Fan since 1975. done watching

Reaction score
I can appreciate someone taking the stance of not watching the team. I have no problem with that at all.

I quit watching the Chicago Bulls (my team when even when the Pistons were winning) and the NBA. Have not watched another NBA game since that time.

So I can understand a fan saying that and can appreciate it...

With that said...IMO if you are going to commit to that...COMMIT to it.

Don't come on a message board and complain about the team...just commit to it and move on.

Thanks. I can turn off the TV, but I cannot turn off being a fan of the team. So I’m committing to not watching because the product is so bad. As for coming to this board, it’s therapeutic to complain and hear others complain.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The good news is that Garrett’s exit is now inevitable. The bad news is that Jerry will almost certainly wait until after the season. Another lost year.

I would certainly hope so. I am nearly done watching for the season as well. I'd rather play video games and continue to pull for my Bournemouth Cherries. I dislike Garrett, but I hope he's on long enough for us to go 2-14 or 4-12. That would be most helpful for the team in terms of drafting, and it hopefully means no more Garrett.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Soft. Haven’t seen the Cowboys even make an NFC Championship and I’ll continue watching. I’ve fully given up on the season, the staff, and the QB, but that doesn’t make me want to take my ball and go home till things are fun again

I haven't either. I still like this team, and I will always like them. However, I find myself losing interest, and I long for the end of this Garrett nightmare.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We’re really gonna miss you...

You know? I can't say I blame the OP for this sort of statement. Our team looks HIDEOUS, and we have more talent than we did in the 5-11 years of 2000-2002. The trouble is, Garrett is such a moron, and there's no telling if we'll ever be set free of this nightmare. It's really frustrating, and it feels like we're in some sort of horror movie with this chap.

Pokes12

Reaction score
You know? I can't say I blame the OP for this sort of statement. Our team looks HIDEOUS, and we have more talent than we did in the 5-11 years of 2000-2002. The trouble is, Garrett is such a moron, and there's no telling if we'll ever be set free of this nightmare. It's really frustrating, and it feels like we're in some sort of horror movie with this chap.
You are correct. This ***** show will continue as long as Red ball is allowed to continue the Process. We are headed to 7-9 and Jerruh will do nothing about it. I am going to stop watching after 50 years of being a die hard fan. This is just crap. End of statement. They offer a lousy product year after year and I am done with caring about these knuckleheads.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are correct. This ***** show will continue as long as Red ball is allowed to continue the Process. We are headed to 7-9 and Jerruh will do nothing about it. I am going to stop watching after 50 years of being a die hard fan. This is just crap. End of statement. They offer a lousy product year after year and I am done with caring about these knuckleheads.

I may not be far behind. This will always be my NFL team, but the NFL, in general, is hideous. The rules are terrible. The quality is terrible on the whole. WRs can't catch anymore (not just our WRs either). QBs suck now. Refs suck. I used to have the NFL as high on my sports list. Now, it's 3rd behind the EPL (and that version of football in general) and the NHL. Rugby is currently vying for 3rd as it stands, as a matter of fact, which is funny considering that's where American football originated. However, as far as the Cowboys go. I'm tired of Jason Garrett. Absolutely fed up with him! I'm not quitting as a fan, as this will be my favourite team (for God knows why, especially since I've never even seen us in a Championship game). I'm just really probably going to dial back my viewing experience. I've stopped buying Cowboys stuff. From now on, my sports stuff will be gear from the Yankees (my favourite baseball team), Golden Knights (NHL), and Bournemouth (EPL and I have quite a bit of gear I want to get from them). Up the Cherries!!! Sidenote, I'd love for the Bournemouth chap to buy the Cowboys off of Jerry. He's done a brilliant job with a small English club, and he could really do well for us too.

cml750

Reaction score
I will continue to root for the players and team. But I will not watch another Cowboys game until Garrett is fired. He preaches “fight”. Yet everything about him is “give up.” He is a gutless, spineless, abortion of a coach. He always plays not to lose. And that is the reason we lose. That mentality trickles down to the team. A leader inspires confidence by taking chances. A loser inspires fear by not taking chances. I won’t even get into the high school offense that he and Linehan run. This has gone on too long. And this fan base deserves better. Hopefully, Jerry sobers up and comes to his senses.

I quit watching with about 5 games to go last season due knowing we have zero chance until we hire a real HC as well as for reasons that are against the rules to discuss on this forum. I still come around this site every few days to keep up but I will not tune in on game day.Once I finally realized I was watching more as an obligation of being a fan for 45 years than for fun, I pulled the plug. I haven't missed it one bit.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I'll watch, but for the past two seasons I don't get emotionally invested anymore. Until JG is gone I don't see how anyone can have any hope anymore.

I got more pleasure out of watching KC game today, and last Monday night because of Mahomes and the offense they run.
Yes, I actually enjoyed the Lions and GB game more, but not because I prefer those teams.

cml750

Reaction score
I may not be far behind. This will always be my NFL team, but the NFL, in general, is hideous. The rules are terrible. The quality is terrible on the whole. WRs can't catch anymore (not just our WRs either). QBs suck now. Refs suck. I used to have the NFL as high on my sports list. Now, it's 3rd behind the EPL (and that version of football in general) and the NHL. Rugby is currently vying for 3rd as it stands, as a matter of fact, which is funny considering that's where American football originated. However, as far as the Cowboys go. I'm tired of Jason Garrett. Absolutely fed up with him! I'm not quitting as a fan, as this will be my favourite team (for God knows why, especially since I've never even seen us in a Championship game). I'm just really probably going to dial back my viewing experience. I've stopped buying Cowboys stuff. From now on, my sports stuff will be gear from the Yankees (my favourite baseball team), Golden Knights (NHL), and Bournemouth (EPL and I have quite a bit of gear I want to get from them). Up the Cherries!!! Sidenote, I'd love for the Bournemouth chap to buy the Cowboys off of Jerry. He's done a brilliant job with a small English club, and he could really do well for us too.
I will never follow another NFL team. I have long said I would give up the NFL rather than follow another team. It is Cowboys or bust for me and with Jerry not caring about winning anymore by keeping a ridiculously unqualified head coach and the NFL getting into politics, I have quit the NFL for the time being. If and when Garrett is fired I will re-evaluate and may possibly start watching depending on the politics. I follow the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets very closely and they are now my favorite sports teams. I also have become a huge soccer fan during my adult life although I do not have a specific team I follow. Due to my kids wanting to play soccer, I became a licensed soccer coach. I coached a select team that was very good. Once soccer really clicked with me and I understood it, I have become a huge fan and enjoy watching any random game like I used to with American football. When I was young if you would have asked me which sport I would be licensed to coach one day, soccer would not have even come to mind.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I will continue to root for the players and team. But I will not watch another Cowboys game until Garrett is fired. He preaches “fight”. Yet everything about him is “give up.” He is a gutless, spineless, abortion of a coach. He always plays not to lose. And that is the reason we lose. That mentality trickles down to the team. A leader inspires confidence by taking chances. A loser inspires fear by not taking chances. I won’t even get into the high school offense that he and Linehan run. This has gone on too long. And this fan base deserves better. Hopefully, Jerry sobers up and comes to his senses.
You can be fan since 75 B.C. and you should never bail on your team.

ArtClink

Reaction score

The 1975 season might be my favorite one! What a great time to be a Cowboys fan. What Jerry has done to this organization is especially difficult for older fans like us. I could never have imagined a scenario where the team would be sold to someone so selfish/foolish that they place their ego far above winning. I feel your pain and understand your sentiments. Don't let anyone accuse you of not being a Cowboys fan. You are not alone. I continue to watch but I'm ten years removed from giving a dime to the Jones boys. I'll always be a fan, but it's just enabling Jerry to attend games, buy SWAG, and pay for stadium tours. He'll never get another dime from me.

The great Abe Lincoln said, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." I cannot think of a better quote to demonstrate what a sorry SOB we have for an owner and ... cough ... a "GM". Only a fool believes Jerry wants to win above all else. Jerry's restrictions on winning (including a whipping boy head coach stripped of all power) have made it impossible to win a divisional playoff game in 22 years. Jerry's legacy is and will be a great businessman who made the NFL owners even richer but a football fool who insisted on making all football decisions even if it meant over two decades of mediocrity. Jones has done it his way and we are approaching the silver anniversary of the worst stretch in franchise history that supersedes any head coach or collection of players. Jerry has his gold jacket and we have almost 25 years of one of the most mediocre, playoff-insignificant franchises in sports.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I invested this year's #1 draft pick, fantasy football, on Zeke and this is what's keeping me interested. Call me a sucker as I bought into the preseason hype that this monster of an Oline, combined with Linehan's desire to use Zeke more in the passing game, would result in a possible MVP season. I absolutely hate being so dang gullible when it comes to this team and I'm to the point now of needing to see psychologist because I can't seem to let it go.

JustChip

Reaction score
Can't say I blame you. I actually root for us to lose now because it is the only way to get a new coach. Sad. Been a fan for 40 years.

I'm not sure that so true anymore. The number of empty seats at the Stadium this year has increased significantly. And there are nowhere near as many Party Pass tickets being sold. Some could be related to the competition (Detroit is just not a huge draw) and other factors. This week's game will be interesting to see whether the trend continues. I'm not sure Jacksonville will be a big draw so the open seats trend could continue or increase. Bottom line, I believe Jerry will be moved by increasing open seats even if the team isn't having a Wade style implosion, it just won't happen in-season.

cml750

Reaction score
Thanks. I can turn off the TV, but I cannot turn off being a fan of the team. So I’m committing to not watching because the product is so bad. As for coming to this board, it’s therapeutic to complain and hear others complain.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I will never follow another NFL team. I have long said I would give up the NFL rather than follow another team. It is Cowboys or bust for me and with Jerry not caring about winning anymore by keeping a ridiculously unqualified head coach and the NFL getting into politics, I have quit the NFL for the time being. If and when Garrett is fired I will re-evaluate and may possibly start watching depending on the politics. I follow the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets very closely and they are now my favorite sports teams. I also have become a huge soccer fan during my adult life although I do not have a specific team I follow. Due to my kids wanting to play soccer, I became a licensed soccer coach. I coached a select team that was very good. Once soccer really clicked with me and I understood it, I have become a huge fan and enjoy watching any random game like I used to with American football. When I was young if you would have asked me which sport I would be licensed to coach one day, soccer would not have even come to mind.

NBC has a lot of EPL action. Perhaps you could find a club there? I like AFC Bournemouth because they're mostly English players and have a rare English manager. Oh, and I have a lot of family between Southampton and Bournemouth, and my Granddad used to take me to Bournemouth when I was a kid. Bournemouth is a lovely town, and I was delighted when Bournemouth got promoted in 2015 (I think it was 2015 anyway).