Falcons hire Raheem Morris as HC

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The disrespect for Bill Belichick blows my mind, almost every team in the league goes through a rebuild after they lose a franchise QB.

Saying he can't win without Brady is silly when his QB is Mac Jones or worse.

I will say he hasn't drafted well, but he also went on record saying he doesn't need full control. Sticking with McCarthy and passing on him is laughable.
He sabotaged his own team too.. he could have gotten more for Garrapolo in that trade to San Fran and chose to put Jimmy's landing spot over his own team's best interest.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I think the Rams get an extra 3rd round comp pick for this, right? I think the rule says the team a minority is hired from into a HC or executive position gets compensated rather than the team doing the hiring. Is that right?
Yes that's right. So all of those belly aching about it can stop crying and accusing the Falcons of making a poor hire because of some agenda just because they don't like a rule.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Atlanta took the cowards way out and hired JAG.
No, the cowardly way would be to do what everyone wants you to do. It takes real leadership to make a decision that you think best fits what you want to do regardless of what others think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, the cowardly way would be to do what everyone wants you to do. It takes real leadership to make a decision that you think best fits what you want to do regardless of what others think.
If that's leadership, I'll eat my hat. Let's see how you feel about this hire in a year or two. After he's fired . What makes u think he won't fail again? Your take is unfounded and a bit weird. Blinders on.

Reactions: JPM

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
If that's leadership, I'll eat my hat. Let's see how you feel about this hire in a year or two. After he's fired . What makes u think he won't fail again? Your take is unfounded and a bit weird. Blinders on.
I'm not playing the result. Whether it works out or not, it would be cowardly to just fold to public pressure, not the other way around.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe I'm nuts, but if I have the guy that has several rings in my building, who is begging to be hired, you hire him. Leadership would have been Mr. Blank over ruling the inmates and hiring him. If they don'tike it, pink slip them. What have they done to put a winner on the field as is? McKay has hardly righted the ship there . Blank made a major error.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes that's right. So all of those belly aching about it can stop crying and accusing the Falcons of making a poor hire because of some agenda just because they don't like a rule.
I does seem odd to me that the hiring team does not get compensated. But I can see the logic of both arguments.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I does seem odd to me that the hiring team does not get compensated. But I can see the logic of both arguments.
Maybe a little weird. I think they are trying to get the pool of candidates diverse and not a bunch of sham 1 year hires for draft picks.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
The disrespect for Bill Belichick blows my mind, almost every team in the league goes through a rebuild after they lose a franchise QB.

Saying he can't win without Brady is silly when his QB is Mac Jones or worse.

I will say he hasn't drafted well, but he also went on record saying he doesn't need full control. Sticking with McCarthy and passing on him is laughable.
Bill is a poor judge of offensive talent

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Maybe I'm nuts, but if I have the guy that has several rings in my building, who is begging to be hired, you hire him. Leadership would have been Mr. Blank over ruling the inmates and hiring him. If they don'tike it, pink slip them. What have they done to put a winner on the field as is? McKay has hardly righted the ship there . Blank made a major error.
Bill not poop without tom

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bill not poop without tom
and thats valid too. But what if he has a decent QB and the tools he needs? ATL has the running back, the TE, and a few nice pieces defensively. But a nice foundation. He can solidify that. Too late now. The Raheem Morris hire feels like a try hard reach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
2 years or less, Falcons will realize the mistake and fire him.