Favor: Vid of T-New's TD return?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't get to watch the game, but I would like to see T-New's return.

Can anybody snag the vid for me?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
After 64 games Newman finally breaks one, but sadly it happens in arguably his worst game as a Professional:banghead:

I bet he won't be running his yap this week.

superpunk

Reaction score
Charles;1281844 said:
After 64 games Newman finally breaks one, but sadly it happens in arguably his worst game as a Professional:banghead:

But.....but.......21 players in his rear view.:lmao2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Charles;1281844 said:

It seemed nice when he did it.

I think he should go back into the shadows now.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1281848 said:
But.....but.......21 players in his rear view.:lmao2:

It's almost prophetic isn't it. I critise the guy for not even bein glucky enough to break one in the next game he finally see's the light.............64 games is along time to wait especially for the 5th overall pick wouldn't you agree.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1281858 said:
It seemed nice when he did it.

I think he should go back into the shadows now.

Nice..........more like shocked but Mike Williams owning his *** brought me back to reality.

superpunk

Reaction score
Charles;1281863 said:
It's almost prophetic isn't it. I critise the guy for not even bein glucky enough to break one in the next game he finally see's the light.............64 games is along time to wait especially for the 5th overall pick wouldn't you agree.

I wouldn't agree. He rarely returns punts, and pick-six happens once in a blue moon. I don't look at top pick QBs and wonder when the next time one of them is going to complete a game-tying hail-mary. Why would I judge CBs on an equally rare criteria?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Charles;1281844 said:

But, you have to take into account that he didn't return many kicks his first 2 years. (2 to be exact)

Still I agree that this is what we should except from a 5th overall pick. Let's hope he breaks one in the playoffs.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1281871 said:
I wouldn't agree. He rarely returns punts, and pick-six happens once in a blue moon.
Rarely or just not good enough, I didn't see other franchises with elite return me holding them back......Champ Bailey did it DC and with the Bronco's, Hall does it, Adam Pac Man Jones does it............last time I checked folks around these parts though he was comparable, infact the scouting staff and coaching department ran their mouths about his Special teams ability inorder to justify the 5th overall selection.

pick-six are just a part of the plays that elite CBs or Special teams players are supposed to make. The fact that 4 seasons went by before an extraodinary talent like Newman was able to sniff end-zone is amazing......just like the blue moon.
superpunk;1281871 said:
I don't look at top pick QBs and wonder when the next time one of them is going to complete a game-tying hail-mary.
Neither do I, but I expect them to atleast make game changing places once every blue moon, Newman's blue moon came this Sunday after exactly 4 seasons in the NFL........too bad he also threw in his worst performance as a Pro too.
superpunk;1281871 said:
Why would I judge CBs on an equally rare criteria?
Because the elite are able to do the rare things that very good CBs like Newman can't do or couldn't do until this past Sunday.

superpunk

Reaction score
Charles;1281897 said:
Rarely or just not good enough, I didn't see other franchises with elite return me holding them back......Champ Bailey did it DC and with the Bronco's, Hall does it, Adam Pac Man Jones does it............last time I checked folks around these parts though he was comparable, infact the scouting staff and coaching department ran their mouths about his Special teams ability inorder to justify the 5th overall selection.

What does any of that have to do with how Parcells views using corners as returners. Considering we've never had a returner who was a full-time starter, I think conclusions can be drawn. The fact that Parcells puts Newman in there when it looks like a return will be probable, or he needs a big play, should tell you everything you need to know about Parcells' opinion of Newman as a returner.

You held up a TD as some holy grail. He now has the exact same number of TDs in his first 4 years as the incomparable Champ Bailey did. w00t. :rolleyes:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Another title to this thread........

"After 4 seasons in NFL, 5th overall pick flashes game changing plays (good and bad) against a woeful 3-13 Lions team"

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I believe it was Dallas ONLY punt/kick return for TD all season...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1281774 said:
Didn't get to watch the game, but I would like to see T-New's return.

Can anybody snag the vid for me?

I didn't get to see the game either, but they have the game highlights on DallasCowboys.com and it shows the punt return.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well, WG, we have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that your thread has been hijacked by at least a pseudo-troll.

But the good news is that now it's sure to be bumped enough that some video wiz will be sure to see it. ;)

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1281919 said:
What does any of that have to do with how Parcells views using corners as returners. Considering we've never had a returner who was a full-time starter, I think conclusions can be drawn. The fact that Parcells puts Newman in there when it looks like a return will be probable, or he needs a big play, should tell you everything you need to know about Parcells' opinion of Newman as a returner.
You'd have a point, but while Parcells prefers a certain body type for punt and KO returns, he doesn't let pure talent get in the way. Aaron Glenn does not have the body type, but Parcells has used him on numerous occassions to field KO, infact the guy was back their on Sunday, last time I checked Glenn was more like Darrell Green than Austin Miles or Tyson Thompson. The same applies to Dedric Ward as a punt return.

superpunk;1281919 said:
You held up a TD as some holy grail. He now has the exact same number of TDs in his first 4 years as the incomparable Champ Bailey did. w00t. :rolleyes:
Wrong, I held up play making ability (as expected froma 5TH OVERALL pick) as the holy grail, but I am not suprised you'd pigeon-hole my stance to prove a point.

No matter how hard the stat pushers try, Newman has never played consistenly at the level Champ brings to the table and the Commanders nor the Bronco's had to wait 4 seasons against one of the worst teams in the NFL in the last game of the season with nothing to play for. :rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1281942 said:
I didn't get to see the game either, but they have the game highlights on DallasCowboys.com and it shows the punt return.
Ok thanks. I'll check it out.

Chocolate Lab;1281947 said:
Well, WG, we have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that your thread has been hijacked by at least a pseudo-troll.

But the good news is that now it's sure to be bumped enough that some video wiz will be sure to see it. ;)
Yeah CL, there's a positive in everything. I'm still trying to walk thru the manure to get to it.:(