Fargo Season 2 fx

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Yeah, it just sort of petered out, but like you, maybe I just didn't want it to end.

Am I the only one wondering *** was up with that UFO thing?

Lodeus

Reaction score
I didn't mind the ending. I can see them going back to that time. Maybe just a few years later.

And I think the show is just that good that I didn't really care about them having a UFO pop up out of no where. It showed up in the first episode causing him to get hit by the car.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yeah, it just sort of petered out, but like you, maybe I just didn't want it to end.

Am I the only one wondering *** was up with that UFO thing?

That was weird. I guess during the shoot out at the motel, eye witness testimony declared a UFO sighting. Based off a true story. So who knows? I don't think writers were trying to screw with the storyline.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Loved the show. I didn't really watch the first season of Fargo, but really really got into the second season.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
That was weird. I guess during the shoot out at the motel, eye witness testimony declared a UFO sighting. Based off a true story. So who knows? I don't think writers were trying to screw with the storyline.

Fargo is not based on true events. Or at least events that are even remotely close to what was portrayed in the show. It is a "true" account of the fictional writings of the storys creators.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1190...-story-its-connected-to-some-very-real-events

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I loved Hanzee's ending, he turns out to be the Fargo Mob boss from Season 1...and the two kids Hanzee saves from the bullies turn out to be Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench....pretty cool....

Milligan's ending was lame, I thought he was gonna lose it and kill the KC boss...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Well... I guess I am ok with the ending for hanzee and milligan but other than that the ending seemed to be a let down but maybe I just did not want it to end.

Yeah, the ending was surprising. Seemed like all the action happened in episode 9. I've seen that before from Coen Brothers movies though. I think it was No Country for Old Men that had the movie end in the middle of a long boring conversation. It was a bit weird since the ending of Season 1 was so great.

I also didn't really understand the Hanzee thing.

SPOILERS AHEAD

So apparently he gets a face lift and becomes the fat Russian looking dude Tripoli who is the leader of the Fargo Mob in Season 1 and easily gets killed by Malvo. And those kids who he saved in the park were Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers (Wrench was deaf if you remember) who were the henchmen Tripoli sent to Minnesota to track the guy Malvo killed for Lester early in Season 1 (I forget his name but he had a hot wife and two dumb kids). I didn't really get the point of that. We don't know much about Tripoli and he didn't seem to share any of the traits that made Hanzee so liked (by fans). It seemed like it was just forced to make some kind of connection to Season 1.

I'm also interested in seeing what happened to Mike. The ending was a bit funny but I hope that's not the end of his character. As soon as I saw the scene where he comes a pencil pusher, I immediately thought of Morgan Freeman playing an older Mike in Season 3. Possibly the kingpin of a major crime organization. Doubt it would happen but it sure would be awesome.

Also, the explanation by Hank that his office was full of a "universal language" he was creating was a bit disappointing. It seemed perfectly reasonably and didn't give the viewer any doubt that maybe aliens are somehow involved. Just seemed like they tried to wrap up loose ends without really wrapping them up.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
And I think the show is just that good that I didn't really care about them having a UFO pop up out of no where. It showed up in the first episode causing him to get hit by the car.

Really? Crap, I don't remember that. The UFO scene didn't bother me, I just didn't get it. There were "paranormal" aspects to season one also now that I think about it.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Yeah, the ending was surprising. Seemed like all the action happened in episode 9. I've seen that before from Coen Brothers movies though. I think it was No Country for Old Men that had the movie end in the middle of a long boring conversation.

The street shootout with Hanzee in the final was basically a remake of the street shootout scene in No Country for old men. Both start out at a hotel too. I had already decided Hanzee was sort of a version of Anton Chigur anyway.

I noticed a few other things related to other Coen bros movies, like a few of the songs were different versions of songs from Oh Brother where art thou. There were a few other things I can't remember, hopefully they'll run this season again. If so, I'll watch closer.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I love how Lou shut Peggy up when she was attempting to play professional victim. There for a second, I thought Fargo was going on PC by shoehorning in the "I'm a strong independent woman!", nope! "People died, Peggy."

Loved it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I loved Hanzee's ending, he turns out to be the Fargo Mob boss from Season 1...and the two kids Hanzee saves from the bullies turn out to be Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench....pretty cool....

Milligan's ending was lame, I thought he was gonna lose it and kill the KC boss...

I'm the opposite, Hanzee's ending and tie in with the first season was forced. Milligan's ending was hilarious, all that blood on his hands for a desk job.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Loved the show. I didn't really watch the first season of Fargo, but really really got into the second season.

You should go back and watch the first season. In my opinion, one of the best seasons of any TV series I've ever watched.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I love how Lou shut Peggy up when she was attempting to play professional victim. There for a second, I thought Fargo was going on PC by shoehorning in the "I'm a strong independent woman!", nope! "People died, Peggy."

Loved it.

I agree, but what confused me was, no mention of how the man she ran over was the guy who had just killed 3 innocent people.....she broke the law by not stoppin and reportin the accident of course, but had she of done so, she'd have been a hero.........the worse crime for her morally, was probably the indirect role she had in her Lesbian boss' death by Hanzee......

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm the opposite, Hanzee's ending and tie in with the first season was forced. Milligan's ending was hilarious, all that blood on his hands for a desk job.

Yeah, I really loved Milligan's fate. It's almost worse than death for him I'd imagine.

Overall, I thought the last episode ended the way I wanted it to. They didn't tie up all the loose ends and the people left standing tried their best to get back to their lives. I don't like it when everything wraps up perfectly because life just isn't like that and it always ruins it for me when shows try to do it.

Stryker44

Reaction score
How come Hanzee didn't finish the job? A man like that is a real warrior and would not have allowed any loose ends. I don't get it.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
How come Hanzee didn't finish the job? A man like that is a real warrior and would not have allowed any loose ends. I don't get it.

Self preservation I'd imagine. Lou wasn't far behind and why follow them into the store instead of just escaping while he had the chance? That'd be my guess.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Self preservation I'd imagine. Lou wasn't far behind and why follow them into the store instead of just escaping while he had the chance? That'd be my guess.

Who was the guy he was talking with at the end that helped facilitate the change to Tripoli? A member of the KC squad, I presume.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Yeah, I really loved Milligan's fate. It's almost worse than death for him I'd imagine.
I expected him to get wacked for killing The Undertaker, like they said in Goodfellas, "you kill a made man, you better have a damn good reason, better have a sit down and get the ok".