Fan since 1975. done watching

Dre11

Reaction score
I will continue to root for the players and team. But I will not watch another Cowboys game until Garrett is fired. He preaches “fight”. Yet everything about him is “give up.” He is a gutless, spineless, abortion of a coach. He always plays not to lose. And that is the reason we lose. That mentality trickles down to the team. A leader inspires confidence by taking chances. A loser inspires fear by not taking chances. I won’t even get into the high school offense that he and Linehan run. This has gone on too long. And this fan base deserves better. Hopefully, Jerry sobers up and comes to his senses.

Lol bs, you'll be watching next week

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry will not change out Garrett. We are stuck with him forever.

If anything, Marinelli will be gone and so will Linehan. But Jerry has his excuses to keep Garrett.

Right now my biggest fear and concern, is if there is a QB for us to get in the draft. They will pass, giving Dak another year to prove he can be the QB. And long as he is mediocre that will happen. Get ready fro 10 years of 8-8.

At least the Bengals are 4-1 at this point.

How the hell is this team winning 8 games this years?!? I don't see it.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. I'm still going to watch the games, but I've pretty much completely de-invested myself from the games, until there are major changes made. I pretty much just watch it purely as entertainment now.

If we win, great. If we lose, I don't really care anymore - because honestly there is no reason to right now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How the hell is this team winning 8 games this years?!? I don't see it.

Well an average of 8-8. They will get lucky a few years and go 10-6, and that is enough for Jerry to think Jason is finally trained, only to go 7-9 or 8-8 the following year.

Swanny

Reaction score
I will continue to root for the players and team. But I will not watch another Cowboys game until Garrett is fired. He preaches “fight”. Yet everything about him is “give up.” He is a gutless, spineless, abortion of a coach. He always plays not to lose. And that is the reason we lose. That mentality trickles down to the team. A leader inspires confidence by taking chances. A loser inspires fear by not taking chances. I won’t even get into the high school offense that he and Linehan run. This has gone on too long. And this fan base deserves better. Hopefully, Jerry sobers up and comes to his senses.
Good for you. The only way anything will ever change is when TV ratings plummet. That's where all the money is. We need fans to do this to see a change. It's all about $$$ in the NFL.

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
- also fan since 1974 - couldn't agree more!..AMEN 100% brother....4th and 1, game on the line overtime, opponents 42 yard line, knowing Watson had CHEWED US UP ALL GAME with constant 10 yard gains and he fr'&$&&$gn PUNTS knowing they only needed field goal......OMG, my jaw dropped at what an abomination of a call that was....the nail in the coffin.....I will gladly go 2-14 on this season GLADLY , anything to see that inept idiot JG FIRED

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Well, it's decision time for the GM. I have been a supporter of JG and I do think he is a good coach. I didn't like the decision to punt last night though and I think that will go even further to hurting Dak's confidence. But I have also seen this O be very good when we have good QB play. Dak is just too inconsistent to be considered good at this point. So I don't see how this team can be good under these circumstances. You can't have a good team with an average to good coach with an average to below average QB in this league. One of them or both of them have to go. Jerry needs to man up and make a decision.

JayFord

Reaction score
The cowboys have been bad my entire fan hood. I watched the last sb when I was a kid.

I even used to cry when they lost..honestly I'm immune to mediocrity now. Your post in the early 2000s would of been trashed. Now even the most loyal fans turn the other way. It's a bad time for us.

For me its not about winning or losing.....its about playing/coaching smart.

I cant begin to go down the list of questionable decisions that Garrett has made

Icing kicker
Letting the clock run down vs baltimore when you had 2 Timeouts left
Running marion barber 2 times in the 2nd half of th 07 division game
Being up 26-3 against the packers with murray averaging 8.9 yards a carry and throwing it
Being up 27-3 against the lions and proceeding to throw it.

These are just some

SacredStar

Reaction score
I live in KC so I watch every Chief game. It is enjoyable to watch them because of the way their offense runs.....high powered excitement.

Then I watch Dallas when/if they're on and I get to see a stale, stagnant display of play. But I'm a die hard Cowboy fan and will continue to watch as long as they're on tv.

Even when Dallas wins these days, it's like a boring display of sloppy play and inept coaching. We watch for the excitement, for the win, for the pride, for tradition. Hardly any of that left anymore.

Twin

Reaction score
Can't say I blame you. I actually root for us to lose now because it is the only way to get a new coach. Sad. Been a fan for 40 years.
Bro I thought I was the only one any type of positive gud season means another year of Garrett fire GARRETT now and SL HAND THE KEYS TO RICHARDS GRIND OUT HELL EVEN BENCH DAK NO AWKWARDNESS PRESCOTT ILL TAKE A LOST SEASON ITS SO SAD TO EVEN SAY THAT BUT 4TH N 1 DRIVING BEST RB N MY OPINION N THE LEAGUE U PUNT A**HOLE

JayFord

Reaction score
I live in KC so I watch every Chief game. It is enjoyable to watch them because of the way their offense runs.....high powered excitement.

Then I watch Dallas when/if they're on and I get to see a stale, stagnant display of play. But I'm a die hard Cowboy fan and will continue to watch as long as they're on tv.

Even when Dallas wins these days, it's like a boring display of sloppy play and inept coaching. We watch for the excitement, for the win, for the pride, for tradition. Hardly any of that left anymore.

Aka

Our offense is like watching a dump truck go up a hill

Darkhound

Reaction score

I feel the same way you do 100% I ill NEVER stop rooting for this team, but I simply cannot stand anymore watching this GARBAGE of a team. Garrett is a parasite and the purest definition of a coward looser.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I can appreciate someone taking the stance of not watching the team. I have no problem with that at all.

I quit watching the Chicago Bulls (my team when even when the Pistons were winning) and the NBA. Have not watched another NBA game since that time.

So I can understand a fan saying that and can appreciate it...

With that said...IMO if you are going to commit to that...COMMIT to it.

Don't come on a message board and complain about the team...just commit to it and move on.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nothing new but I guess every fan has a breaking point.