Twitter: Fassel: Anger frontrunner for P job

cowboyed

Reaction score
Imagine a grown man being afraid to come out and practice.
I am not happy with Niswander sitting it out particularly with Covid waning. I really don't think he is afraid to come out and practice. He certainly performed well in real time games under more pressure.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If the board lifts its ban on discussing this, I'd be happy to take you to school on this matter, kiddo.

Maybe read some leaked emails from a certain "doctor" first, kiddo.

Go Cowboys!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
After reading this tweet....I just gotta laugh. I hate our special teams coach. After last seasons debacle...people still trust this guy??? SMH:banghead:

We stumble upon a pretty good punter last year.....and we are already throwing him under the bus. Go figure. :rolleyes:

This is my main reason for questioning this guy. He jettisoned Forbath who had done what 11 for 11 for us in 2018? He sent L.P. packing .. and now he can't wait to move on from a guy who averaged 47 yards a punt last year? After all them stupid 4th down calls last year Fassel gets at LEAST 3 years of side-eye from me..

Einstein

Reaction score
Imagine a grown man being afraid to come out and practice.
Right, like having a family member that is immune deficient, that you couldn't be with if you spend time around a lot of others because if you caught Covid and brought it home it would kill them... I mean what grown man is afraid of possibly killing someone they love...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, like having a family member that is immune deficient, that you couldn't be with if you spend time around a lot of others because if you caught Covid and brought it home it would kill them... I mean what grown man is afraid of possibly killing someone they love...

Double mask it, bro. Quick. Your life's on the line.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A man has to have his priorities.

A) He can choose to spend time with his family without a job.

Or

B) He can isolate himself for a just few months to have a chance to make millions of dollars playing a child's game. (but still have contact with his family through facetime, zoom calls, etc)

The choice is his to make. I would choose the millions of dollars for a few months of sacrifice, but to each their own.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is my main reason for questioning this guy. He jettisoned Forbath who had done what 11 for 11 for us in 2018? He sent L.P. packing .. and now he can't wait to move on from a guy who averaged 47 yards a punt last year? After all them stupid 4th down calls last year Fassel gets at LEAST 3 years of side-eye from me..
I'm not sure this is a fair characterization.

First, I doubt it was a matter of him not liking JP. It was probably a matter of JP being 40 years old, and the future can get pretty fuzzy at that age with injury and retirement both being a possibility. And it's not as if they replaced him with a run of the mill guy. The new guy has been a Pro Bowler.

As for Forbath, while he did a good job in terms of accuracy, his lack of leg strength was an issue, and likely explains why Forbath hasn't maintained a steady job in the NFL since 2017. Forbath and Zuerlein are the same age, and entered the NFL the same year (2012), but Forbath only has 12 career FG's over 50+ yards, and Zuerlein has 36. Forbath's career touchback% on kickoffs is 39.4%, and Zuerlein's is 66.5%. Zuerlein is just more of a weapon.

As for Fassel not being able to wait to move on from Niswander, I don't see that in his remarks. Niswander is still there and will compete, but he was not at OTA's, which is at least a temporary setback, and Anger does have a history as a quality punter, so it makes sense he would get strong consideration for the job. Fans are always screaming about needing more competition, and here it is. Looks like a couple of quality players to choose from.