a 1st round pick for Matt Ryan. Before the most recent injury. I say true"

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...ny-romo-complete-with-playoff-failures/page-1

Given time, Ryan is as good as anyone. He certainly has a better arm. But Romo has that savvy in the pocket that Ryan will never have. Both are very accurate. Given the current state of the line and the age of Romo and Ryan, I would definitely trade them straight up no problem. A first round pick? I would probably do it. Ryan will be good for another 7 or 8 years. Romo, maybe 2 or 3.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Ryan is a good QB and just as good as Romo. The difference imo is that in order for Ryan to be a good to great qb, everything needs to go right from the snap to the throw. If anything doesn't go as planned, he doesn't have the ability to improvise something out of nothing. Romo does.

The Falcon fans are horrible, they were talking like this last year when they beat the Saints about how great Matt Ryan is, how Julio is, can play with anyone etc. Then that tune changed when it seemed like they could only beat teams within their conference. That is what they do. The reality is that they say that we could of been 1-1 but they should have been 0-2 if it weren't for some breaks to come their way and Parker inability to catch a pass.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
MC Hammer greatest rapper of all time! We will fight Hayword CA for his kingdom!

Ha ha! Very clever. May I add they also

Have to accept Evander Holyfield is "the father of their city"
Think they can switch the channel to TBS and still see Bobby Cox in the dugout leading them to a playoff series loss
Take more pride in Spud Webb and Dominique winning Dunk Contests then NBA Championships
Can't understand why Steve Harvey didn't win an Emmy for Family Feud
Have had to accept that Danny White to Drew Pearson will forever be their "Catch"

Junglist

Reaction score
I get their confidence about the game, but we have both beaten the same teams. We beat the eagles in a much more convincing fashion. It'll be close, no matter who wins. I'm not that confident, but maybe we can win by winning the turnover battle. Our running game (o-line), needs to take a big leap.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'll cut the Falcons fans a little slack, because it is very confusing and frustrating living in a city in which almost all of the streets are named "Peachtree".

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

Well - Ryan is better than Romo, at least for the next 8 weeks!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What do you expect Falcon fans to say? Certainly not saying Ryan is better than Romo but he did get the Falcons to a title game a few years ago and played very well but their defense folded vs SF.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Exactly. How many fans of the Dirty Birds were drunk before hand?

It's not even close. Matty Lite Weight isn't even in the same class as Romo.
Ryan is a very good QB and but to compare him to Romo, is like apples to oranges it's somewhat natural for fans of their respective teams to say that their QB, is better than the other one in this case Romo does more for his team than Ryan does. He's not playing this weekend and the Falcons and their fans know this and one of my good Facebook friends who is a Falcons fan guarantee a win against the "cowboys" because of Weeden being the starter" his words and I'm like that is exactly how I want you and your team to think their in for a shock this isn't Wade Phillips' Dallas Cowboys their playing Go Blue.