Falcons hire Raheem Morris as HC

khiladi

Reaction score
I guess they wiped the internet footage from
his Tampa Bay HC efforts and the 4-7 as interim in, Atlanta!?! Weird hire. Shouldn't they know already?

By the way, Bill in Washington would be the
perfect "Odd Couple". Might just work.
Apparently, Blank’s right hand man is Rich McCay, who gave Raheem his first coaching job in 2003 with Tampa Bay. They go way back. BB would have stripped McCay of power and influence. Raheem on the other hand won’t.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Apparently, Blank’s right hand man is Rich McCay, who gave Raheem his first coaching job in 2003 with Tampa Bay. They go way back. BB would have stripped McCay of power and influence. Raheem on the other hand won’t.
I understand. Well put.
The thing is, Morris was 21-38 as HC and never
finished higher than 3rd (once) in his division in nearly
4 seasons. They hired (rehired) a proven loser.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
down to Seattle and Carolina for Bill? did I miss some team?

wonder if Bill brought Brady with him to the interviews and said this will be my qb, would this help him?
Considering that we beat Brady in the playoffs last year, proves that he should've retired before then, given our ineptness in the playoffs.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He looks so sad in that pic, did he sell his Home Depot shares recently or something?

Aven8

Reaction score

If I’m Jerry I’m on the phone secretly with Bill and Vrabel as we speak courting them to take over here. What a combo that would be. Bill and Will could work together on the players he wants.

Forneymike

Reaction score
We might end up with either BB or Vrabel as our DC if Quinn leaves.
So he wants complete control of the organization, more than the GM but would be willing to subordinate himself to Mike McCarthy and be a DC. Say that out loud and see if it makes sense.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The disrespect for Bill Belichick blows my mind, almost every team in the league goes through a rebuild after they lose a franchise QB.

Saying he can't win without Brady is silly when his QB is Mac Jones or worse.

I will say he hasn't drafted well, but he also went on record saying he doesn't need full control. Sticking with McCarthy and passing on him is laughable.

Creeper

Reaction score
Belichick is not going to take just any HC jobs out there. He is going to look for one where he can succeed quickly. He just left a team with no QB, he is not going to a team with QB issues. He already said he is looking at an underperforming team, which I think means a team with talent that needs a little boost. It was, IMO a huge hint to Jerry. But I don't think Jerry would hire Belichick because it would take the spot light off Jerry. If Jerry were to hire Belichick, and he were to win a Super Bowl in Dallas, everyone will give BB the credit. No one is going to credit JJ. When the Cowboys finally win, if that ever happens, Jerry wants it on his tombstone that he was the reason, not the coach.

Creeper

Reaction score
From what I have heard/read

**Vrabel is a control freak with poor interpersonal issues
**BB has quite of few strict conditions he would consider ( city, owner, GM, QB ). Notice only one team bothered to interview him.
Belichick can afford to be picky. He already has a HoF resume. Now he want a team he can win with immediately. He is not joining any circus acts.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the Rams get an extra 3rd round comp pick for this, right? I think the rule says the team a minority is hired from into a HC or executive position gets compensated rather than the team doing the hiring. Is that right?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Belichick can afford to be picky. He already has a HoF resume. Now he want a team he can win with immediately. He is not joining any circus acts.
No he can not......according to an article I just read a few hours ago, he wanted Blank to strip team president Rich McCay of any power over football operations. McCay has been Blank's right-hand man since 2003. Notice after his Falcon interview, no other team even called for an interview. Probably why he wanted the Dallas job........he gets to deal directly with Jerry

Creeper

Reaction score
No he can not......according to an article I just read a few hours ago, he wanted Blank to strip team president Rich McCay of any power over football operations. McCay has been Blank's right-hand man since 2003. Notice after his Falcon interview, no other team even called for an interview. Probably why he wanted the Dallas job........he gets to deal directly with Jerry

My point is, he doesn't need a job. He has nothing to prove. Only Belichick can set condition like he reportedly has. I am pretty sure he is not regretting not getting the Atlanta job. If he never coaches again, I am sure he will be fine with it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My point is, he doesn't need a job. He has nothing to prove. Only Belichick can set condition like he reportedly has. I am pretty sure he is not regretting not getting the Atlanta job. If he never coaches again, I am sure he will be fine with it.
I agree he probably fine never coaching again but from my understanding, there are only 2, maybe 3 teams that could meet his demands based on the way they are structured. It appears he has no desire to work under a conventional GM.