Fans are to blame

Tawney88

Reaction score
There's been a lot of discussion here and elsewhere lately on the reasons for the demise of the Cowboys being a successful football team. On the field, the team can do no better than mediocrity. The owner continues to believe he's a football genius and fills the team with a few high priced skill players while continuing to ignore what it takes to consistently win football games, i.e. build from the trenches out.

All the while this embarrassment of a team that gut punches it's fans week after week continues to see those same fans buy tickets for the games, buy jerseys and other merchandise that line the pockets of the Jones family. Those same fans bash the starting QB too ignorant to realize it's not a players fault for this sad excuse for a teams performance but it's the Jones for how they run the team.

No matter what happens today, the stadium will again be full next week for the final. The fans will be putting blame on the Jones, Romo, etc. yet are too stupid to realize that they are ultimately responsible for continuing to support this farce of an organization. They'll leave with arms laden with over priced merchandise muttering how Some player has let the team down.

We've met the enemy,,,,,,and it is us.

I haven't spent any money on the Dallas Cowboys for over 5 years. I'm not giving Jerry another dime.

Love your post though absolutely right.

DavidS

Reaction score
There's been a lot of discussion here and elsewhere lately on the reasons for the demise of the Cowboys being a successful football team. On the field, the team can do no better than mediocrity. The owner continues to believe he's a football genius and fills the team with a few high priced skill players while continuing to ignore what it takes to consistently win football games, i.e. build from the trenches out.

All the while this embarrassment of a team that gut punches it's fans week after week continues to see those same fans buy tickets for the games, buy jerseys and other merchandise that line the pockets of the Jones family. Those same fans bash the starting QB too ignorant to realize it's not a players fault for this sad excuse for a teams performance but it's the Jones for how they run the team.

No matter what happens today, the stadium will again be full next week for the final. The fans will be putting blame on the Jones, Romo, etc. yet are too stupid to realize that they are ultimately responsible for continuing to support this farce of an organization. They'll leave with arms laden with over priced merchandise muttering how Some player has let the team down.

We've met the enemy,,,,,,and it is us.

I'm a season ticket holder (a real fan). Guess I'm part of the problem then :)

DavidS

Reaction score
As a season ticket holder, you have even more reason to be pissed with Jerry.

There is more to our GM then Jerry Jones. They have an entire scouting department they work closely with.

It isn't just one individual, Jerry, just picking and choosing (Stephen Jones, Tom Ciskowski, Will McClay, Judd Garrett)

Regardless, Go Cowboys! I will be there Sunday Night cheering our organization on!

Tawney88

Reaction score
There is more to our GM then Jerry Jones. They have an entire scouting department they work closely with.

It isn't just one individual, Jerry, just picking and choosing (Stephen Jones, Tom Ciskowski, Will McClay, Judd Garrett)

Regardless, Go Cowboys! I will be there Sunday Night cheering our organization on!
Yeah you believe that if you like. 17 years and counting and only one constant that tells everyone who is paying attention a different story. Our front office is a mess and Jerry is the reason. He has no plan or idea how to build a team a team. The evidence is there and it isn't hard to find.

DavidS

Reaction score
Yeah you believe that if you like. 17 years and counting and only one constant that tells everyone who is paying attention a different story. Our front office is a mess and Jerry is the reason. He has no plan or idea how to build a team a team. The evidence is there and it isn't hard to find.

Management isn't changing, what do you not understand about that??

Tawney88

Reaction score
Management isn't changing, what do you not understand about that??

Until it does we will see the same product on the field... I've been a Cowboys fan for over 30 years and that infuriates me. I'd think it would others as well.

DavidS

Reaction score
Until it does we will see the same product on the field... I've been a Cowboys fan for over 30 years and that infuriates me. I'd think it would others as well.

Management isn't changing

Tawney88

Reaction score
Management isn't changing

:rolleyes:

Certainly not with apathetic fans like you, who rubber stamp Jerry, parrot the process and group decision bs, and fill his pockets with money.

But go ahead repeat your canned "Jerry approved" response.

DavidS

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Certainly not with apathetic fans like you, who rubber stamp Jerry, parrot the process and group decision bs, and fill his pockets with money.

But go ahead repeat your canned "Jerry approved" response.

Yeah and you keep wasting your pathetic breath for another "30" years (if you live that much longer) whining about it if you want.

I'm not sacrificing my fanhood and taking my children to games every Sunday over something I cannot control.

Get a life

Tawney88

Reaction score
Yeah and you keep wasting your pathetic breath for another "30" years (if you live that much longer) whining about it if you want.

I'm not sacrificing my fanhood and taking my children to games every Sunday over something I cannot control.

Get a life
You mad?:mad:

"Sacrificing my fan hood" lol and you tell others to get a life.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Enjoy your whining for another 30 years, LOL
Keep wasting your money supporting a billionaire, who doesn't care enough about the fans who have supported this team for decades, to step out of the way, put down his ego and allow the team to resemble a competent NFL franchise.

DavidS

Reaction score
Keep wasting your money supporting a billionaire, who doesn't care enough about the fans who have supported this team for decades, to step out of the way, put down his ego and allow the team to resemble a competent NFL franchise.

I could waste it on alot worse things in life but I think I will stick to taking my family & friends to enjoy football games.

And if we are fortunate enough to win it will be even more enjoyable.

I suggest finding another team to support for yourself

Tawney88

Reaction score
I could waste it on alot worse things in life but I think I will stick to taking my family & friends to enjoy football games.

And if we are fortunate enough to win it will be even more enjoyable.

I suggest finding another team to support for yourself
There are a lot of enjoyable/fun family things you can do that don't involve giving money to Jerry Jones. Things that could be more benefiting to you, your family and society as a whole. You go ahead and do what you want, just understand things won't get better if Jerry doesn't take a hit to the wallet.

I was here before Jerry and God willing long after he is gone. I very likely have been a Cowboys fan longer than you and maybe even longer than you have been alive. (Judging from your avatar) I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, not the Dallas Jerry's. Fans that throw out that weak "find another team" line just show what little argument you have.