Fans have a short memory - Tony Romo 2014 **merged**

Bluestar9

Reaction score
And two years older.
If we're talking Dak vs. a 26-year-old Romo, no question.
But we're talking Dak vs. a 36-year-old Romo who has already had two back issues, and a Romo who got injured on a relatively routine scramble.
How quick we forget

CowboyChris

Reaction score
can someone who has access to the all 22 or whatever that is...go back and look and see how many deep or go routes we ran last week vs Cinn...Dak catches alot of heat for not throwing bombs, i'm wondering if they are even calling some of these routes....in preseason he was throwing down field just fine. i'm very curious.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Not sure how anyone could possibly compare Romo to Prescott. It's night and day right now. Will this kid continue to improve? Absolutely. Is he at Romo's level? Not even close. When Romo returns, the offense will open up, we'll be able to pass down field, and Elliott's production will increase even more.

Stunning how short people's memory's are and the media certainly doesn't want to help.

while I'm in favor of starting Romo when he's healthy, the one outcome you seem to be ignoring is that Romo all of a sudden, plays like a 36 year old QB, that he plays like a guy who has missed significant time each of the last two seasons. The Tony Romo of 2014 *may* be gone, PManning went from good to bad really fast, so we really don't know if we'll see the Romo from 2014.

etw926

Reaction score
while I'm in favor of starting Romo when he's healthy, the one outcome you seem to be ignoring is that Romo all of a sudden, plays like a 36 year old QB, that he plays like a guy who has missed significant time each of the last two seasons. The Tony Romo of 2014 *may* be gone, PManning went from good to bad really fast, so we really don't know if we'll see the Romo from 2014.
With the exception of the self proclaimed clairvoyants in here, nobody will know until he is on the field.

DFWJC

Reaction score
can someone who has access to the all 22 or whatever that is...go back and look and see how many deep or go routes we ran last week vs Cinn...Dak catches alot of heat for not throwing bombs, i'm wondering if they are even calling some of these routes....in preseason he was throwing down field just fine. i'm very curious.
In general, the NFL doesn't throw many bombs anyway.

With a great oline and run game, combined with high 3rd down efficiency. You can march it down the field if you don't turn it over.
It's very hard to do that without a great online and run game, but we have that.
Dak is getting very little pressure when he does throw it, and he's taking what is there.
There really is no need for him, yet, too press the issue down field, as Dallas' points per possession are outstanding.
So far, so good!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
With the exception of the self proclaimed clairvoyants in here, nobody will know until he is on the field.

The coaches should have an idea, which is why I would understand if they stick with Prescott, but Romo gives us the best chance to get hot and go on a deep playoff run. The NFC is wide open right now, so we should take advantage

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I will say this .......if Romo comes back and messes this thing up ....the fan base will never forgive him.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Haven't ignored anything. We have to see that in order to believe it.