Father time and Tom Brady

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Absolutely NOT going to happen. (he should have retired last year in style) Unless of course the teams they DID beat, are in the playoffs. Jets, Dolphins, Giants, Browns, Egals, Bengals, Cowboys, Skins, oh wait etc.... :lmao:

That's why I put "IF" in the post.

The league is so in love with Brady I wouldn't say NOT regardless of the circumstances, but I would say it's very unlikely he will win another one this year.

:thumbup:

Pape

Reaction score
OMG, a drama queen!!!!

I would never ignore you, you are far too amusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you say that in your best Ahnold voice? "If I wanted to insult you I would outright insult you." Or maybe Jack Nicholson?

Seriously, you watch too many movie or something!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you call me a drama queen ... That's rich

Doomsay

Reaction score
Hopefully, the 3rd cheating strike gets the team leadership banned for life and the whole "dynasty" gets called out for the fraud that it is.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hopefully, the 3rd cheating strike gets the team leadership banned for life and the whole "dynasty" gets called out for the fraud that it is.

Actually I have an idea as to how the Pats and Brady have had the success they have, without going into details it involves the supernatural "dark side", but I have no proof so I'll just say they'll pay for their success eventually....

jsb357

Reaction score
The reason father time is undefeated is that he has something that Brady does not.

a constant resupply of effective weapons.

Given his advancing age and diminishing skill set one would think that the Patriots
would add to his weapons but bad luck (some would say warranted) with the Gorgon
and Brown experiment and the the organizational failure to get a decent TE have caused
this.

Kraft is Jones like in his favoritism for Brady so it makes me wonder who was
responsible for the Jimmy G trade and if BB is making a point with the lack of weapons
provided to Kraft's favorite son.

kskboys

Reaction score
The reason father time is undefeated is that he has something that Brady does not.

a constant resupply of effective weapons.

Given his advancing age and diminishing skill set one would think that the Patriots
would add to his weapons but bad luck (some would say warranted) with the Gorgon
and Brown experiment and the the organizational failure to get a decent TE have caused
this.

Kraft is Jones like in his favoritism for Brady so it makes me wonder who was
responsible for the Jimmy G trade and if BB is making a point with the lack of weapons
provided to Kraft's favorite son.
I'm wondering if anyone even remembers they dumped Brandin Cooks. Looks like they could really use him now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Does he look like on decline? I mean he is 42 going on 43. He should be done right?
I don't think he's declined from last year, but the caliber of players around him have. They are really struggling at wide receiver, and as I've said before even the best quarterbacks in the league will fail without receivers they don't have chemistry with. To an extent a running quarterback that can buy time for a receiver to get open it's not as important, but a pocket passer needs timing, and needs route runners to be precise.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think he's declined from last year, but the caliber of players around him have. They are really struggling at wide receiver, and as I've said before even the best quarterbacks in the league will fail without receivers they don't have chemistry with. To an extent a running quarterback that can buy time for a receiver to get open it's not as important, but a pocket passer needs timing, and needs route runners to be precise.
If you don't think he's declined, you have not watched him play.

Why would you think a 42/43 year old QB hasn't declined? That's what happens.

Ghost12

Reaction score
You are a Pats fan right? I might be wrong so please correct me if you think otherwise. To me, Brady is just a bystander in Bellichick era. Pats success is Bellichick related.
There's no way to know how each man would fare had they not been on the same team, but we do know this: Bill Belichick has 7 years as a head coach in seasons without Tom Brady. In those 7 years, he has won all of 1 playoff game.

Also, Belichick was 5-13 to start as NC of New England. Once Brady took over, they went 14-3 the rest of that season (including winning Super Bowl 36). The franchise turnaround literally took place once Brady took over as the starter, not the day Bill Belichick arrived.

Ghost12

Reaction score
:lmao:
3iwcoz.jpg
The above meme raises an interesting philosophical question: Is it better to lose to good teams or to lose to bad ones? If you lose to good teams, you get criticized for not being able to beat good teams. But is it better to lose to bad teams instead? Should you be more ashamed of losing to Baltimore or losing to Atlanta?

(All this ignores the fact that NE beat Buffalo, whose record is better than one of the aforementioned "real teams" and tied with another)

kskboys

Reaction score
There's no way to know how each man would fare had they not been on the same team, but we do know this: Bill Belichick has 7 years as a head coach in seasons without Tom Brady. In those 7 years, he has won all of 1 playoff game.

Also, Belichick was 5-13 to start as NC of New England. Once Brady took over, they went 14-3 the rest of that season (including winning Super Bowl 36). The franchise turnaround literally took place once Brady took over as the starter, not the day Bill Belichick arrived.
The 01 Pats FA haul is considered one of the best of all time, not to mention picking up Seymour and Light in the draft. It was nowhere near JUST Brady that took them from 5-11 to 11-5 in one season. Vrabel, Phifer, Terrell Buckley, Antowain Smith, just to name a few.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The 01 Pats FA haul is considered one of the best of all time, not to mention picking up Seymour and Light in the draft. It was nowhere near JUST Brady that took them from 5-11 to 11-5 in one season. Vrabel, Phifer, Terrell Buckley, Antowain Smith, just to name a few.
And yet they were 0-2 before Brady took over. The Patriots under Belichick before Brady were 5-13. After Brady, they won 14 of the next 17 and a dynasty was born.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
If you don't think he's declined, you have not watched him play.

Why would you think a 42/43 year old QB hasn't declined? That's what happens.
Sure he's declined in plenty of areas. All quarterbacks do when they reach their 30s. I just don't see much decline from last year from Brady as much as I do from who's around him, and that offense.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Brady was consistently a top 5 QB until 2018 by any sane measure, and the value of just having that position on lock down every year for 15+ years or whatever is basically incalculable, no matter how good of a coach you are.

Landry still needed Staubach to win titles instead of "only" field playoff teams every year. Walsh was a good coach before Montana, but not a champion. Paul Brown needed Otto Graham. The list goes on.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sure he's declined in plenty of areas. All quarterbacks do when they reach their 30s. I just don't see much decline from last year from Brady as much as I do from who's around him, and that offense.
Brady is hearing footsteps big time. He's dumping the ball away when anyone gets close. He's not making plays that were a cinch not long ago.

I guess I'm just not going to see how you don't see the decline. Are you a Brady/Pats fan by chance?

kskboys

Reaction score
And yet they were 0-2 before Brady took over. The Patriots under Belichick before Brady were 5-13. After Brady, they won 14 of the next 17 and a dynasty was born.
And they still lost 2 of their next 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so long ago I have no idea what it was about.

Brady and Belly are both amongst the greatest of all time.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Brady is hearing footsteps big time. He's dumping the ball away when anyone gets close. He's not making plays that were a cinch not long ago.

I guess I'm just not going to see how you don't see the decline. Are you a Brady/Pats fan by chance?

I wouldn't be on these boards if I was a fan of the patriots. I have a great deal of admiration for Tom Brady, and do enjoy watching him. I'm simply stating my opinion from watching him I have not seen 1 bit of decline from last year's Super Bowl to now. The team around him however is a different story.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't be on these boards if I was a fan of the patriots. I have a great deal of admiration for Tom Brady, and do enjoy watching him. I'm simply stating my opinion from watching him I have not seen 1 bit of decline from last year's Super Bowl to now. The team around him however is a different story.
Fair enough.

I'm thinking you haven't watched him a ton.