Fans are already calling McCarthy and his analytics a fraud

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt but what nobody knows whether MM is destined to be successful as our coach or not. Needless to say, there are many members of this website who have become wary of what the Cowboys chances of success are, regardless of who happens to be coaching them. I do believe that McCarthy has a daunting task ahead of him to turn this franchise into the winner that so many of us desperately hope for.

I've noticed recently that a surprising number of us seem to expect a championship bid to follow McCarthy's reign as coach as early as in the upcoming season. That, my friends, seems a pretty unrealistic expectation. Far too many new coaches and an astounding number of FA's will be obliged to tend to the fulfillment of that highly ambitious expectation. The formulation of effective schemes on both sides of the ball will sure be another project to be realized.

Let's be inclined to be far more realistic in terms of expecting far too much in such a short period of time. The countless adjustments and tweaks to the present roster and the new staff can only do whatever it can as time permits. We'd best be patient or be bitterly disappointed -- it's your choice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt but what nobody knows whether MM is destined to be successful as our coach or not. Needless to say, there are many members of this website who have become wary of what the Cowboys chances of success are, regardless of who happens to be coaching them. I do believe that McCarthy has a daunting task ahead of him to turn this franchise into the winner that so many of us desperately hope for.

I've noticed recently that a surprising number of us seem to expect a championship bid to follow McCarthy's reign as coach as early as in the upcoming season. That, my friends, seems a pretty unrealistic expectation. Far too many new coaches and an astounding number of FA's will be obliged to tend to the fulfillment of that highly ambitious expectation.

Be inclined to be far more realistic in terms of expecting far too much in such a short period of time. The many adjustments and tweaks to the present roster and the new staff will do whatever it can as time permits. We'd best be patient or be sorely disappointed -- your choice.

It is a daunting test for the best and most consistent teams in the league to get a superbowl bid.

I don't think its likely, but it is certainly possible. In a league full of parity where we watch teams go from perennial losers to superbowl contestants over the course of one off season its not crazy to think a team with talent and no prior coaching could make the leap. Its a given we would need to fill some key holes and have a handful of players return to form though.

I think MM has an expectation of NFCCG by year 2. Jerry didn't hire him to rebuild, and he didn't hire him to get stuck in the divisional round like his predecessor.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It is a daunting test for the best and most consistent teams in the league to get a superbowl bid.

I don't think its likely, but it is certainly possible. In a league full of parity where we watch teams go from perennial losers to superbowl contestants over the course of one off season its not crazy to think a team with talent and no prior coaching could make the leap. Its a given we would need to fill some key holes and have a handful of players return to form though.

I think MM has an expectation of NFCCG by year 2. Jerry didn't hire him to rebuild, and he didn't hire him to get stuck in the divisional round like his predecessor.

Sorry but I don't think MM necessarily has that expectation at all. I'm sure he's been around long enough to realize it's an extremely difficult road that he'll be traveling in the year ahead and beyond. Hopefully, he'll do whatever he can with what he'll have to work with but even he can't predict what's destined to come. I'm willing to be optimistic up to a point without setting my hopes higher than what the situation calls for. What will be will be. We'll see.

MM might well be rebuilding, imho. I'm seeing far too many of us even looking to 2020 for a title. Year 2 is anyone's guess! We can always hope! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Actually its about 75% that support according to the poll on this site...……….I am one of the 75% that like the hire.:D

The 25% that dont are pretty much in two camps. One camp wanted a big name like Urban Riley and they think McCarthy is just a scrub that did nothing but eat nachos and drink beer on the sidelines while Aaron Rogers single handedly won all the games by himself. Second camp are the Garrett fan boys that have their panties in a bunch because their hero was tossed into the garbage bin. They think Garrett should be the head coach still if not for just a string of bad luck so they are going to crap on anybody that replaced him.

Also take notice that most of the ones that are demanding a SB win in the next couple of years are the same ones that defended Garrett forever, like Diehardblues. Dude even started a thread about how much time should we give McCarthy to win a SB?

LMAO, that is hilarious. The posters that defended Garrett going 8-8 practically every dam season all of a sudden got religion and are now demanding a SB win in 2 years or else.:laugh:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Well, in fairness to the wackos, McCarthy has been here a week already and he hasn’t won a super bowl for the Cowboys yet, so I understand why they are getting so impatient.

Yeah, McCarthy, the clock is ticking! You should be parking and living in your RV at the Ford Center at the Star right on the practice field.

CWR

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think MM necessarily has that expectation at all. I'm sure he's been around long enough to realize it's an extremely difficult road that he'll be traveling in the year ahead and beyond. Hopefully, he'll do whatever he can with what he'll have to work with but even he can't predict what's destined to come. I'm willing to be optimistic up to a point without setting my hopes higher than what the situation calls for. What will be will be. We'll see.

MM might well be rebuilding, imho. I'm seeing far too many of us even looking to 2020 for a title. Year 2 is anyone's guess! We can always hope! :)

I honestly believe Jerry thinks he has the team in place minus a few key players. That was his reasoning for hiring a coach with NFL experience. If we dont see fast results I doubt MM makes it 5 years. Wether thats realistic or not can certainly be debated, but Jerry is expecting a quick turnaround from this season. If we were looking at a rebuild I think wed have gone another direction. Of course its all speculation, and I completely understand cautious optimism. If we see Dak get a contract that take is virtually a lock. Personally I think tagging him is more prudent. If he was under a tag and didn't play up to expectations I could see Jerry lowering his expectations and tolerating a rebuild, but I think thats the only way. As always in Dallas hope springs eternal.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This board was about 95 percent get rid of Garrett at all costs, anyone but Garrett. The other 5 percent mostly was ok with getting rid of Garrett but they were concerned that Jerry would hire another Campo.

Jerry hires an established coach in McCarthy who has had sustained success in the NFL. Even the haters are saying it was a good hire for the Cowboys.

Now it seems as though 35 percent of this board is calling McCarthy a fraud, his analytics are BS. He’s going to fail, etc.

He hasn’t even moved all of his notebooks in the building, made any moves, or done any coaching yet and he is already labeled a bust. Lol. Man, I swear some of you are BIPOLAR.

Jeez. The man hasn't even coached a down of Cowboys football yet. And every team uses analytics.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Based on the best research available to the public, what he said about run success influencing play-action success was obviously wrong.

Was it gamesmanship, aimed at future opponents?
Was it lip service, designed to comfort those worried that he might be pass happy?
Was it just him stating a long-held belief, indicating that he has a lot to learn in the area of analytics?
Was it based on some in-depth analysis not available to the public that contradicts that which is available to the public?

At this point, we have no idea.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Some people will never be satisfied, even if he wins a super bowl there will be some troll or heavily medicated individual to question everything the Cowboys do. Maybe because they can do it sooooo much better..lol

And - what you will find is that the majority of THOSE folks are very small-minded, insecure, under-achievers who need to belittle others in the attempt to make themselves feel or appear superior. It is a direct by-product of the current culture.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well.... teehee... analytics are BS!!! Cowboys averaged 1.3 yards per play this year. Does that mean they should go for it every 4th down and 1 yard to go? That is the nature of analytics....

a99abdac727ddfc3646fe9b55d8b0f10c943f8e813bd1d84b9102d0c48c09519.jpg

erod

Reaction score
The guy was campaigning for a job.

Do I think he ate and slept football in that barn? Of course not. Probably spent a day a week in there, if that.

But whatever. We'll see soon enough.