Father time and Tom Brady

sean10mm

Reaction score
Brady has been in slow physical decline since like 2016. His last year where he was really throwing high velocity bullets was 2015. But his superior mental ability and good supporting cast in 2016-2017 basically made it irrelevant. His 2017 arm was clearly not his 2014 arm, yet he was (correctly!) voted 1st Team All-Pro and League MVP.

2018 had some supporting cast drop-off, but Brady was still mostly Brady and regularly lit up teams like it was no big deal.

2019 his arm is a little softer for sure, but we probably wouldn't really notice much change if it wasn't for the constant turnover at WR and TE and having to start a garbage LT for most of the middle of the year. He basically looks exactly like he did in 2013 when all his receivers and tight ends crapped out in the same way as 2019.

People have been predicting Brady's demise from old age since 2013. It's going to be true eventually, but he's made enough people look like morons the last 5+ years that I'm not going to try to get in front of that one.

Pape

Reaction score
What's even more amazing is that you can't even have a discussion w/o insulting. You are a sad little dude.

that's not an insult ... I am much more direct with my insults than that ... some people have no sense of humor.

but, then again, after last night, everyone around here sure is cranky ...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady is done. Sorry, Pape. He's even hearing footsteps that aren't there now. He's a bare shell of his former self, and could only win a super bowl w/ a Bronco's type D from 2015.

............which the patriots have. Brady isn't what he used to be but he doesn't have the talent at TE and WR he used to have either. ...........and he did just win a super bowl. His arm is far from the noodle Peyton Manning's was his last season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Does he look like on decline? I mean he is 42 going on 43. He should be done right?
I'll be shocked if he plays next year and even more so if the Patriots actually start him. The Pats will be one and done in the playoffs this year for the first time I can remember.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be shocked if he plays next year and even more so if the Patriots actually start him. The Pats will be one and done in the playoffs this year for the first time I can remember.

I think he plays next year, but he's not coming back to NE unless the team commits to signing him some weapons. He's got nobody out there.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I see nothing that has changed with Brady. It's not like it's the Peyton Manning thing where he can't throw the ball anymore, he can.

The problem with the Patriots right now is the fact the talent just isn't there. Honestly, they probably should have kept Gordon around a little longer.

sean10mm

Reaction score

I mean yeah, but he's averaged 1-2 catches agame for the Seahawks. It was weird that they let him go but he looks washed up. Might still be better than the undrafted rookie Brady has to throw to half the time though.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3iwcoz.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

kskboys

Reaction score
I see nothing that has changed with Brady. It's not like it's the Peyton Manning thing where he can't throw the ball anymore, he can.

The problem with the Patriots right now is the fact the talent just isn't there. Honestly, they probably should have kept Gordon around a little longer.
Brady's hearing footsteps. Dumping the ball into the ground at the first sign of pressure. Happens.

I don't have a horse in this race. I respect Brady and him being top 10 all time, but regression is regression. I've watched several of his games, and he's not what he was. I think a lot has changed.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Brady's game was never about throwing deep bombs, or running a lot. He won with accurate throws, smart reads, being able to avoid the rush and getting the most out of his receivers.
Also had a ton of luck and a coach that designed an offense that featured wide open receivers nearly every play.

HIs accuracy is slipping, he's missing receivers more than he used to and I've seem some throws that just didn't get to the receiver like they used to.

I'm thinking this year is it for him, especially if he can win another title...

kskboys

Reaction score
Brady's game was never about throwing deep bombs, or running a lot. He won with accurate throws, smart reads, being able to avoid the rush and getting the most out of his receivers.
Also had a ton of luck and a coach that designed an offense that featured wide open receivers nearly every play.

HIs accuracy is slipping, he's missing receivers more than he used to and I've seem some throws that just didn't get to the receiver like they used to.

I was actually surprised to see anyone claim that there's no slippage. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Pape

Reaction score
Does he not even realize he throws snarky comments? His denial was priceless!!!!!
Not priceless, honest. If I wanted to insult you I would out right insult you. If anything, I've held back.

Do me a favor, ignore me. Problem solved. You won't have to read anything else I might say.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT going to happen. (he should have retired last year in style) Unless of course the teams they DID beat, are in the playoffs. Jets, Dolphins, Giants, Browns, Egals, Bengals, Cowboys, Skins, oh wait etc.... :lmao:

kskboys

Reaction score
Not priceless, honest. If I wanted to insult you I would out right insult you. If anything, I've held back.

Do me a favor, ignore me. Problem solved. You won't have to read anything else I might say.
OMG, a drama queen!!!!

I would never ignore you, you are far too amusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you say that in your best Ahnold voice? "If I wanted to insult you I would outright insult you." Or maybe Jack Nicholson?

Seriously, you watch too many movie or something!!!!!!!!!!!!