Falcons ST coach should be fired

Acheman08

Reaction score
i said it in another thread but IMO they didnt think it was going 10 and likely didnt want to risk a fumble by touching it if it didnt. Just a very strange and fortunate play for dallas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Know the rules on special teams! Dallas should never have been allowed to jump on that onside kick.

aria

Reaction score
outside of the obvious, which is it didn’t hit them in the hands, yes, several players on the hands team are in fact not trained to catch the ball.
Then that’s on the coaches. You're telling me the players don’t train for doing on sides kicks by doing drills, knowing the rules, etc?

The coaches just say “hey, you’re on the “hands team, get out there on on sides kicks”. Seems like the “hands” team is quite the misnomer if they don’t train how to recover an onsides kick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zuerlein hit is famous hypnotizing onside kick. Alt was powerless to stop it. lol

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Then that’s on the coaches. You're telling me the players don’t train for doing on sides kicks by doing drills, knowing the rules, etc?

The coaches just say “hey, you’re on the “hands team, get out there on on sides kicks”. Seems like the “hands” team is quite the misnomer if they don’t train how to recover an onsides kick.

So you think #41, Sharrod Neasman, their 5th safety is out there for his hands? How about #87 Jaedan Graham, their second TE? Julio obviously is, as well as Olamide Zaccheaus, but some of these guys are out there for when the ball is bounced in the air to collide with the opposing team. They are there to protect the receivers and running backs. Because if you just stick your RBs and WRs and CBs out there, they'll get run over every time.

There's just nothing to indicate that they didn't know the rule or that they don't do drills. We executed a difficult maneuver and got more than a bit lucky with the bounce. Yes it was helped by the guys who are there as blockers or meat shields did not want to go for the ball while it wobbled like that, but they knew the rule, trust me.

aria

Reaction score
So you think #41, Sharrod Neasman, their 5th safety is out there for his hands? How about #87 Jaedan Graham, their second TE? Julio obviously is, as well as Olamide Zaccheaus, but some of these guys are out there for when the ball is bounced in the air to collide with the opposing team. They are there to protect the receivers and running backs. Because if you just stick your RBs and WRs and CBs out there, they'll get run over every time.

There's just nothing to indicate that they didn't know the rule or that they don't do drills. We executed a difficult maneuver and got more than a bit lucky with the bounce. Yes it was helped by the guys who are there as blockers or meat shields did not want to go for the ball while it wobbled like that, but they knew the rule, trust me.
Brought up some good points I didn’t think about so I concede that part of the argument.

As far as us “executing a difficult maneuver” I think you’re being very generous and over exaggerating. Our guys jumped on a ball because the other team was poorly coached. The kicker may have executed a difficult maneuver but even he was the recipient of horrible coaching and ineptitude.

I really don’t think they knew the rule or they would have jumped on it sooner.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Multiple former players have come out on TV/radio saying the players did what they were all taught - you don't touch the ball before 10 yards.

It's easy to say "just fall on it, game over" until someone tries it, gets hit or the ball squirts free and Dallas recovers. Then he's the biggest idiot for touching the ball.

The way that ball spun at the end was fluky but I'll take it.

J817

Reaction score
I mean, they are professional football players. That’s like saying did somebody remind you to wipe your arse after you use the can as an adult?

Yea but these professional football players didn't wipe their arse. So maybe you have to remind them to sometimes. If not you get what you saw yesterday.