fave guitarist

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trickblue said:
No Mark Knopfler fans here? :eek:

Hey....that's a good one...ya know, a "dark horse" of sorts...made a great album with Chester...AND if you haven't heard, the Chet and Jerry Reed early albums are great...Mr Reed CAN play.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
For acoustic sounds...Stephen Bennett... Oscar Lopez...are just two who come to mind for me...

Not better than Chet or Peter White...but they're darn good..
if you like acoustic check out paco delucia. a really fine album is "friday night in san francisco" with paco, john mclaughlin, and al dimeola live in concert. with three acoustics for "kindling" - the three of them just about start a fire. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey....that's a good one...ya know, a "dark horse" of sorts...made a great album with Chester...AND if you haven't heard, the Chet and Jerry Reed early albums are great...Mr Reed CAN play.

I have the "Neck to Neck" CD... great stuff...

and you are right... Reed can play... he doesn't get the consideration because he is kinda goofy...

Steve Wariner is another VERY under-rated guitarist... also... and never leave Roy Clark out...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I have the "Neck to Neck" CD... great stuff...

and you are right... Reed can play... he doesn't get the consideration because he is kinda goofy...

Steve Wariner is another VERY under-rated guitarist... also... and never leave Roy Clark out...

Well, perhaps because he is ALWAYS mentioned, Segovia can't be ignored either...sounds like a Yogi Berra comment

Reed and Atkins..the first two albums...one with Chet in a rowboat playing his guitar while Jerry is rowing, is great...I forget the name...

Tommy Emmanuel is another great guitar player...

And yes, Steve Wariner never gets mentioned...for me, he's the next level...but he's darn good.

And yes, Roy is fabulous.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Duane said:
You're right super solid album. Very few people have his talent to sing and play.

I think my fave is "chasin' the sun" followed right behind "I will remember".
then cap it off with the bluesy "chariot" - strong set there. and super-strong overall effort from mr. bramhall.

Hoov

Reaction score
No David Gilmore mention as of yet ? Pink Floyd music is absolutely hypnotic, takes you away to anther place.
Jimmy Page definitley one of the all time greats. Agnus Rocks....not so big on Van Halen and SRV....just a personal preference, i recognize the great talent though, just not really my style. still listen and appreciate those two but when i am picking i would select other musicians/bands to jam out to.

Also i enjoy a lot of newer artists with the hard care in your face style, not as harmonic with the solo's and scales but more adrenalin rush type of jam.

Also saw a mention of john mayer, that kid is good. something to listen to when i'm in the right mood.

Metallica Rocks, Love Godsmack... and of course....any of the guitarists who played and recorded with Ozzy.

Hoov

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
SRV ...... but i also like Zakk Wylde and Henry Garza.

Zakk Wylde...No More Tears one of my favorite albums. :toast2:

And i have to add Jerry Garcia, Bobby Weir. Grateful Dead was one of the best LIVE bands ever to perform. Incredible musicains.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Lots of good selections here. Might I add....

George Lynch---VERY UNDERRATED
Dimebag Darrell---RIP

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
Lots of good selections here. Might I add....

George Lynch---VERY UNDERRATED
Dimebag Darrell---RIP

I like Lynch as well...he has a nice solo style...I also thought vivian campbell really was a great guitarist when he was with Dio....still love rainbow in the dark solo.

A name that many will not know is Trey Azagthoth of Morbid Angel....he is really good for his genre.

Most of the other guitarists I like have already been mentioned.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hendrix 1. Robert Johnson 2. Navarro(not as good sober for some reason) 3.

Randy Rhodes, the uhhh german dude on "gee'tar" for Rammstein, the poor heroined out dude who died in RHCP, EVH as honorable mentions.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
1. Hendrix
2. B.B. King
3. Johnny 'Guitar' Watson
4. George Benson
5. Prince
6. Carlos Santana

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Hendrix 1. Robert Johnson 2. Navarro(not as good sober for some reason) 3.

Randy Rhodes, the uhhh german dude on "gee'tar" for Rammstein, the poor heroined out dude who died in RHCP, EVH as honorable mentions.
I forgot about Randy Rhodes. I'm not a huge Ozzy fan but he kicked arse big time.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Chief said:
The guys I enjoy are Carlos Santana, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Lifeson and the young guy, John Mayer.

I agree with the Carlos Santana and Eddie Van Halen...

Mine would be

Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
Carlos Santana
Eddie Van Halen
Jimmy Page