Favor: Vid of T-New's TD return?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1281953 said:
Yeah CL, there's a positive in everything. I'm still trying to walk thru the manure to get to it.:(
The truth usually hurts:p:

superpunk

Reaction score
Charles;1281949 said:
Wrong, I held up play making ability (as expected froma 5TH OVERALL pick) as the holy grail, but I am not suprised you'd pigeon-hole my stance to prove a point.

It may have had something to do with you repeating the same tired mantra over and over again.

"When was the last time Newman had 21 players in his rear-view mirror?"

Currently, the answer is last sunday.

I have to say, I'm shocked. Newman finally played a game similar to DeAngelo Hall or a young Champ Bailey, and you still find fault with him. There's no pleasing some people.

On second thought - I'm not shocked. And I see no reason to continue this. So, I'll leave you with the same phrase you typed up countless times last week.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1281919 said:
It may have had something to do with you repeating the same tired mantra over and over again.

Currently, the answer is last sunday.
I'll give the squirrel some luv.
superpunk;1281919 said:
I have to say, I'm shocked. Newman finally played a game similar to DeAngelo Hall or a young Champ Bailey, and you still find fault with him. There's no pleasing some people.
I'll be pleased when Newman starts living up the value expected from a CB draft with the 5th overall pick.

Wake me up the day that Bailey or Hall get owned by Mike Williams and Furley (sp). Owens, Johnson and Harrison they are not.
superpunk;1281919 said:
On second thought - I'm not shocked. And I see no reason to continue this. So, I'll leave you with the same phrase you typed up countless times last week.

It was after 63 games in the NFL going against a 3-13 team Detroit Lion team in which he also was responsible for giving up 14 points on TD passes some say his forteit:D . Not to mention negating another with a penalty.

Thanks for justifying my point with the question............He's along way from being the CB or player drafted with the 5th overall pick.

No further discussion needed.

Like I said last week Newman needs to shut up!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk;1282011 said:

He got burned like DeAngelo Hall, if that is what you mean.

I was happy for him to get the return and show one of the reasons he was our first round choice.

I was regretful to see that it almost came because he needed it badly to erase a bad taste in the mouth for one of his least effective performances over the last two seasons.

To become elite, he has to put it together. And until he has that perfect game, the criticisms will continue and will have at least some validity.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander;1282115 said:

:wink2: Exactly.

I was happy for him to get the return and show one of the reasons he was our first round choice.

I was regretful to see that it almost came because he needed it badly to erase a bad taste in the mouth for one of his least effective performances over the last two seasons.

To become elite, he has to put it together. And until he has that perfect game, the criticisms will continue and will have at least some validity.

IMO - shutting down (or as close as you can get) his half of the field has shown me why we picked him 5th overall. He's a great cover guy - shockingly, there are less of those guys than there are playmakers at CB - at least IMO. He's 4 years in. Bailey was roasted for years in DC for getting toasted regularly. He put it together, and is the most complete corner in the NFL, now. A great mix of coverage and ballhawking who will tempt the QBs to throw his way. Newman doesn't have that confidence yet, and maybe he'll never have that ability.

What he does have - and what he is for us - is a player who I am genuinely shocked when I see him allow even a catch. THAT is good. I have a feeling the rest will come.

DBoys

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1281774 said:
Didn't get to watch the game, but I would like to see T-New's return.

Can anybody snag the vid for me?

Nobody posted the game to download so I cannot rip it for you.

PM TEK2000 he always records the games and rips highlights.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1281774 said:
Didn't get to watch the game, but I would like to see T-New's return.

Can anybody snag the vid for me?

I will put the clip up tonight some time if you are willing to wait that long.

I am with my son today and He doesnt allow me to go on the computer and do anything.

I know I know how am I on now you ask, he is taking his nap and I am on the laptop!!!

I captured the game yesterday on my other computer.

Will get it up as soon as I can.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1282170 said:
I will put the clip up tonight some time if you are willing to wait that long.

I am with my son today and He doesnt allow me to go on the computer and do anything.

I know I know how am I on now you ask, he is taking his nap and I am on the laptop!!!

I captured the game yesterday on my other computer.

Will get it up as soon as I can.
I can wait. Job blocks streaming, so some of the other suggestions would have had to wait that long as well.

Alexander;1282173 said:
Don't blush, Woody's Girl.
Tehe. :p:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Alexander;1282173 said:
Don't blush, Woody's Girl.

LOL whoops!!

I feel like tobias from arrested development.

"I just blue mysefl"

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1282115 said:
He had a point, but I think it's one thing to get burnt by McNabb-Owens or Manning-Harrison or Palmer-Johnson but by Kitna-Furley/Williams:bang2:
Alexander;1282115 said:

:hammer:

Some can't get the cover kool-aid away from their mouths to realize that Newman has been nondescript his entire career. We didn't draft him to be a very good cover corner. He was drafted to be a all around CB with elite capabilities in Special teams............after 63 games that isn't bang for your buck.:cool:

TEK2000

Reaction score
Some "fans" are just disgusting. It doesn't matter that he's the most consistent and best defensive player we have over the course of 2 years... he has 1 game where he allows a couple of plays and all the sudden these "fans" come out of the woodwork to talk down about him.

Take a dump on EVERYONE and appreciate nothing!

I'm ashamed to call myself a Cowboys fan if I have to be grouped in with the likes of you Charles.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282263 said:
Some "fans" are just disgusting. It doesn't matter that he's the most consistent and best defensive player we have over the course of 2 years... he has 1 game where he allows a couple of plays and all the sudden these "fans" come out of the woodwork to talk down about him.

I'm ashamed to call myself a Cowboys fan if I have to be grouped in with the likes of you Charles.

LETS GET EM!!!! :chainsaw:

superpunk

Reaction score
TEK2000;1282263 said:

Controlling half the field isn't "game-changing" enough. :rolleyes: Whatever. It's not worth it.

Reaction score
superpunk;1282291 said:
Controlling half the field isn't "game-changing" enough. :rolleyes: Whatever. It's not worth it.

Its not the early 90's and Deion isnt out there? If I saw Mike Furrey abuse Deion I'd shart myself.. And Im not talking about post turf toe Deion either..

JPM

Reaction score
theebs;1282190 said:
LOL whoops!!

I feel like tobias from arrested development.

"I just blue mysefl"

That was the funniest show on TV.

"did you see the new poof ?"

JPM

Reaction score
TEK2000;1282263 said:

I'm a Yankees fan and when things go right everyone is happy, as soon as things turn sour, get rid of all of them. The similarities are striking.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1282263 said:
Some "fans" are just disgusting. It doesn't matter that he's the most consistent and best defensive player we have over the course of 2 years...
Newman hasn't been the best defensive player over the past 2 season..........thats Newman Kool-aid......Roy Williams, Bradie James and Ware might have something to say about. They've been just as good at their roles. Plus Roy and Ware have found ways to make plays while also fulfilling their primary roles. Newman has only been very good at his role....... covering, but nondescript in other areas expected from the 5th overall pick.
TEK2000;1282263 said:
he has 1 game where he allows a couple of plays and all the sudden these "fans" come out of the woodwork to talk down about him.
Well count me out of that group, I've been a Newman critic ever since I realized he hasn't been lucky enough to sniff the endzone for about 4 seasons. I didn't just come out the wood work.

I critised him last week when he appointed himself team spokesman when he hadn't done anything above the call of duty as exepct from the 5th overall pick, inhindsight he should have kept his mouth shut, cause it's only human nature that now his teammates whom he critised will look at him and wonder "why was this guy running his mouth last week and proceeds to give up 14 points and negate 7.
TEK2000;1282263 said:
Newman is 4 seasons in the hole, when it comes to making plays that were expect with his draft status attained from his exceptional play at Kansas.

Wake me up when he has a Ware type game (ala Carolina). Infact Ware showed us what happens when you play a 3-13 team. He had 3 sacks and was wrecking havoc. Newman was torched by Mike Williams and Furley (sp).

Why shouldn't I expect the same standard from Newman as Ware and Roy Willaims have displayed?

TEK2000;1282263 said:
I am ashamed that Cowboy fans like you have lowered the standards exepcted from the highest draft pick for our beloved team in the past decade.

Ever wonder why most fans smirk when Cowboy fans prop Newman up?

They respect his cover ability, but are amazed at his nondescript nature in other factors of the game......factors that elevated Terence to the 5th overal pick.

Get off the Newman Kool-aid.