Falcons vs Eagles

gdogg24

Reaction score
Damn it was sad to see Murray on the Eagles tonight, you bring in a dude who was a work horse all last season pay him 42 mil and then proceed to split time with him and two other backs? I get that most teams do the multi back thing but you don't pay a guy like a franchise back and not use him like one.

I mean even before when our O-Line was still in development he looked much better than what I saw tonight. It sucks cause I did like Murray and he fit what we do so well but on the other side man it could end up that Philly blew 42 million on a player that's not suited for what they do (which could contribute to keeping them in the cellar). I think if Murray was here still he would have pulled another 100 yard night yesterday cause what he does and how the system works here it's just a very good example of synergy. I think this is gonna hurt Murray and the Cowboys but we have other ways to make up for what we lose with Murray, for him he might just get completely lost in the shuffle.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
11181723_10156123720080094_8109188396263149201_n.jpg

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
It's a real shame Murray left. He would have had 100+ yards Sunday night.

Bad for the Cowboys, bad for Murray. Lose-lose.

I wish he would have stayed here for a few million a year less. I'm sure he's already regretting his decision, or at least feeling a little uneasy.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Meanwhile, over at Bleeding Green Nation and on the local sports shows, the fans are basically writing this one off and still talking Super Bowl.

Those people are insane. Don't they get it?

You can have the best RB on the planet, but if your OL can't block......

You can have the best QB on the planet, but if your WR's can't get open.....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Meanwhile, over at Bleeding Green Nation and on the local sports shows, the fans are basically writing this one off and still talking Super Bowl.

Ahhhh.... No....
They don't get it.

Wayne02

Reaction score
8 Carries, 9 Yards, ,,,,, Even if he had 3 TD's, who cares....He'll never be remembered as a great football player now. Mark my words...

I don't think he cares, he got paid. I don't know why fans get mad at players who try to get the most money they can in a brutal sport with a short window. Any one of us would have taken the deal that Philly offered him.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I don't think he cares, he got paid. I don't know why fans get mad at players who try to get the most money they can in a brutal sport with a short window. Any one of us would have taken the deal that Philly offered him.

Except Jacksonville was actually offering more than the Eagles or Cowboys.

Murray shunned us to go to one of our most hated rivals.

He could've gone to Jacksonville and gotten the most money from them and yet he chose the Eagles.

Wayne02

Reaction score

He could've gone to Jacksonville and gotten the most money from them and yet he chose the Eagles.

It was still a lot more money than what the Cowboys offered. Philly at least has a shot at the playoffs every year and will have players around him while also getting a substantial pay raise. Yes Jacksonville offered more, but they had nothing else to offer.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Murray will be forgotten in about 3 years. That's what happens.

In the meantime, lets make him fumble a few times on Sunday.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

The receivers can get open....... If the other team is playing zone. Atlanta was playing that cover 3 in the second half and it could be because of fatigue. However, in the first half, it seemed like Philly couldn't create separation.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the Raiders were reportedly offering even more than Jacksonville. And that's a team with a history and a decent young QB in (well, very near) an area that's one of the nicest to live in in the entire US.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The receivers can get open....... If the other team is playing zone. Atlanta was playing that cover 3 in the second half and it could be because of fatigue. However, in the first half, it seemed like Philly couldn't create separation.

Seattle plays a lot of Cover 3, but they also have three All Pro's in the secondary that are really good at closing those open spaces and driving on the football.

We really don't have that so for us I'd expect tighter man coverage with some bump and run. If you challenge their receivers and slow up their progress and take away the easy routes and make them prove they can beat us over the top and win those one one match ups.

coult44

Reaction score
I

I dont know why some fans can't get the point without assuming they know what someone is talking about. I'm glad DM got paid. I'm on the side of the player getting as much as he can get. But the great ones will make the smart decisions based on more than money. Or they will find something that will equalize the money. A HOF career and possible SB's, with the most recognizable franchise in all of sports and 6.5 million, would've been more profitable than 8-9 million with a club that will scapegoat him and release him before he's able to "get paid" ... But, like most if these pro athletes, they can't see the big picture and make smart financial decisions. It's very typical and the reason most go broke very soon after their career is over!!!

maxdallasfan

Reaction score

Agree. Chip eats up a zone scheme. Gotta play man and put a Nickel CB on the RB all night. You only need 2 LB's when playing Chip. Similar to the TCU 4-2-5 defense. Otherwise, a slow LB gets caught chasing Sproles and Matthews. Lee will be perfect to cover Ertz. Patmon can spy the RB for the quick dump offs.

They have no deep threat, so the Safeties can cheat in on the WR's. If they line up 3 wide, then Jones can take the 3rd WR.

Chip's offense is all about YAC. Safeties cheat in, they can clean it up after the catch.

Plus, Bradford is no threat at all to run, so the second LB spying the run game or doubling the TE is critical.

As I write this, I think our D is a perfect match up.

Now please send this to Marinelli.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I

I dont know why some fans can't get the point without assuming they know what someone is talking about. I'm glad DM got paid. I'm on the side of the player getting as much as he can get. But the great ones will make the smart decisions based on more than money. Or they will find something that will equalize the money. A HOF career and possible SB's, with the most recognizable franchise in all of sports and 6.5 million, would've been more profitable than 8-9 million with a club that will scapegoat him and release him before he's able to "get paid" ... But, like most if these pro athletes, they can't see the big picture and make smart financial decisions. It's very typical and the reason most go broke very soon after their career is over!!!

Everything you just said sounds good on the surface buts it's just conjecture. He's a running back which makes his window even smaller and the only thing that is a fact is that he was offered much more guaranteed money than what the Cowboys offered. HOF and Super Bowls sound good, but neither of those things are guaranteed.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Agree. Chip eats up a zone scheme. Gotta play man and put a Nickel CB on the RB all night. You only need 2 LB's when playing Chip. Similar to the TCU 4-2-5 defense. Otherwise, a slow LB gets caught chasing Sproles and Matthews. Lee will be perfect to cover Ertz. Patmon can spy the RB for the quick dump offs.

They have no deep threat, so the Safeties can cheat in on the WR's. If they line up 3 wide, then Jones can take the 3rd WR.

Chip's offense is all about YAC. Safeties cheat in, they can clean it up after the catch.

Plus, Bradford is no threat at all to run, so the second LB spying the run game or doubling the TE is critical.

As I write this, I think our D is a perfect match up.

Now please send this to Marinelli.

sent

article-new-ehow-images-a07-9n-1j-rent-office-paper-shredder-800x800.jpg