Fans are to blame

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
There's been a lot of discussion here and elsewhere lately on the reasons for the demise of the Cowboys being a successful football team. On the field, the team can do no better than mediocrity. The owner continues to believe he's a football genius and fills the team with a few high priced skill players while continuing to ignore what it takes to consistently win football games, i.e. build from the trenches out.

Did I dream us using 2 1st rounders on the offensive line and having probably the most expensive pair of starting defensive lineman (coming into the season) in the league?

The narrative that we don't invest in the line really hasn't been true in 4 years.

But please...keep the narrative alive.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did I dream us using 2 1st rounders on the offensive line and having probably the most expensive pair of starting defensive lineman (coming into the season) in the league?

The narrative that we don't invest in the line really hasn't been true in 4 years.

But please...keep the narrative alive.

Are you for real? Your the kind of fan that keeps Jerry happy. Unbelievable.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I stopped buying merchandise for this reason.

But I read somewhere that just watching cowboy games and posting on these forums make the cowboys money. Don't they get paid per click TV/Internet?

I don't think they make any money off of this forum, and since I don't have a television, I stream everything from some offshore site. :)

JPostSam

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Stop buying tickets and merchandise and this team will be forced to make changes.

i WANT to buy merch and celebrate my team but, right now, i don't want to buy ANYTHING until they win some playoff games.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Oh. He keeps Jerry happy.
You make him angry! If only everyone acted like you then...

Yes. Nothing.
Redundant and stupid.
Carry on.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

I'd love for you to actually dispute what I said?

3 summers ago we signed the hottest free agent tackle on the market.

2 summers ago we signed a top 10 tackle.

This summer we drafted a 1st round center.

We've brought in free agent guards and have arguably one of the best line coaches in the league (viewed that way by his peers).

How that can be viewed as no committment to the line I don't know.

And whether you believe it or not the starting D-line was cause for great hope coming into this season. Ware and Spencer with Hatcher and Jeremiah. That's not a cheap defensive lineman. The top backup was a 3rd rounder. We liked Bass but he got injured. We had a lineman die. Lost another to jail. Oh and we hired arguably the best D-line coach in the league (viewed that way by his peers).

Your narrative is fantasy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'd love for you to actually dispute what I said?

3 summers ago we signed the hottest free agent tackle on the market.

2 summers ago we signed a top 10 tackle.

This summer we drafted a 1st round center.

We've brought in free agent guards and have arguably one of the best line coaches in the league (viewed that way by his peers).

How that can be viewed as no committment to the line I don't know.

And whether you believe it or not the starting D-line was cause for great hope coming into this season. Ware and Spencer with Hatcher and Jeremiah. That's not a cheap defensive lineman. The top backup was a 3rd rounder. We liked Bass but he got injured. We had a lineman die. Lost another to jail. Oh and we hired arguably the best D-line coach in the league (viewed that way by his peers).

Your narrative is fantasy.

Where's all the talent then? Fred and Smith is it. No talent anywhere else starting or backups on either the offensive or defensive lines. Just look at the scoreboard of past seasons. Proof enough.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Where's all the talent then? Fred and Smith is it. No talent anywhere else starting or backups on either the offensive or defensive lines. Just look at the scoreboard of past seasons. Proof enough.

You said we have ignored the lines. That's clearly not true. The end.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just stating the facts. Some fans need to close their mouths and breath.

Thing is, Amber, he's replying to you with actual facts of his own, that completely unravel your criticism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thing is, Amber, he's replying to you with actual facts of his own, that completely unravel your criticism.

So your drinking Jerry's koolaid also huh? It's a free country, but it's obvious you're both wrong. They've ignored both the lines for years. 2 first round picks on the offensive line helps but they need so much more there. They have no depth. Defensive line with Ware is a joke. Naw, no ones unraveling my criticism in the least.