Falcons ST coach should be fired

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did nobody on the Falcon hands team not know they could touch the ball????

Wow. Thanks!
That was a pretty bad look for them. The local press will hammer them good this week especially since they are now 0-2.

TWOK11

Reaction score
They didn’t think it would go 10 yards, which if you’re confident in that why risk touching it and making it a live ball?

The problem with that is the ball was clearly going to eventually make it ten yards with the momentum it had. They simply misjudged it, no other way to say it. But there is no way an NFL hands team doesn’t know the rules.

aria

Reaction score
If you didn't want me to talk to you about pressure, why'd you respond to my post? :huh:

Second, there are different types of pressure.

Third, you TRAINED to be a paramedic, so you are prepared for the pressure your job entails because of your TRAINING. Thank you for making my point. :)
So you’re telling me that these millionaire divas aren’t TRAINED to catch balls that hit them in the hands?

cern

Reaction score
Why do we care about Falcons st coach. I don't. Muchas gracias, pendejo.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I’ll take luck to get a win. We’ve been on the short end of the stick many times. These aren’t gift wrapped often so I’m running with it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So you’re telling me that these millionaire divas aren’t TRAINED to catch balls that hit them in the hands?
Actually, it didn't hit any Falcon player in the hands.
They failed to cover the live ball.
And seeing how even quarterbacks and running backs, who touch the ball more than anyone, can't always recover fumbles, yes, "millionaire divas" aren't trained to handle fumbles or onside kicks that hit them in the hands.

plymkr

Reaction score
Did they even know what the rules were?
Yeah I've watched that play about 20 times now on Youtube and each time I watch I say to myself, "What are they doing?'. I'm still in shock about the whole game but that play is bizarre. I agree with the OP, that ST coach needs to be fired if they thought they couldn't touch the ball. I'll take it tho, Thanks Falcons.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Did the ST coach make it a point before they went out there. If not why?

I mean, they are professional football players. That’s like saying did somebody remind you to wipe your arse after you use the can as an adult?

cern

Reaction score
It's not that they didn't think they could touch it. They knew it had to go 10 yards before our guys could touch it, and they didn't think it was going to, so they didn't want to risk muffing a ball that was spinning like that. Once it was obvious that it was going to go 10 yards, they should've dove on it before our guys did, but that only gave them a split second, once it kicked into overdrive. At least that's my perception of what happened.
Mine , too.

cern

Reaction score
Lol, millionaires don’t know what 4th graders do?

Pressure? Are you kidding me? I’m a paramedic/ff, do I get to tell someone’s parents that their kid died because I was under pressure and didn’t know what to do.

“I’m sorry m’am, your child died because I was under pressure. I don’t do this too often so I please don't expect me to know what I’m doing.”

Don’t talk to me about me about pressure, especially when it’s catching a f’in football.
What happened to the falcons is what i always tried to explain as the glitch. Especially when describing romo's failings. The falcons over thought the situation. He who hesitates is lost. Make a decision and then live wirh it. Over thinking leads to hesitation.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Honestly there is no way In hell I thought that ball was gonna travel 10 yards.
They prob thought instead of risking items just let the ball stop. Initially I agree with that line of thinking... as the ball gets about 8 yards deep you have to try and at least go after it

amuze

Reaction score
If you can spare a few minutes, watch Quinn's post game. Totally Garrett 2.0. Even though we are far away from Thanksgiving, I'm awfully thankful he's not our coach.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

outside of the obvious, which is it didn’t hit them in the hands, yes, several players on the hands team are in fact not trained to catch the ball.