Favor: Vid of T-New's TD return?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1282291 said:
Controlling half the field isn't "game-changing" enough. :rolleyes: Whatever. It's not worth it.

Controlling half the field:lmao2: :lmao: :bow:.

Newman has never been given that type of respect by our coaching staff. There is absolutely no evidence or stats that can prove the point.

In Deion's case it was very evident. When he came to Dallas, Woody was good enough to play close to the LOS and cover. Deion rarely needed Safety help. Marion or Teague played center field mostly cheating to the other CB to give help. Infact that is how half the field crap started.

Furthermore, Newman moves into the slot on as Nickel back. It's kind of impossible covering half the field when you're in the slot. It's also shocking at how few peel/assist off INTs he's had playing Nickel against the normally the
3rd Wr.

Sell those cliche's soemwhere else. Deion and Newman have only one similarity speed, Deion knew how to use his......after 63 games Newman realized he could actually hit a hole and accelerate past a kicker.

TEK2000

Reaction score
You're obviously one of the people that votes for CB's based purely on INT's.

Its hard to recognize good players when you actually have to watch the games and know what you're watching rather than seeing highlights on ESPN and pulling up stats.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282483 said:
You're obviously one of the people that votes for CB's based purely on INT's.

Its hard to recognize good players when you actually have to watch the games and know what you're watching rather than seeing highlights on ESPN and pulling up stats.
Interesting coming from a poster with A Video game Avatar.

I said it last week and I'll say it again.

I like Newman, I like the cover abilities he brings to the team. We essentially have a starting caliber CB moving to the slot on the nickel. That is greatin todays NFL. I am a Newman fan too.

But have we got the value/production expect from Newman as the 5th overall pick. I have this discussion everytime a Cowboy fans says Newman in "snubbed" from the Pro Bowl or folks hold up the few TDs passes given up by Newman as the reason he should be considered an elite CB.

Last week some said he'd only given up 2TD in 35 games. I asked if those TDs included TD runs to his side. I bet Champ Bailey would have stopped Chris Cooley dead in his tracks if they met in the open field. I can't seem to forget Cooley taking Newman's jock into the EndZone last year.

Parcell's critised Newman's arm technique 2 weeks ago when he gave up a reception by swatting with the wrong had.

Newman is lacking in areas that we exepcted when drafting 5th overall.

Do I like the player.........YES. Are we getting bang for our buck/draft value NO!!!.

He needs to shut up or end up lookind like a Donkey.

When he gave up that TD to Mike Williams you don't think there were players on the sideline saying...........is this the same guy who was running his mouth about making more plays last week.........is this also the same guy that hasn't sniffed the EndZone in like 4 seasons after being a elite SP player and CB at Kansas.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Video Game avatar? Might want to look a little closer bud... that's a frame capture of the ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE when Ware was running his TD vs the Falcons.

Newman has "sniffed" the endzone the same amount of times Champ Bailey did in his first 4 seasons.... ONCE!

Why don't you stop "sniffing" Champ Bailey's jock.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Lets set aside draft position real quick and just take a look at whether we are getting our money's worth.

For a guy that didn't allow a single passing TD through 30 straight games....

Newman, Terence
View Stats at Players Inc Site
Player Info
Draft Info

CB (#)
Year: 2003

Dallas Cowboys
Round: 1
Position: 5

Salary History

2003 1111000.00
2004 305417.00
2005 583167.00
2006 860917.00
2007 1138667.00
2008 1416417.00
2009 1694165.00

Bailey, Roland (Champ)
Player Info
Draft Info

CB (#24)
Year: 1999

Denver Broncos
Position: 7

Salary History

2004 1000000.00
2005 540000.00
2006 5500000.00
2007 5500000.00
2008 7500000.00
2009 6500000.00
2010 9500000.00

That's $5.5mil compared to $860k.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282592 said:
Lets set aside draft position real quick and just take a look at whether we are getting our money's worth.

For a guy that didn't allow a single passing TD through 30 straight games....

Newman, Terence
Player Info
Draft Info

CB (#)
Year: 2003

Dallas Cowboys
Position: 5

Salary History

2003 1111000.00
2004 305417.00
2005 583167.00
2006 860917.00
2007 1138667.00
2008 1416417.00
2009 1694165.00

Bailey, Roland (Champ)
Player Info
Draft Info

CB (#24)
Year: 1999

Denver Broncos
Position: 7

Salary History

2004 1000000.00
2005 540000.00
2006 5500000.00
2007 5500000.00
2008 7500000.00
2009 6500000.00
2010 9500000.00

That's $5.5mil compared to $860k.

:laugh2: I guess you have a point if Newman was anything other than a high draft pick.........but he was:laugh2:

You also have a point if Bailey was still playing on his rookie contract......but he isn't:laugh2:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Charles, where does Nate Washington fit into the picture in comparison to Furrey>

Furrey at least is near the tops in receptions, racked up quite a few yards, and had a great season.

Nate Washington IIRC, beat DeAngelo Hall for a TD.

Secondly, Newman scored a TD. You've been clamoring for WEEKS for him to put "21 in his review." Now he has.

You labor and labor us with your Champ talk and his ability to score. This is a recent thing for Champ. As already stated, he scored once in his first four years in the league. Newman has that matched.

Secondly, I am curious to what kind of expectations you set for a CB. Because Newman has played pretty well despite almost no consistant pass rush all season long. I mean, you can only hold coverage for 10 seconds so many times before getting beat, right?

All of us would love to see Newman make a few more plays on the ball. But you know what is equally nice? Not seeing him in highlights for nearly two years (as in getting burnt).

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282563 said:
Video Game avatar? Might want to look a little closer bud... that's a frame capture of the ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE when Ware was running his TD vs the Falcons.

Newman has "sniffed" the endzone the same amount of times Champ Bailey did in his first 4 seasons.... ONCE!

Why don't you stop "sniffing" Champ Bailey's jock.
That is real life. I am mistaken. I had forgotten it didn't take Ware atleast 4 seasons to sniff the EndZone...........(ever get the feeling you got set-up);).

I've been waiting to drink the Newman Kool-aid. Sadly, I am unimpressed. He took 64 games.........against a 3-13 team with nothing to play for. Infact Terence Newman is responsible for giving the pathetic Lions any hope, when his dump penalty negated a Roy Williams INT. It's funny how Roy is considered a pathetic cover guy, yet seems to be in position to do what Newman can't do until he goes up against a punt return unit on a 3-13 team.

Lay-off the Newman sauce it's clouding your judgement.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Charles;1282852 said:
:laugh2: I guess you have a point if Newman was anything other than a high draft pick.........but he was:laugh2:

You also have a point if Bailey was still playing on his rookie contract......but he isn't:laugh2:

You do realize that Newman's contract is listed as being through 2009 for much less than 2 mil a year... while Bailey will cost the Broncos 7.5 mil, 6.5mil, 9.5 mil per each of the upcoming seasons (should he play out the rest of his contract).

Newman is 4 INT's behind Champ at this stage of Champ's career... but can we say that Champ never allowed a passing TD through 30 games of his 3rd and 4th season? I highly doubt it.

The one thing that I'll always remember about Champ Bailey... and this is not to say he's not GREAT because HE IS! 2005 Cowboys vs Broncos. Bledsoe throws an out route and Bailey jumps it and takes it to the house. Later in the game... they fake a quick throw to Terry Glenn, Champ bites HARD on the fake and leaves Keyshawn WIDE OPEN to WALK into the endzone.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282902 said:
Newman is 4 INT's behind Champ at this stage of Champ's career... but can we say that Champ never allowed a passing TD through 30 games of his 3rd and 4th season? I highly doubt it.

According to STATS LLC., Bailey allowed a total of seven touchdown catches in his third and fourth seasons. He followed that up by allowing nine in his fifth and sixth seasons. That's 16 TD catches allowed in those four seasons, compared to 11 interceptions (none for a touchdown).

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1282923 said:
According to STATS LLC., Bailey allowed a total of seven touchdown catches in his third and fourth seasons. He followed that up by allowing nine in his fifth and sixth seasons. That's 16 TD catches allowed in those four seasons, compared to 11 interceptions (none for a touchdown).

And Newman's?

And can someone tell me if it was Nate Washington who DeAngelo Hall allowed to score....?

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage;1282952 said:
And Newman's?

And can someone tell me if it was Nate Washington who DeAngelo Hall allowed to score....?
Newman would be 3 TDs and 4 picks, if I'm not mistaken - for his third and fourth years.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1282856 said:
Charles, where does Nate Washington fit into the picture in comparison to Furrey>

Furrey at least is near the tops in receptions, racked up quite a few yards, and had a great season.

Nate Washington IIRC, beat DeAngelo Hall for a TD.
I don't have to reconcile the comparison, because I already admitted last week while critising Newman that all CBs get beat. The elite just make more plays too.
Vintage;1282856 said:
Secondly, Newman scored a TD. You've been clamoring for WEEKS for him to put "21 in his review." Now he has.
Wrong, I've been clamoring for 4 seasons.
Vintage;1282856 said:
You labor and labor us with your Champ talk and his ability to score. This is a recent thing for Champ. As already stated, he scored once in his first four years in the league. Newman has that matched.
Wrong, I labor at Champs and Hall abilities to game changing plays........scoring just happens to be one factor.
Vintage;1282856 said:
Secondly, I am curious to what kind of expectations you set for a CB. Because Newman has played pretty well despite almost no consistant pass rush all season long. I mean, you can only hold coverage for 10 seconds so many times before getting beat, right?
The expectations were set very high when he was selected with the 5th overall pick. He draft value was due to his exceptional CB and Special teams skills.
It took 64 games and arguably the worst built franchise in todays NFL to make a play in Special teams and he still hasn't been lucky enough to jump a route and take it to the house.
Vintage;1282856 said:
All of us would love to see Newman make a few more plays on the ball. But you know what is equally nice? Not seeing him in highlights for nearly two years (as in getting burnt).

I agree Highlights......... Bad and GOOD:p:

TEK2000

Reaction score
Charles;1282998 said:
Wrong, I labor at Champs and Hall abilities to game changing plays........scoring just happens to be one factor.

It took 64 games and arguably the worst built franchise in todays NFL to make a play in Special teams and he still hasn't been lucky enough to jump a route and take it to the house.

Are you referring to Hall's ability to give up the 51 yarder to TO... or the 84 yarder to Devery Henderson?

It took Champ 80 games and a 2nd franchise before he got his 2nd TD so why are you acting like he's just been lighting up the scoreboard his entire career and belittling Newman's accomplishments?

superpunk

Reaction score
TEK2000;1283026 said:
Are you referring to Hall's ability to give up the 51 yarder to TO... or the 84 yarder to Devery Henderson?

It took Champ 80 games and a 2nd franchise before he got his 2nd TD so why are you acting like he's just been lighting up the scoreboard his entire career and belittling Newman's accomplishments?

My guess would be that after 04, Charles sourpussed on Newman and now can't let it go, like he does with any player he chooses to whine about. Now, he's got to defend an indefensible stance, rather than eat crow, and the only flaw in Newman's game was that he's not housing the ball all the time. So, he's got to take the style over substance route to defend his position. Some people can't fess up and say "I jumped too soon on that one."

Just a guess.

TEK2000

Reaction score
superpunk;1283038 said:
My guess would be that after 04, Charles sourpussed on Newman and now can't let it go, like he does with any player he chooses to whine about. Now, he's got to defend an indefensible stance, rather than eat crow, and the only flaw in Newman's game was that he's not housing the ball all the time. So, he's got to take the style over substance route to defend his position. Some people can't fess up and say "I jumped too soon on that one."

Just a guess.

Sounds very logical to me! :starspin :starspin

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1283026 said:

Champ Bailey has been lighting up the play-making scoreboard his entire career.

The only reason Newman's accomplishments appear to be belittled in my posts is because I hold them up to the value/production expected from a top 10 pick.

Ware has only played in 2 seasons. He already has about 5 signature plays and has dominated about 3 to 4 games. Considering he learned a new postion that is remarkable, but player drafted higher in Newman tagged with having Special teams and elite covering capabilities has been up until yesterday nondescript. Infact yesterday can't even count cause he gave up more points than he created........

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1283038 said:

Just a guess.
I actually like Newman. How many times do I have to say it? But he hasn't lived up the billing.

Sadly, you can't refure the point so you left guessing.

I didn't jump too soon. Newman decided to run his mouth last week about how everyone needs to shut up and make plays. While I like the Newman's ability, it's amazing how he's gone 4 seasons without having a signature game or play after being the 5th overall pick, but decides to call his teammates out.

What goes around comes around. He proceeds to take points away from the team on the 1st play. Maybe he got jealous that our Roy "an average" cover DB could luck up so easy.:D

He then coughs up the ball in our territory............makes a play that we've been waiting for for 4 seasons but later goes on to get beat covering WR (his forteit).

Yeah I am defending a lost cause atleast I am not guessing.