Fans are already calling McCarthy and his analytics a fraud

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board was pretty split on McCarthy day one. Some people here had a pipe dream that Jerry would hire someone with some pseudo tough guy persona who would come in, have total control, and whip the entire team, including Jerry into shape. They're the same guys who want superstars at every position and refuse to acknowledge any positivity unless it pertains to their own prognostications. Some people would rather be right than be positive. It is what it is.
I don't know if a tough guy is needed. We do need an effective leader/manager.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Jesus I’m sure he uses analytics. He hasn’t even put together a staff yet... hasn’t even met with the players and people are complaining? I guess people really wanted us to keep Garret?

All I care about is can mccarthy make adjustments mid game.... manage the clock.... and have team specific game plans. Right there that’s worth at least 2-3 wins from Garret

Frozen700

Reaction score
yup its the nature of these fans..never will be satisfied..

That's why other fans and players hate our team. People here and fans all over live in this delusional world where they believe they don't like us because it's hate and jealousy, but if we are keeping it real what is there to hate on? We haven't done anything.

So that's why sometimes when fans start to behave this way, it hurts less when we don't win anything. We don't deserve it.

And other fans love it. We say Philly fans are horrible, but how are we any better? They are ruthless and barbaric, and most of us are soft self entitled spoiled brats.

#DontpayDak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I really don't pay much attention to the type of poster who would even say that, but I'm pretty sure there's been a few.

I've seen Diehard saying that he only gets 2 years to win a SB or he should be fired. LOL

While at the same time hailing Garrett as a great coach after 10 years of failure.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This board was about 95 percent get rid of Garrett at all costs, anyone but Garrett. The other 5 percent mostly was ok with getting rid of Garrett but they were concerned that Jerry would hire another Campo.

Jerry hires an established coach in McCarthy who has had sustained success in the NFL. Even the haters are saying it was a good hire for the Cowboys.

Now it seems as though 35 percent of this board is calling McCarthy a fraud, his analytics are BS. He’s going to fail, etc.

He hasn’t even moved all of his notebooks in the building, made any moves, or done any coaching yet and he is already labeled a bust. Lol. Man, I swear some of you are BIPOLAR.
The Dak haters wanted McCarthy to say the Cowboys will be moving on from Dak. He said the opposite. Now those guys think McCarthy is a puppet. Then you have the Urban legend fans that think Meyers would have been Jimmy 2.0 and he would have put the Joneses in their place. Fun offseason on the Cowboys Zone.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board was about 95 percent get rid of Garrett at all costs, anyone but Garrett. The other 5 percent mostly was ok with getting rid of Garrett but they were concerned that Jerry would hire another Campo.

Jerry hires an established coach in McCarthy who has had sustained success in the NFL. Even the haters are saying it was a good hire for the Cowboys.

Now it seems as though 35 percent of this board is calling McCarthy a fraud, his analytics are BS. He’s going to fail, etc.

He hasn’t even moved all of his notebooks in the building, made any moves, or done any coaching yet and he is already labeled a bust. Lol. Man, I swear some of you are BIPOLAR.

I have not seen those complaints...

SSoup

Reaction score
I guess maybe you couldn’t catch McCarthy’s weak attempt at humor.
I caught his weak attempt at making light of how shameless he is.

In any event, it makes sense the crowd of malcontents who hated one coach and clamored for us to go a different direction might also contain some people who find reason to dislike the next guy and wish the team had gone in a different direction yet again. (I wasn't even in that group that irrationally hated Garrett, so I have no skin in the game when it comes to your attacks against those Garrett-hating fans.)

I truly don't think it was ever "anybody but Garrett" for that bunch, so telling them to shut up and like it no matter who replaced him is stupid and missing the point.

The point is this: most of them wanted someone fresher, and the team instead went with someone who'd arguably gone just as stale.

I think some of them also whined that he was too intellectual and they wanted someone tougher. So for that particular group, McCarthy basically disguising himself as a nerd was the worst possible way for him to try to sell himself in this job. That crowd probably would've only been happy if the new coach announced how much he hates certain players and plans to cut them or have them lashed with a whip. And maybe conclude the press conference by punching somebody in the face or challenging somebody to an arm wrestling contest to prove his toughness.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It didn’t use to be this bad until the closed that site and they all came here. Now they’re ruining this board. It’s no wonder they closed that place down.

We aren’t all ruining the board. :grin:

Javier

Reaction score
And Zeke is washed, Dak cant throw and Cooper has no passion....

TWOK11

Reaction score

I told you all this would happen. Some just thrive on being contrarian and negative.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I've seen Diehard saying that he only gets 2 years to win a SB or he should be fired. LOL

While at the same time hailing Garrett as a great coach after 10 years of failure.

If you read a couple posts later in that thread, you'll notice I said 2 years as well... But I never hailed Garrett as a great coach. I thought he overstayed his welcome after the multiple 8-8 seasons.. But I digress...

MM doesn't have family that worked for Jerry for the last 30 years so I don't see a repeat should MM fail (keeping him for 10 years)...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you read a couple posts later in that thread, you'll notice I said 2 years as well... But I never hailed Garrett as a great coach. I thought he overstayed his welcome after the multiple 8-8 seasons.. But I digress...

MM doesn't have family that worked for Jerry for the last 30 years so I don't see a repeat should MM fail (keeping him for 10 years)...

im for firing anyone that fails.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jesus I’m sure he uses analytics. He hasn’t even put together a staff yet... hasn’t even met with the players and people are complaining? I guess people really wanted us to keep Garret?

All I care about is can mccarthy make adjustments mid game.... manage the clock.... and have team specific game plans. Right there that’s worth at least 2-3 wins from Garret

Well, in fairness to the wackos, McCarthy has been here a week already and he hasn’t won a super bowl for the Cowboys yet, so I understand why they are getting so impatient.

nobody

Reaction score
Well, in fairness to the wackos, McCarthy has been here a week already and he hasn’t won a super bowl for the Cowboys yet, so I understand why they are getting so impatient.

a week and no SB yet? WHAT A SLACKER! UGH! Get rid of this clown!

Silly

Reaction score
Well.... teehee... analytics are BS!!! Cowboys averaged 1.3 yards per play this year. Does that mean they should go for it every 4th down and 1 yard to go? That is the nature of analytics....

tico

Reaction score
I've seen some of the biggest cry babys on this site.
I wonder sometimes if they are even Cowboys fans or just Trolls.

I'm feeling something that I haven't felt in years, "hope" for next season... My cheering is a little rusty,
So im doing fist pumps and working on that roar to be ready for 2020.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score

I'm not being impatient. I'm all for giving MM a chance.... I think he's a breath of fresh air from the stench we had. I hope he turns things around... I'm just saying I don't want to see him here 10 years if he can't get it done in 2. But I don't envision Jones letting him stay here 10 years in vain like he did with Garrett... But then again, we're talking about Jerry so who knows....

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm not being impatient. I'm all for giving MM a chance.... I think he's a breath of fresh air from the stench we had. I hope he turns things around... I'm just saying I don't want to see him here 10 years if he can't get it done in 2. But I don't envision Jones letting him stay here 10 years in vain like he did with Garrett... But then again, we're talking about Jerry so who knows....

Im not talking about you.